Drake & Josh Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

End of TeeNick?

zuko412

[1]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 8
    As we all know, the two best shows on TeeNick (Ned's Declassified and Drake and Josh) are being cancelled this summer or so. All the other shows on TeeNick (Just Jordan, Naked Bros Band, Zoey 101, Unfabulous) aren't exactly awesome and if they dont pull it together, the whole thing might just get canned. What do you think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

coaster41395

[2]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 42
    Drake and Josh, Zoey 101, and Ned's Declassified are great TeenNick shows. TeenNick might end next year, but probably not this year.

Kingcool7789

[3]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 39
    Its ending?

VGFreak8

[4]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 53
    I like Drake and Josh, Ned's Declassified, Zoey 101, and Just Jordan, and two of those four are staying. I personally don't care if they cancel it.

TVmania619

[5]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 13
    Fingers crossed that D+J and NDSSG stay 4 good!!

ahsfresh2def

[6]Feb 21, 2007
    Drake and Josh is an awesome show but in reality its been going on long enough. They should go ahead and cancel it after this season before it jumps the shark. I'll really miss it though. Ned's Declassified should go for one more season after this one because I see no signs of it ever getting bad. I love both shows and will definitely hate to see them go. But if they do get canned, full season dvd box sets would make me feel a whole lot better. I still need to go pick up the 1st Season of Zoey 101. I'm going off the topic so I'll just stop here.

KnightGuard

[7]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 5
    What is the difference between TeenNick and Nick? Can they just move the shows to Nick?

chovez

[8]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 18
    Nickelodeon gonna suck after that happen

lone_shark3025

[9]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 16
    If they do cancel D&J I'm gonna stop watching TeenNick. There is still plenty of room for development in the show, and I feel it should go on for at least another couple of seasons. I just don't see what's so great about Ned's Declassified, Zoey 101, or any of the other stuff they have.

Stagg14

[10]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 13
    Where did you hear that Drake and Josh is ending?  I mean, I know they said this was Ned's Declassified's last season, but I haven't heard anything about Drake and Josh ending.  And yeah after these two shows are gone, Teen Nick will suck.  Just Jordan looks so dumb.  That's what should be getting cancelled.

dacableguy

[11]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 21
    a friend of mine, sarahluvsyoux3, has told me something, her cousin directs nickelodeon shows and music videos. he said every teennick show is getting another season, this was a while ago so im not sure about drake and josh but zoey 101 unfabulous and neds is getting another season, she even has pictures of her on the set of unfabulous, i'll post the links in my next post.

dacableguy

[12]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 21
    http://www.tv.com/zoey-101/show/27867/-season-4-confesion!/topic/12914-601608/msgs.html, thats the link, scroll down and take a look at the pics

tvaddict20

[13]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 1
    I've never really liked the TEENick block in general.  I don't like how Nick has crammed the few live action shows that they do have into a 2-3 hour block on Saturdays and Sundays. I can remember when Nick played several live action shows throughout the day.  Anyway, I agree that Ned's Declassified and Drake and Josh are the last good shows left on TEENick. I heard that Unfabulous is getting cancelled as well.  I don't know if that is true.  With all of those shows gone, TEENick will be pathetic. I'm not even sure if they will have enough shows to warrant a block.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if within the next 2 to 3 years, Nick will be all Nicktoons.  The fact is, SpongeBob and The Fairly Odd Parents are Nick's highest rated shows.  Personally, I would like to see the TEENick block on Sunday scrapped and the Saturday night block turned back into Snick with four new shows.  However, I don't see that happening.  My guess is that they will continue to air Ned and Drake and Josh in re-runs on weekdays and Zoey 101 might also be aired on weekdays.  Eventually, the weekend blocks will probably be scrapped and replaced with Nicktoons.       

chovez

[14]Feb 23, 2007
    Drake & Josh should have another season, is really great.

zuko412

[15]Feb 23, 2007
    But the characters are getting too old. Thats pretty much the only debate. Drake is quitting the acting biz and Josh wnts to do other projects. Josh could use his unique facial expressions for even funnier purposes.

chovez

[16]Feb 23, 2007
    Well, alright. I only hope this season to have some more episodes until the summer.

MillionaireMan6

[17]Feb 24, 2007

But without live-action shows on Nick, what would happen to the Kids' Choice Awards that they do every beginning of April (it'll be on the last day of March this year)? It would probably have to be animated. ;|)

(BTW, I distinctly remember that at one of the KCA's, someone popped a big orange balloon that said "Nickelodeon" on it. Does anyone remember whether that was in 2005 or 2006? I'm just curious.)

Edited on 02/26/2007 5:06pm
    Edited 3 total times.

J-o-h-n-n-y

[18]Feb 24, 2007
    Lol, popping a balloon with their name on it. Not a good way to start, is it?
    Edited on 02/24/2007 9:27am

QueenOfBs

[19]Feb 25, 2007
    • level: 3
    they don have enough shows.....thats y they r briingiing nick @ niite!

DCSHOESAL22

[20]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 5
    It's done if you saw D & J go hollywood and at the end the agent for mtv told him that in New York he could go to his freidns studio and geta record contract well i no they didn't metion any of that on this season but there having a series fianle movie Drake and josh go to new york from what i hear it will be nothin glike D and J go hollywood it is supposed to resemble the episode josh is done because the summary for the movie is A wealthy and naive guy gets a crash course in life from a slacker.  i dunno if they mean josh is the wealthy guy and drake is the slaker i dunno the fim is in productiona nd will probably air in the summer cause all the episodes of Drake and josh that didn't air will take maybe 2 months to air them all  then that will be june so yeah