Drake & Josh Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Do you think they should end I Carly and put back Drake And Josh

Do you think they should end I Carly and put back Drake And Josh

mahesh2001

[1]Apr 5, 2011
    • level: 11

I Liked the Show Drake and Josh.It was death funny.After They replaced this with this new ICarly crap Drake and Josh has never been mentioned of again!!!!! What are your opinions?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

_Flutterlight_

[2]May 10, 2011
    • level: 15
    Well, the thing is, that was more than a few years ago. Drake Bell and Josh Peck have both aged since then. They can't exactly go back to playing high school students. It wouldn't look right.

Also, Drake and Josh reruns are still available on some Nick stations, so it hasn't entirely been erased.

And while I am sad that the show was discontinued, I can see why it was. Josh clearly was going through some issues. He admitted to smoking cannabis, and started taking "edgy" rolls, which to me seemed to be his way of breaking out of comedy. His performance in "Drake and Josh's best Christmas ever" was sub-par. Also, he and Drake were both 21, a little too old for their rolls as juniors in high school anyway.

I'm glad the show ended on a good note rather than fizzling and dieing like some other Nick shows.

tigerdude22

[4]Aug 11, 2011
    • level: 43
    Dan Schneider could have just continued the show with Drake and Josh going to college. "Drake and Josh" is hilarious, clever, and not corny or cheesy like "iCarly". The Drake and Josh Christmas Movie was the only thing that was corny and cheesy but at least it was tolerable and I really liked it. I feel like that corny, cheesy, and not good "iCarly" is more popular than "Drake and Josh". People who pick "iCarly" over "Drake and Josh" don't know what a real comedy is.

mahesh2001

[5]Aug 19, 2011
    • level: 11

tigerdude22 wrote:
    Dan Schneider could have just continued the show with Drake and Josh going to college. "Drake and Josh" is hilarious, clever, and not corny or cheesy like "iCarly". The Drake and Josh Christmas Movie was the only thing that was corny and cheesy but at least it was tolerable and I really liked it. I feel like that corny, cheesy, and not good "iCarly" is more popular than "Drake and Josh". People who pick "iCarly" over "Drake and Josh" don't know what a real comedy is.

That is Exactly What I Think TOO!!!

Egg_Bomb

[6]Jan 3, 2012
    • level: 4

I personally think that iCarly is ok, although I prefer Drake and Josh. If Drake and Josh were still the same age as when the show was canceled, I would be all for ending iCarly and a renewal of Drake and Josh.

marcdragicevic

[7]Jan 15, 2012
    • level: 21
    I love both shows. Drake and Josh was quite funny, but it was time to move on.

marcdragicevic

[8]Jan 15, 2012
    • level: 21
    There is plans to bring Drake and Josh on iCarly at some stage though as guest roles. Dan Schneider has said this. "Question #24: Can you tell us why Drake & Josh ended when it did?

Sure. We'd done the show for a long time. Drake had worked with me at Nickelodeon for seven years. Josh six. (They both started on The Amanda Show with me.) By season 4 of Drake & Josh, the boys were around 19 years old, and the network already had 60 episodes. The boys were both ready to move on, and the network felt that 60 episodes was enough.

I'm happy that Drake & Josh went out at its PEAK of popularity. The final 2-parter "Really Big Shrimp" (which I wrote as sort of a series farewell) got our highest rating ever. So, Drake & Josh was never canceled. We all just agreed the time had come to move on. It was really sad to say goodbye to that show. (P.S. I have the Drake & Josh living room COUCH in my house!)

Question #25: Would you ever ask Drake or Josh to do a guest role on iCarly if there was a character that would fit one of them?

I absolutely DO have plans to bring Drake and Josh on iCarly! I have a pretty cool idea cookin' for them. It's not definite, but if it happens, I'll make sure it ROX."

http://danwarp.blogspot.com/2009/05/30-questions-30-answers-from-dan.html

SunnyRainbowDay

[9]May 15, 2012
    • level: 5

I know I'm four months late but I totally agree. iCarly isn't funny at all. Drake and Josh doesn't try to hard. Miranda Cosgrove was actually GOOD at acting on this.