Dragon Ball Z

The Tree of Might

Aired Weekdays 10:30 PM Unknown on Cartoon Network

• Good movie.

This is a very good movie. the only part i did not like is the ending. it came so sudden. first turles and goku are standing there waiting to fight then goku kills turles with a spirit bomb like 2 seconds later. Other then that i did not have a problem with this moive. We get to see a saiyan besides goku, vegeta, and gohan for the first time. The fighting was great and gohan turning to an oozura (Dont know if thats how its spelled) was good. the music was also very good too. cant wait too get the remastered version if this coming soon.
  • A great movie which brought me to mind the days when all Z Fighters were important.

What a great movie "The Three of Might" is...
    The story starts with Gohan, Krillin and Bulma camping when a forest fire starts caused by an unknown machine who falls from the sky, we then discover that the Earth is going to be occupied by a strange group of aliens, with armours similar to those that they sayans use. They plan to plant the sacred tree of Might on the Earth, this tree produces holy fruits which increase the power of the selected ones that eat them, but at the same time the tree drains the energy of the planet turning it into a mere shadow of it's former self.
    It's up to Goku, Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin, Yamcha, Tien and Chaotzu to safe the world from the invaiding aliens and destroy the cursed tree once and for all but to do that they have to kill Turles a man who is the mirror image of Goku but with a dark heart, pitty we don't get to know more about who he is that's the only bad aspect of this movie.
    Nonetheless get ready to see everyone fight it out and if you are a fan of Tien, Krillin, Chaotzu and Yamcha and think that they don't fight much during the DBZ series well then this episode is good for you;)

Thanks for reading.
  • Good fights, lackluster story like usual.

6.3
    While Gohan, Krillin, and Bulma, were going camping, a farmer erupted, causing the forest to burn down. They summoned the dragon, and wished for it to come back. A couple days later, the cause of the fire were extra terrestials led by a Saiyan named Turles, who planted a tree called the Tree of Might that sucks energy out of the planet in the form of fruits. Earth Special Forces battle against Turles and his gang, but they were overpowered. Goku however, didn't let up, and was on his way on defeating Turles, until he grabbed a fruit and ate it. Goku used his most powerful attack, the Spirit Bomb. However, the tree absorbed most of the earth's energy, and the bomb couldn't be formed. Then, Goku absorbed some of the tree's powers, which was enough to destroy Turles and the tree. Earth is saved once again.

What I like the most about this movie is the choreography of the fights. They were so unique and well planned out. In a lot of people's eyes, they're the same as the fights in the original anime, but they're much better directed than the normal ones in the series. It just sucks that some of the other side characters, like Yamcha and Tien, had short fights. If they were longer, that would be pretty sweet. Gohan's transformation into an ape again felt pretty pointless and unncessary, other than a mere excuse to kick him out of the battlefield. Nothing really good came out of it, and the time he wasted could have been used on more awesome Piccolo, Yamcha, or Tien, fight scenes. I don't really care about Chioutzu, since he doesn't do very much in terms of fighting. The ending surprised me a bit. It didn't feel like those out no where moments, even though it was close to being one, but it was unexpected. You'd expect Goku to finish of Turles with a dramatic spirit bomb, but instead, a plot device in the Tree of Might, was used to defeat him.

However, the story, unsurprisingly, is lackluster. The prestory of it held an interesting concept in that the fighters encountered here are as strong as they are because they sucked energy out of planets and ate its fruits. Though after the first ten or twenty minutes, the little story moments it has are pretty dull, and you'll be relying on the fights to keep you entertained. No thanks to Gohan's damn transformation, the movie was actually pretty hard to follow after. I actually forced myself to watch the rest of it, walking from my computer chair to my bed right behind it because it lost interest. The ending did end differently, but it would have needed to end spectacularly to save this movie. While the fights were excellent, it just lost interest mid way through.