Dragon Tales

PBS (ended 2005)

Dragon Tales Fan Reviews (33)

6.8
  • "To fly with dragons in a land apart". I can't believe I know that!

This is actually an enjoyable children's show. Each episode teaches children something about everyday life and how to deal with certain situations. It also has the added advantage of teaching children and adults alike Spanish, which for a children's show is a plus. The characters are easy to fall in love (although they can just as quickly get on your nerves sometimes) with and the themes are very useful as children grow up. You can actually learn from this show, children and adults alike.
  • Even though I shold say that I may be a little old for this show...it's a kid's show that actually has a point! It doesn't teach you how to count or the alphabet...it actually has a point!

This show is a little young for me...but I love all of the charachters! Max and Emmy are so adorable! I think the only reason i watch this is because Danny McKinnon did the voice of Max when he was eight or something. This is still a good show...I guess...
    From:
    Sarah Croley
  • Fortunatley no one knows I watch this show. It really is decent kids show. I love the theme song.

Dragon Tales, Dragon Tales, It almost time for dragon tales. Come along take my hand. Let's all go to dragon land! This theme song is sooo perfect. This show is a good children's show. They should show it more. It also can teach you a lesson. Too bad Dragon land isn't real.
  • Not a fun show to watch.

0.0
    Dragon tales is so fruity, it's sad. I have never heard of nice dragons before. That is what makes this cartoon so lame. Pokemon is alot better then Dragon tales, and I like pokemon still after all the years I've watched it. But I have never seen a dragon tales episode and never want to.
  • It's all right.

7.1
    The show is about Max and Emmy, two kids that find a dragon scale in their new home. After reciting some words, they are sent to Dragon Land, a land inhabited by dragons, but not the vicious kind.

I'd say a child might like this show, as well as some teens and adults. I used to watch this show when I was younger. I don't now, though. I occasionaly glimpse at it, though. Don't get me wrong, this show is okay, but friendly dragons? That makes no sense at all. Most of the comedy attempts fail, but they can pull off a joke once every few episodes. The plot is okay, I guess. As a show that has people learning lesson there was a lot of character development. I'd say this show has fair jokes, great character development, and good plot.
    7.1/10.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • Yeahh its allright!!!

I bearly watch this show now
    caouse there are no new episodes coming out
    the newest episodes where when this kid came to the show. Now i think there is no more
    I their were i would watch it.Dragon Tales is a family show.I hope their soon will be new episodes.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • I can't stand this show! But it is okay for kids 4 and under.

Well, I cannot stand this childish piece of crap but it is okay for the under 5 crowd. With all this other crap aimed at the 2-4 age group like Dora the Explorer, Caillou (that whiny brat just never stops screaming!), Barney, and worst off all those evil teletubbies, this show is one of the better ones. But it's not for anyone over 4.
  • THIS SHOW SUCKS!!!BADLY!!

1.4
    this show is so corney.you think people wanna watch dragons hang out with kids without killing them.dragons are not that friendly.these people are always friggin smling and ind in a great mood.It\'s okay once in a while,but look at the show.there\'s a whole bunch of magical cretures and the kids don\'t even scared or nothing.most of the episodes teach a life long lesson.What this show thought me was sh#$%!
  • This was my FAVORITE show when I was little. Of course, I don't watch it anymore.

Dragon Tales was my favorite show when I was little. But of course, I don't watch it anymore. Two Hispanic children, Max and Emmy, move into a new home. Like any young children, they're not quite happy at first about moving. Then, Emmy finds a secret drawer and inside is a box containing a magical, shimmering dragon scale. Hmmm.... there's some words on the box. What do they say? "I wish, I wish, with all my heart, to fly with dragons, in a land apart." The magical decorations fly around them, transporting them (and us) to Dragon Land. Overall, thios was an excellent show when I was little, but I don't watch it anymore.
  • best show in history!

best show in history?nah this is the worst show ever.I can't even see this show.not even a episode.this show is total crap.It does not teach kids anything.ord a big fat jerk.max really Inoying.emy.whatever.the rest of the chareters and show suck out load!so I would give it a zero but this site won't let me.
  • It not for 8+ years old.

3.6
    Ok what with the score, it like way lower than it should be. I mean do you see a TV-14 rating on this show. It just a show for kids under 7. It ain't meant for 11 years old+. Of looking back I'm wondering, why I watch that. The show in my perspective would "Why I watched that". Of course I don't want to watch today because if I did I would just throw my remote at the T.V. It a show made for toddlers and it dosen't matter what you think. If you really hate this show why did you watched it?
  • I'm only writing this review because I used to watch it when I was a kid.

