Drake & Josh

Merry Christmas Drake and Josh

Aired Sunday 7:00 PM Dec 05, 2008 on Nickelodeon

• Merry Christmas Drake and Josh

A few years ago when I found out that Nickelodeon was making a Drake and Josh Christmas Movie, I was very excited to see it. Drake and Josh ended in 2007 and Nickelodeon decides to bring them back one more time to make a Christmas movie in 2008. Drake and Josh will always be my favorite Nickelodeon sitcom and after this Christmas movie ended, I said to myself "Bring back Drake and Josh". The whole movie was excellent and also got heartwarming towards the end of the movie, I remember crying through some of the parts the first time I saw this movie. I kinda still do whenever I watch this movie every year. It's great that Nickelodeon didn't forget one character in this movie. Anyways, let me get the review, Josh is still the hilarious and goofy self which I liked. Kimbo Slice was also very funny in this movie. The scene with Drake and Josh being naked in public was hilarious. Crazy Steve's part in this movie really made me laugh hard except he did add a few adult humor along the way. Still don't like Helen though because she is still mean to Josh. It was nice of Drake and Josh to give Officer Gilbert a monkey for Christmas which made him from a Christmas hater to a Christmas lover. Bailee Madison who is a cute little girl did a well done job with this movie. Everything in this movie was pretty much hilarious and heartwarming. Overall, good to see Drake and Josh one last time and Merry Christmas Drake and Josh. 10/10
  • Excellent Drake & Josh Christmas special!

I watched this movie ast night when it premiered. I really liked it! I thought it was a fine example of a Christmas special gone aray. I think Drake & Josh did an excellent job creating this movie. They did most of the work. Although to me there was a problem. The only problem was Megan. She in my mind was just acting so cold and heartless. Megan looked like she did not care what would happen to Drake & Josh, or Perry, the annoying police officer. The funniest part in the movie to me is the one where Drake "a.k.a. Santa" was kissing a girl, but when a overweight girl comes in to kiss Santa, Drake runs away all over the place. The mission was successful in bringing Mary Alice the best Christmas ever :). I liked it when Bludge came down the chimney and gave everyone presents. Good guy. Overall, excellent Drake & Josh movie, bring Mary Alice the best Christmas ever, or else go to jail, Megan was cold and heartless, funny dialogue, and unforgetable movie :).
  • One of the best Christmas specials ever.

What got me liking this movie was a YouTube clip, when Drake, Josh & the kids performed my favorite Christmas carol, the 12 Days of Christmas.

However, it was mean for that parole officer to fine them everywhere they went. Surprised Helen wasn't with them after Josh sang, so they could tack a $200 fine against his singing.

I enjoyed the gags, especially two of them...

1). The little boy asking Crazy Stave about Santa & then gets yelled at later. Raymond Ochoa played him & last year, he did a Betty Crocker holiday commercial where he catches his dad eating Santa's cookies.

2). Crazy Steve driving a DeLorean, complete with spinning license plate (CRAZY1), pays homage to Back To The Future.

With all the abuse Josh had, I'm surprised they didn't have this ending.

One of the kids tells the officer says yes, he had a great Christmas with Drake, not Josh. The officers take him back to jail, Megan pays the kid off. Then Megan hops in Crazy Steve's DeLorean and travel down I-5 North, to Seattle, Washington where they get new identities as brother sister. Wait! That's another show.

"Merry Christmas Drake and Josh" the series finale for the show turned out to be a colossal failure. Outside of an incredibly random and unnecessary appearance by poor MMA fighter Kimbo Slice there was very little to chuckle out during this show. I liked the one kid's rant about how little sense it made for Santa Claus to go down the chimney, but there were just too many bad jokes to even wrap my head around. The show was never that great, but it worked in the multi-camera format... it did not work in a single-camera format less a laugh track.
  • I like Drake and Josh, but I was not pleased one bit when I saw this special.

4.5
    Ok, so let's just get straight to the point, josh is put in jail AGAIN for something he didn't do. Why is he always treated like crap!! And still no hahas came out of my mouth when I saw the fake lawyer. And I don't care if it's a christmas promise even if it is you shouldn't be put in jail even if it's broken. That's just one of the main things that has to be changed in Drake & Josh Josh always getting arrested im sick of it I hated Theater Thug and I also hated this special. I mean if you hate people you don't have to pay someone 50 bucks to steal their clothes I hated that part. So to sum up this review, I hated this special and Drake & Josh could get MUCH better stuff than this.
  • And I Had Been A Fan

I liked this show {I still do, but it's rarely on where I live}, but this special was really bad. Pacing was really wrong, and a lot of the jokes were either more adult-oriented or plain gross.

