Drawn Together Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2007)

Direct to DVD movie!

degrassiZIMfan

[21]Apr 8, 2008
    • level: 35

I emailed Matt to see if there were any updates on the DVD movie and this is the reply that I got!

Matt Silverstein wrote:
    Thanks for your email. We are still waiting to get the budget approved by Comedy Central. They claim to really want to do this, so we'll see. The network always complains about the expensive animation, but we think it's important to keep the look and feel of the tv show. We should know more in the next couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again!
    Matt

Edited on 04/08/2008 4:03pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Richiebcfc25

[22]Apr 8, 2008
    • level: 47
    degrassiZIMfan wrote:

I emailed Matt to see if there were any updates on the DVD movie and this is the reply that I got!

Matt Silverstein wrote:
    Thanks for your email. We are still waiting to get the budget approved by Comedy Central. They claim to really want to do this, so we'll see. The network always complains about the expensive animation, but we think it's important to keep the look and feel of the tv show. We should know more in the next couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again!
    Matt

comedy central penny pinching over the project oh why am i not surprised but i pray to god that the movie gets the go ahead

jimewbi

[23]Apr 9, 2008
    • level: 9

A shame about the series and I know that a direct to DVD movie would change it's position unfortunitly, .

But Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! DT Movie!!!!!

clos_vf

[24]Apr 10, 2008
    • level: 12
    hopefully a lot of people will pick up the direct to DVD movie and sales do good so then CC will realize there losing money on a good show and maybe hopefully they get the idea that another season would be awesome.

Unless they decide to kill everyone on the movie and basically it will be the end END of Drawn Together.

Richiebcfc25

[25]Apr 10, 2008
    clos_vf wrote:
    hopefully a lot of people will pick up the direct to DVD movie and sales do good so then CC will realize there losing money on a good show and maybe hopefully they get the idea that another season would be awesome. Unless they decide to kill everyone on the movie and basically it will be the end END of Drawn Together.
    they would NEVER dare try and kill any characters on drawn together

Shaunbadia

[26]Apr 10, 2008
    • level: 4
    Just keep this in mind when talking about the death of characters in Drawn Together.

Captain Hero: "Not that anybody ever REALLY dies. Observe... (Cuts head off, drops to the floor, respawns and enters the confessional).....Now you try."

Richiebcfc25

[27]Apr 10, 2008
    Shaunbadia wrote:
    Just keep this in mind when talking about the death of characters in Drawn Together. Captain Hero: "Not that anybody ever REALLY dies. Observe... (Cuts head off, drops to the floor, respawns and enters the confessional).....Now you try."
    Exactly! the only way you can kill a cartoon character is with judge dooms "Dip"

Count_Orlok

[28]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 10
    I have a feeling that this whole thread is a load of BS. Show me some proof thats not from some guy with possibly imaginary connections.

jimewbi

[29]Apr 11, 2008

Count_Orlok wrote:
    I have a feeling that this whole thread is a load of BS. Show me some proof thats not from some guy with possibly imaginary connections.

Well wiki seems to confirm... so it must be true, lol

Can't hert to believe an see what happens

evildevil97

[30]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 26
    Ask Matt yourself: Drawntogethercommentary@drawntogether.net. (I think there's a newer email as well, but I cant remember it)

degrassiZIMfan

[31]Apr 20, 2008
    I got another email from Matt about the movie. It's not exactly good though.

Matt Silverstein wrote:
    still no movement on the movie. we couldn't wait around for them to approve the budget so we have moved on to other projects. i still have hope it will come back, but for now we needed to find work elsewhere. sad.

wish i had better news.

oh well.

thanks for keeping hope alive.

Matt

I replied in another email and I'm waiting for a reply still, when he replies, I'll post it here.

Shaunbadia

[32]Apr 20, 2008
    WHAT!? This can't be!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

DAMN YOU COMEDY CENTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

Richiebcfc25

[33]Apr 21, 2008
    god damn you comedy central

SROTGALX

[34]Apr 21, 2008
    • level: 1

I knew they would pull this, This is just a crazy idea but a while back I put a post of CC's phone and fax #, since CC doesn't accept mail, what if we each fax them a letter? Comedy Central Headquarters Location 1175 Broadway, 10th Fl. New York, NY 10019 (Map) Phone: 212-767-8600 Fax: 212-767-8592

Also I know I said this about season 2 but maybe if season 3 sells good that might make them change their minds.

Shaunbadia

[35]Apr 22, 2008
    SPORTGALX, I agree with you.

Let's all remember what Jess Harnell (Voice of Captain hero) has said multiple times:

Jess: "Despite what you may have heard Matt and Dave say, I've seen shows brought back from the dead plainly because people bug the hell out of the networks, so it's worth your time if you e-mail Comedy Central or something and say, Hey what the hell happened to Drawn Together, it was my favourite show, why don't you guys just renew it?"

degrassiZIMfan

[36]Apr 22, 2008
    SROTGALX wrote:

I knew they would pull this, This is just a crazy idea but a while back I put a post of CC's phone and fax #, since CC doesn't accept mail, what if we each fax them a letter? Comedy Central Headquarters Location 1175 Broadway, 10th Fl. New York, NY 10019 (Map) Phone: 212-767-8600 Fax: 212-767-8592

Also I know I said this about season 2 but maybe if season 3 sells good that might make them change their minds.

It wasn't pulled. They just havn't gotten back to them to approve the budget and say they can do it. I got another email from Matt and he said that when they call them and approve it, they're ready to start working on it. I think he was saying that FOR NOW they need to do something rather than waiting and doing nothing. Here's what he said.

Matt Silverstein wrote:

Dave and I are ready to go. We'd love to do it. But they do need to call us back. Sad times.

Shaunbadia

[37]Apr 22, 2008
    Oh, thank God! At least it's not as bad as I thought.

SROTGALX

[38]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 1
    degrassiZIMfan wrote:
    SROTGALX wrote:

It wasn't pulled. They just havn't gotten back to them to approve the budget and say they can do it. I got another email from Matt and he said that when they call them and approve it, they're ready to start working on it. I think he was saying that FOR NOW they need to do something rather than waiting and doing nothing. Here's what he said.

Matt Silverstein wrote:

Dave and I are ready to go. We'd love to do it. But they do need to call us back. Sad times.

Something tells me that CC will never repy back.

Richiebcfc25

[39]Apr 24, 2008
    SROTGALX wrote:
    degrassiZIMfan wrote:
    SROTGALX wrote:

Matt Silverstein wrote:

Something tells me that CC will never repy back.

wait till season 3 comes out on DVD then CC might hurry up and do something about the budget

jimewbi

[40]Apr 24, 2008
    Thats a very big might... As far as Drawn Together is concerned, Comedy Central is known for screwing the show about, .