I'm amazed this show gets a low rating! It's pretty simple, this show is for kids! This used to be one of my favorite shows when I was young (like Arthur). As for now, my grandma watches this show, so sometimes when I have to watch her, this show might come on. It's still sort of interesting, I guess. It teaches kids all those moral stuff and some real life problems. Of course, now I rather watch dragons do destruction instead but that's not the point. So, I give it a 9.5 rating because it's great for it's age group since there's not a lot of violence and all that stuff.
  • HEAVEN HELP ME, I LOOOOOOOVE IT!!!

Thank heaven no one knows I watch this show! Except for my mother that is. I'm 15 years old, and I know I'm too old for this show, but what the heck, I LOOOOOVE it anyway. It really is a good show, and I have to agree with one of the reviews on here that teens and adults alike will like it as well as kids do. The season 1 songs are pretty mediocre (except for "Stretch" and "Let's Go To The Zoo") but the Season 2 and 3 songs really hit the spot! Watch this show! You'll LOOOOOOVE IT!!!
  • Show stinks.

I tell you that it's another terrible show on that lame PBS Kids.The animation is kind of disturbing and it's another of those very stupid ideas for a show.I mean,come on.Two kids going to a land of dragons?!What a load of baloney!The kids are so not cool because their eyes make them look very ugly.I hate that stupid little pink dragon making her look all cute.Well,I don't really think that because of a idea like this one is really a bucket load of fish.These idiots who created this show is really making a stupid little dragon fantasy show that stinks.
  • Dragon Tales, Dragon Tales, Oh crap it\\\'s time for Dragon Tales, Come along and shoot my hand and we will die in Dragonland.

I'm sorry but this show is absolutely the worst show I have ever seen or had the disappointment of seeing at a young age, the show is about some 2 little asian kids who find a magical book and fly to Dragonland.... Excuse me? Dragonland? Oh yeah writers very creative, could've called it something more creative but no Dragonland is alright.... NOT.

a DRAGON is a vicious creature that lived in the Medievil times and Ancient China and ate people alive and breathed fire out and burned people alive, not become friends with 2 asian kids and teach them the freakin' alphabet.

If you mysteriously happen to find a dragon (not like anyone would) and you asked them if they could take them to Dragonland, you would be burned alive, eat layer by layer of skin and devoured by the menacing creature and be digested in his stomach until some JACKASS comes with a sword screaming "FOR CAMELOT!" and kill the beast, but you would still be dead.

And if I happened to find a book that would take me to Dragonland I would give it to Dick Cheney for Target Pratice next time he goes hunting so he doesn't have to shoot another person.

Seriously, whoever created this show is absolutely the stupidest person on earth, And the person who made the theme song, what the hell were you thinking! Honestly that's got to be the worst theme song I have ever heard, everytime that damn song gets stuck on my head, I turn on some Metallica and Slipknot music and let the sounds of Heavy Metal guitars and Screaming get rid of it.

This show is just..... a disgrace. PBS is a brain-dead channel that nobody watches. And I hope that they will finally come to their senses and figure out that... "Wow! Our shows do suck!".

I made a point, and I hope all Dragons come and eat you alive.

• Seriously, this show is under-appreciated. This was one of the few good shows that you'd see on PBS these days.

Dragon Tales shows Max, Emmy (and Enrique in Season 3) as they interact with their dragon friends that they met through the help of a magical dragon scale.

For those of you who haven't seen this show, don't let this draw you away from the show, because it actually is better than it sounds.

Max, Emmy, or one of the dragons will often learn a life lesson in one of the episodes.

In addition to that, this show also has a good share of humor. Wheezie, one of the dragons, often supplies the humor of which I speak. My Way or Snow Way is a perfect example of an episode that supports my statement.

Dragon Tales also includes a segment in the show called "Dragon Tunes" where a song is always played. Some of those include "The World Goes Round and Round," "Stretch," and "Hum."

Also, the background music in the show is lively and even enjoyable. If you're forced to watch a bad episode (the show drops in quality, IMO, in mid 2nd Season), paying more attention to that music often helps.

Final Show Grade: A
  • come on. those dragon should be mean not friendly.

