Dragons: Defenders of Berk Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

Season 2

MajLorne

[1]Sep 22, 2013
    • level: 21

Well so far so good. Picking up where season 1 left off, the group trains against one of the 'evil' dragon types and are successful in defending the town against alvin's invasion. Alvin and mildew hatching (literally) an even bigger threat with the eggs of the whispering death in the caves. Hiccup was right about the battle being too easy. This show continues to get better. Lesser shows would've just ended after the battle than to include that scene of the eggs being brought into the caves and later hatching.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bluecatcinema

[2]Nov 9, 2013
    • level: 61
    It's been pretty good so far. Some great action, and new dragons like the Screaming Death and the Flightmare (Though I hope they'll be featuring the Skrill, Snaptrapper and Timberjack somewhere along the line).

MajLorne

[3]Jan 19, 2014
    So far the twins have gotten some more stuff to do: tuffnut with the typhonmerang and now ruffnut with the scalding dragon. Looks like they have a few more allies now. Can't wait to see the massive battle planned. They wouldn't bring up all these characters for nothing. Once again kudos to the writers for doing a good job on a kids show that isn't aimed for just kids. Pity shows like Young justice and thundercats weren't given a chance...

MajLorne

[4]Jan 23, 2014
    Either they forgot ruffnut cut off her long hair from the other episode, or they swapped the frozen ep. I was kinda hoping the continuity would be kept, but I guess not.

bluecatcinema

[5]Jan 26, 2014
    It's the classic "reset button" method.

Anyway, I hear Heather will be returning, and getting a dragon of her own.

MajLorne

[6]Feb 14, 2014
    Lol, yeah the reset thing. Such a shame too. Things looked like it was following a set sequence (referring back to past eps). But anyways, aside from that I can't complain about this season. It's been very good and even the 'fillers' have been enjoyable. As for heather, i won't be surprised if it is another dragon similar to what Astrid has. I wouldn't be surprised gustav's dragon comes back as well. I think they are slowly setting up a big showdown with Alvin and Dagger. All we need are the typhoonmerang for tuffnut and that scalderon for ruffnut and maybe alvin on the screeching death and the battle's gonna be epic.

MajLorne

[7]Mar 7, 2014
    Anyone on? Anyway, like i said in my review of the s2 finale, i thought everything wrapped up too conveniently especially with Alvin helping Hiccup and the group. The resolution with the screaming death also seemed too neat. I was still hoping for a return of the other dragons this season for an all out battle. So as nice as it was, I think it could've been better than what was actually shown.

bluecatcinema

[8]Mar 14, 2014

Well, they needed to wrap things up in time for HTTYD2. They're probably intending for anyone who's seen the movie, but not the series, to be able to follow along without any continuity problems. That's the same reason they got rid of Thornado.

Edited on 03/14/2014 9:00am

MajLorne

[9]Mar 14, 2014
    Yeah, but I think they should've had all the dragons they met this season in a big battle and then gone their separate ways. I don't mind thornado being released, i just think it could've returned for one more fight and then returned. Like I said, i'm not against wrapping up the loose ends, but I think it was done too neatly especially Alvin's sudden change to help berk after last year trying to take over it.

As for the movie, i wonder if this means season 3 (now confirmed i guess) takes place after that or what (will they have the characters grown up too)? Well since the new movie is set a few years after the first movie, it isn't like they need to worry about what goes on with the show unless they are going to make this show part of the same continuity as the films.

bluecatcinema

[10]Mar 14, 2014
    Well, I hear season three will be called "Dragon Masters", so it might take place after the sequel after all.

MajLorne

[11]Mar 16, 2014
    Yeah. I guess they don't need to keep the show and movies separate. I mean marvel's shield show pretty much incorporates stuff from the movies to the show. I'm sure they could sneak in stuff from the show to the movie and vice versa. Would be nice to see that scalderon and typhonmerang again.