Drake & Josh

My Dinner With Bobo

Aired Sunday 7:00 PM Jan 14, 2007 on Nickelodeon

• Phantom of the... Doctor?

Did anyone else notice that the doctor who bought Bobo was in the performance of the Phantom of the Opera? My sister and I watched the performance, then this episode. We were freaking out! Haha.
  • Ehh..I wasn't a huge fan of this one.

In this episode, after getting tired of fighting over Walter's car, Drake and Josh decide to buy their own. Drake spends the money for the car on Bobo, a monkey, though, and from there craziness ensues. I don't know why, but this episode just seemed a little too far-fetched to me. First of all, why would Drake rather buy a monkey instead of just buying the car? I know that was needed for the plot, but still...it just didn't make a lot of sense to me. Secondly, they included a guy who EATS monkeys in the story? That aspect of the episode just seemed way too far-fetched, but that's just my opinion. I also didn't like the ending when Megan ended up getting her own way. I do admit, though, Bobo the monkey was very cute, and there were some funny moments, like the scene at the car place near the beginning and Walter's part. Overall, though, unfortunately, this isn't one of the better episodes I've seen. Grade: C. Marebear2009, out!

~dedicated to tigerdude22~
  • a monkey

I hate to admit it, but this episode was not that bad. I often criticize the show but Drake and Josh got me a few times in what was not a terrible installment, despite the ludicrous notion of the titular character buying an orangutan.

The used car dealer was funny in his brief cameo and I wish we saw the scene where Drake bought the monkey from him.

The idea of a man eating the monkey seemed a little graphic for Nickelodeon and I was actually shocked to see that nearly happen. We knew it wasn't going to, but even to tease us with it could've traumatized some kids.
  • Not my all-time favorite episode but it was superb

I thought that this was a superb episode of "Drake and Josh". It's not like my all-time favorite episode but it was very enjoyable. The only thing I didn't like about this episode was how Drake lied to the Josh and just took the car and the ending of the episode when Drake and Josh bought the car that Megan wanted. So pretty much, the only thing I disliked was the beginning and the end of this episode. It was very funny how Drake decided to buy Bobo the monkey instead of a car for both Drake and Josh to use. I also thought that Bobo the monkey was very cute. Bobo the monkey swinging on Drake and Josh's room definitely made me laugh hard. Drake charging people at the Movie Premiere to either dance, kiss, or get a picture of Bobo to raise the money was very funny. Walter's part in this episode was hilarious as well. Drake and Josh sold Bobo to that doctor who happens to "consume primates" meaning that he eats monkeys was very interesting. The doctor was very funny because he was little weird in my opinion. The doctor tricking Drake and Josh into going inside his closet and then locking it was funny. The doctor running away from the police was pretty funny as well. The doctor's line "Oh crud" after the cop caught him with Bob just had to make me laugh. Overall, not my all-time favorite episode but it was overall superb in my opinion. 9/10

• great

Drake and Josh want to buy a new car, but Drake instead goes out and buys a monkey. They try to make money, letting people see the monkey, and play with it, but they sell the monkey to a man with a secret- he eats monkeys. Will Drake and Josh be able to save their monkey?

Good episode. The evil doctor was kind of… weird but overall it was a pretty nice episode, I thought. Not terrible not fantastic. So because of all of this I think my final grade for this episode will fall in the "B" range.
  • drake and josh have car issues and need to get a car of their own so it will be easier to resolve their situation..walter matches their 1200 but drake goes out and does something so drake-like..so now they get into a situation with a orangutang

this ep was so funny..and to start things off i have to say bobo was just too adorable..i wouldnt kiss him b/c of the whole spit in the mouth thing but i totally would give him a hug and make noises and baby talk him lol..i love him..just so adorable..the whole ep was great..the trick drake did at the beginning of the ep was to die for..and then when he bought bobo..love it...then when they were facing the crazy guy...that was too hilarious..how could they be so easily tricked..o wait theyre drake and josh thats how lol..but it was all so wonderful and so hilarious..i think ive seen that ep like a total of 30 times so far just this yr
  • Drake and Josh want to buy a car but instead buy an ape, come on!