1.1
    seriuios, i know is for education, but come on a dragon. Dragon supposed to fight not be nice to people. two kids saying the saying again every time they go to other dimension. where is the parets of this kids? come on they never check what they are doing. those kids keep secret to eveyone. this show had alot things that is weird. if i would there i break that scale they never come agin. even stewie will have to to destroy that. this show is very bad show.those dragon need to learn how to fight. dragon is not nice they are mean. in that show forget it, i don't want to talk about it.
  • Who would create this show

1.8
    Now I am not saying that it is a good show only if you had a baby in the house. I wouldn't say that it teaches the little kids something but I don't know what. So we can't get anything out of it. Who ever made this show must didn't have better to do. I mean two little kids dispears without thier parents knowing.(they must not be good parents)and vist dragons. Who would watch this show without laughing thier hearts out. When I first saw it, I was about 8 and I didn't even like it. I can't believe it is still on after all of those years. Don't forget they had added a new kid in the show so the kid would met some fast friends who will never call you names (whatever!!) All I have to say that this shopw really stinks
  • This show is only good if you don't have a life, or if your a child!

3.5
    Dragon Tales is basically about two kids that go on advantures with dragons. You might think that its a good show, but really its boring, and the plot is stupid! I watched this show when I was baby-sitting, and eventhen I hated it. I have no idea why this show was on for this long, but I'm glad its over!
  • who would have thought of this show.

i bet there's people now in days who doesn't even watch the show anymore.i mean those dragons were suppose to be harmful instead they're harmless. i mean those dragon smile every episode.i mean seriuosly they are suppose to have bigger wings. i'm pretty sure one day the dragons will al die when a group of polices came and killed them all(or it could be a pack of wolves).i just wished this show was cancelled.i wonder if those kids will die because the dragons accidentilly breathed fire out.so my point was that i wish this show was cancelled forever and ever.
  • This show gets a 4 only because its educational

Dragon Tales is one of the worst shows on PBS today! First of all, are the only kids in this show Hispanic! Some diversity please. Emmy is the most annoying chracter on that show, she's the one who ALWAYS has the answer, the one they ALWAYS turn to,is there anyone else who can lead this group than some know-it-all 10 year child! And the dragons, lets not go there (but we must). Org needs consoling for all the stupid phobias he has. I'd rather see Cassey be the leader than Emmy, if she wasn't so scared. And whats with the new kid!? Crazy........just crazy.............
  • It Needs Fine Tuning.....

Dragon Tales is about this dragon who wanted to play with human friends, so she took some of her scales and hid them in several locations, and whoever finds them can come to DragonLand...

This is a good idea, but why are Max & Emmy the only kids that we see there?? ( Unless they changed this recently ) If there is more than one scale, then there should be more kids, and also, it seems like there aren't many Dragons...
    What happened to that Dragon, and those other kids??

Max, Emmy, and especially Max, can be very annoying sometimes. They have the same expression alot. Zac & Wheezie have an entire family that have two heads. And the strange thing is that this can easily be corrected without harming them or anything. All they have to do is rub two rocks together, and they can seperate easily. And they want to be stuck together. Who would want to do that?!

I don't know if anybody has noticed this, but some episodes they all sound completely different. And in some episodes the music is very dramatic.... And also some episodes are better than others... They make the Dragon Scale glow differently sometimes, and then those flying dragons on the wallpaper are shown differently sometimes... And it is nice whenever they have more dragons in some of the episodes. And several of the places in Dragon Land seem very interesting.
  • Can you guys keep a secret?

Yes, I still watch this show, and I'm 15. But I enjoy it a lot, especially when they do songs. I always get up and dance like a goofball, because this show sets me free and reminds me of my lost childhood. I also enjoy sweet, brainy Cassie...she's so like me when I was young.
    On a practical note, I watch this show because someday I want to work for cartoons in some way, and think that it's all little kids working on these shows? No, it's adults who want kids to have good, educational television. And that's why I watch it!
  • looove it!

I give it a 10 hands down. It is cute and all the little things about dragon land are so cool. Like looking for crystals or trying to read what the doodle fairy drew. Oh and when their Dragon Badge glows that is a special "I can do it" moment. Also you have to be at lest 13 to be on this site so little kids can't vote. It is more of a show for them but a few of us older kids like it. In my opinion there is no shame. The on annoying thing is when Max & Emmy laugh when nothing' was funny. Over all it is a good show about fantasy and your imagination.
  • Under appreciated

Even though I was already seven when they started this show I've always loved it except for about five years when I took a break from it like I resent it when people call Ord a glutton and say he's too big to be scared of the dark in reality I think so too but that's what makes him so lovable and I've also always loved the do re mi birds I'm hoping it will eventually be on TV again
  • Think of this as the dragon version of Barney