The plot of this sounded good when I first heard about it. I always look forward to a Christmas special of a show, because they can usually be really good. However, for this special, this simply was not the case. I don't remember anything that stood out to me as really funny or anything. So basically, it feels like I wasted two hours of my life watching it. Really bad, but not quite "fail-worthy", perhaps a D
  • Worst episode yet

After seeing all the good reviews I had to put my two cents in. My kids and I thought this was the worst episode ever. It really was painful to watch. The story lines are supposed to be dumb but not this dumb. They better not have another stinker like that or they'll be canceled. I think they could of put a little effort in to it. The acting was terrible too but the writing and direction was even worse. And they promoted the dumb thing for weeks. I think the boys need to grow up a bit and make the show more realistic.
  • As soon as I saw one of the previews, I knew this wasn't going to be all that good. Warning: Spoilers for "Really Big Shrimp" included. Don't read this review if you haven't seen it already.

Now don't get me wrong. I actually think Drake and Josh is an awesome TV show. In fact, when I first heard about this episode thanks to Wikipedia, I thought it was going to be pretty good. I mean, I've laughed at almost all of the previous episodes. But this one...well...

I didn't think this one was too funny. Actually, the only joke from it that I really laugh at is the part where Crazy Steve sings, "My head is full of pretty lumps." But aside from that, I don't find most of the other jokes to be anything special.

There are also some continuity errors and other things that are just plain wrong with this TV movie. It both does and doesn't (I'll explain how) take place after Really Big Shrimp, the series finale. These problems include but are not limited to:

1. The Premiere has a new building (since the old one burned down in the ending of Really Big Shrimp), but Hellen is still mean to Josh, even though she started being nice to him in the end of "Really Big Shrimp."

2. It has that iCarly feeling (well, from the early episodes) almost all the way through. The jokes are basically in that style. They aren't "Drake and Josh style." That was a big disappointment I had.

3. The whole "Spank your grammy's butt 'till it's glowing red like an apple" joke seemed out of character, even for Helen.

I'm not trying to offend anybody who happens to like this TV movie. I'm just expressing my opinion, and I personally think it's pretty mediocre.

Final episode grade: C-
  • A nice Christmas surprise, with some laughs and funny moments, but could have been better. The storyline and plot lack substances, but great performances (especially from Bailee Madison) made that up.

Overall, I was a little disappointed about the show. I was expecting more. The story line lacks substance and some characterizations are awful. Like why did Megan cut the Christmas inflatable and why in the world is she wondering around in an outfit straight from the Road Warrior carrying a butterfly knife? Also Drake and Josh's parents going on a vacation and leaving their kids home for the holidays? - That's a bit unbelievable. Though the people in this film have great potential, the script is lacking any major substance. Lines seem ridiculous, and there are only a few funny scenes in this "comedy."
    But it's good to see Drake, Josh, and the gang reunite again after all this time. Performances from Bailee Madison (who played Mary Alice) and Henry Winkler (who played Judge Newman) were great! They showed a lot of emotions and were very believable. Overall, it's a good Christmas episode, but could have been a lot better.
  • This just wasn't up to par with their previous work.

I'm sorry to say this movie wasn't that great. I expect more from such a great TV series. Drake and Josh Best Christmas Ever wasn't very well written, and even the technical side was off.

The constant changing camera angles at the begining were annoying, not to mention distracting, and the constant close-ups (none of which were in scenes which required close-ups), made me feel like my personal space was being invaded.

Then there was the writing... Josh getting arrested for no reason? That wasn't funny. And watching him get so badly hurt before the police got him was overkill. Cut the poor guy some slack!
  • a classic holiday movie, and a great series ender

this was one of the best christmas tv movies ever. it all starts with drake and josh at the mall where drake is the mall santa and josh is his sack. drake promises a little foster girl that her family will have the best christmas ever. unfortunetly thats also the only way they can avoid prison. while they try to give the girl a good christmas. the boys evil parol officer is trying to sabotage it, until drake and josh get him the nice monkey he always wanted. but the best scene in the movie was definetly when bludge came down the chimney dressed as santa and crazy steve was making it snow by putting cheese in a wood chipper. ultimately this was awesomest D+J movie yet.