Drawn Together

Charlotte's Web of Lies

Aired Thursday 10:30 PM Oct 11, 2007 on Comedy Central

• There's a thin line between Really being controversial, and trying too hard to be controversial! :!:

It seems all good shows that thrive on controversy, no matter how good they're written or how good the animation is, inevitably lose the edge they used to have when it comes to being controversial. It happened with "The Simpsons, American Dad," and "South Park." I really hoped it wouldn't happen with this show as since it Is built upon parodying everything that Is a cartoon, it would never run into that problem! Unfortunately, like "Ren and Stimpy" before it, "Drawn Together" seems to be running into the problem of being unable to tell when it's Actually controversial, and when its trying too hard to be controversial! I mean, nothing the characters did in this episode seemed like Too much of a stretch! Basically, the characters actions/reactions are the ones we have seen before, and they ended in a usually predictable manner. In fact, the most controversial thing I saw was Captain Hero throwing up! Hopefully, this trend won't continue! I mean, this was still a good episode for the most part! It just could've been better still! :idea: Enough said, true believers! ;)
  • This episode was OK, at least.

First, the episode had three storylines and a few of the other characters were shown briefing. Ling Ling's storyline was the best of all and Spanky's storyline was decent. Hero's storylines were extremely horrible in the past, but now, it's starting to be decent and it wasn't terrible. Well, at least this episode had showed too many graphic violent scenes and the other scenes didn't suprised me like the commercial had said this: more bloodier, wetter, fatter, hotter, etc. All of those scenes didn't suprised me and the main storylines had ruined it, especially one scene that one character had ruined it.