Okay, how can this have a 9.1 rating?! This had to be one of the worst episodes of Drake and Josh ever! And for these reasons:

Okay, the episode started with Drake and Josh wanting to buy a car. Pretty good, right? But they have trouble picking one out since Josh wants a safe car and Drake wants a cool car, and neither has both of those features. Then they meet Bobo, the car place's Orangutan mascot of sorts. Drake likes him.

Then they go home, and while Josh isn't looking, Drake takes the money and buys Bobo.

Is this going off topic?

Yeah, but you haven't seen anything yet.

Drake and Josh then use Bobo to get money. You know, like selling people photos of him, letting you kiss Bobo or even dance with him. Some wealthy Englishman buys him, but Megan learns that he is going to eat Bobo. Drake and Josh must save him and blah, blah, blah, the episode's over!

Wasn't this going too off topic? They start with wanting to buy a car then they have to save an ape? That's pointless! And who would buy an Orangutan instead of a car anyways?
  • This episode is very hilarious.

Drake and Josh need buy a new car. Drake and Josh look for new car. Josh like this car. Then Drake didn't like this car. Drake was sneak out and stole the moneys. Josh was worried where the moneys? Josh into his bedroom then he saw Drake and Bobo! Bobo was very funny. EW one man wants eat Bobo! Finally, police caught man. I was laugh sooooooo hard that Drake and Josh buy the girl car! It's because Megan made a deal with Drake and Josh.
  • BORING!

6.9
    Drake buys a monkey instead of a car? Tell me why. Even London Tipton on the Suite Life of Zack & Cody wouldn't do that. When I clicked on this show, it had like a 9.2 rating or something like that, and unlike some others, I can't believe this, the plot was meaningless, and there was nothing funny about it. A man who eats monkeys? Come on! We want excitement! The plots of Drake and Josh are getting sillier and sillier (not in a good way) this season. Other people might of thought it was okay, but not this people, or person, change the channel!
  • ROFL

Well, when I first saw the beginning of the episode, I was expecting it to be just about Drake and Josh buying a car and doing something with it. Instead, I got this extremely random episode where Drake buys a monkey instead of a car! Still, despite Drake losing his mind, they manage to earn a lot of money at the movie theatre with Bobo the monkey doing tricks. They then sell the monkey to a man who they don't know is actually a monkey-eater! So Drake and Josh have to go rescue Bobo, but end up locked in the man's closet. Megan has to come and rescue them. The monkey-eater is arrested and Drake and Josh are forced to buy Megan a crappy banana-yellow car.
  • drake buys a monkey

This episode is pretty good and funny but also the plot is scattered around. First drake and josh argue over who gets their dad's car, then they decide to get a car, then they realize they don't have enough money, then they get a monkey in place of the car, then they try to save the monkey when the guy they sell it to is a monkey eater (very creepy). It almost made my head spin. If you are able to keep up with everything, this will prove to be a very enjoyable episode that one could watch over and over again!
  • When Drake and Josh decide to buy a car, they cant decide what car to buy, and Drake takes their money and buys a monkey thinking it will make them money. When they accidentaly sell bobo to a monkey eater, they must save him before he becomes dinner

I liked this episode. It was really funny. Thir dad was almost the funniest part in my opinion though. He reads fancy cat magazine, and he is just so funny the whole time. I like that they came up with something different for their dad, but their mom wasnt in the episode at all. I think she should have been in it. They made up for it though with the monkey. It sort distracted you from the fact that she wasnt there. The monkey was a good way to show the boy's softer side, so I give it a thumbs up!
  • This episode is hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing.

This is one of the funniest episodes of Drake and Josh. The two are tired of sharing a car so they get the money to buy a new car. Drake and Josh can't agree on which car to get, and while Josh is in the shower Drake takes the money and instead of buying a car, he buys an orangutan!!! They try to make money off of the orangutan by selling kisses, dances, and pictures at the movie theater. They sell the orangutan to a guy who eats monkeys and must go back and retrieve it. This episode is definately worth your time