As if a dinosaur couldn't have turned into an idiot,PBS Kids decided to make dragons into idiots. This show is about 2 kids named Max and Emmy,who find some type of crystal,which transports them into some type of world with dragons. Oh,and the dragons are nice. Are you kidding me? Nice dragons?! If the giant dragon from How to Train your Dragon was in here,he would roast all of the characters. My first issue of this show is,of course,the characters. There is not one likable character at all. Max is annoying,Emmy is just like Max and constantly says "Defenitly". Cassie and Ord are just annoying,and Wheezie and Zak are just jerks who constantly fight all the time. The animation is OK,but not good either. This show is also led by musical numbers,which are terrible. The voice acting is just worse. Emmy never shuts up about saying "defentitly",Cassie sounds like a whiny 5-year old girl,and Org sounds like a drunk man. Overall,this show is horrible,and should be avoided at all costs.

• Childhood memories at best.

ummary [edit]
    Two Hispanic children, Max and Emmy, move into a new home. Like any young children, they're not quite happy at first about moving. Then, Emmy finds a secret drawer and inside is box containing a magical, shimmering dragon scale. Hmmm... there's some words on the box. What do they say? "I wish, I wish, with all my heart, to fly with dragons, in a land apart." The magical decorations fly around them, transporting them (and us) to Dragon Land.

Brought to you by Sesame Workshop (formerly Children's Television Workshop), the company that brings you Sesame Street it's Dragon Tales! Join Cassie, Ord, Zak & Wheezie, Quetzal, and their human friends, Max and Emmy in two daily adventures, each separated by a musical interstitial,

My review: I don't watch the show anymore, but I must say, I did ALOT back in my childhood, so that's why it got a higher rating.

6.5 / 10
  • This is one cartoon you might want to change the channel early after 5 minutes.

My 17th review after the worst show of all time, "the Jerry Springer show".

This cartoon is ratherway Stupid. Come on, Dragons that are nice?! That is Complete Bullcrud!!! The Plot is Brainless Stupid. I really dislike this show, but I don't know why I'm only going to give this trash a 5.0. This show is pretty medicore. There's some good, but most of it is Bad. The grade for this weird cartoon I'm gonna give is a C-. Here the Results:

Voice-acting A 8.0/10.0 Good voice-acting, but the spainsh reversed version that aired on Telemundo is Garbage.

Animation: B 7.5/10.0 The first season has Crummy animation and the chracthers didn't have any color! It looked like the color got washed away! but the Later seasons had better animation and more colorful. Perhaps too colorful.

Dialouge: D-- 4.0/10.0 The Dialouge stinks pretty much. The Dialouge's soooo stupid and Brainless.

Educational Value: D- 4.5/10.0 There's no good point at all right next to Barney and friends, This teaches kids how to be annoying, Whiny, rude, Jealous, Stupid and Out of their minds.

Grapihcs: C- 5.5/10.0 The Grapihcs dosen't seemed to match with the Animation. The Newer Seasons dosen't seemed to follow up to the 1990's cartoon animation.

Sound: C-- 5.0/10.0 The soundtrack isn't that bad but the sound effects Suck sooooo much butt!

Lasting Appeal: B-- 7.0/10.0 This show can be a bit fun for some people but some people should aviod this at all costs.

Overall: C- 5.0/10.0 This show is half good but most bad.
    You should change the channel once it's been 5 minutes. Aviod this cartoon at all costs, This cartoon needs fine-tuning badly. Seasme Workshop needs help with this problem.
  • Dragon Tales is a great show!

I have been watching Dragon Tales since it came out in Canada. I stopped for many years when I didn't watch TV at all, but now I watch it again. The show is somewhat addicting; bright and colorful without any of the modern stuff that I hate in cartoons, like bad slang, curse words, unnessecary violence and bad drawing. While I know it's a kid's show and should be without violence, I like it because of its more mature themes - like episodes featuring horrible nightmares, monsters, magic, and general freaks of the imagination. It's a show rich in education (though I can't stand Enrique, the new kid) and fun, and if you don't learn a thing by watching it, you'll have spend half an hour watching one of the better things on TV nowadays.
  • Meh...

1.5
    As an infant, I kinda liked it. Growing up to be a preschooler, not that much as I remembered. Now, Ugh! I can't remember what happens in this show since it's been so long when I last saw this, but all I can say is that this show is about dragons and kids playing together. I'm not even interested in revisiting this show.
< 1 2