Drawn Together Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2007)

EW review (and "Xandir and Tim..." episode)

XanderKage

[1]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 4
    So what did you think about the whole EW 'F' review and the housemates retaliation? I have my own thoughts, I just want to hear you out first.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Shaunbadia

[2]Aug 11, 2008

I think EW's review was a bit harsh on DT....but as Spanky said in that episode "We're not failures...EW's the failure. All over the world people, laugh at us. People laugh at farts. People laugh at violence. People laugh at....!

Toot: FAT JOKES!

Clara: AND STEREOTYPES!

Ling-Ling: And stereotypes!

Xandir: And stereotypes!

Foxxy: And stereotyzers! T

he whole thing with the housemates killing the EW staff was unexpected but funny as hell!

Plus another point Spanky made is that the reviewer wasn't in Drawn Together's target audience.

Reviewer: I have every roght to tell people what I think of your show!

Spanky: YEEES! BUT PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW YOUR NOT ARE AUDIENCE, @$$HOLE!

So anyway, what are your thoughts about the review and the retaliation, XanderKage?

XanderKage

[3]Aug 14, 2008

Well, I also thought the review was harsh, and the retaliation was hilarious. But not many people know that after this episode EW wrote a new review for DT... Here it is:

"Drawn Together (Comedy Central, TV-MA) When Tonight's Best TV overlord Alynda Wheat reviewed this bawdy cartoon series in 2004, she gave it an F. For fun! (Or... funless? I can't recall.) Apparently, this grade wedgie snagged the attention of the Drawn scribes; this week, the gang wreaks bloody revenge on EW after reading the aforementioned critique. (What's most shocking is not the grisly body count but that the show's animators think we actually wear suits to work.) Based on Spanky Ham's uncorking of a (precisely) 60-second fart, we could award this episode an A. But we don't want that first F getting lonely, so here's another one. F."

And while I might understand why EW gave the first F, this review is pure damage control. Nothing but a lame attempt of getting back at the opponent. Unlike DT's attempt, which was awesome. So if I still had any respect for EW after it gave the first F to this awesome show, all the respect is gone... So EW iz lam3!!

Shaunbadia

[4]Aug 14, 2008
    XanderKage wrote:

Well, I also thought the review was harsh, and the retaliation was hilarious. But not many people know that after this episode EW wrote a new review for DT... Here it is:

"Drawn Together (Comedy Central, TV-MA) When Tonight's Best TV overlord Alynda Wheat reviewed this bawdy cartoon series in 2004, she gave it an F. For fun! (Or... funless? I can't recall.) Apparently, this grade wedgie snagged the attention of the Drawn scribes; this week, the gang wreaks bloody revenge on EW after reading the aforementioned critique. (What's most shocking is not the grisly body count but that the show's animators think we actually wear suits to work.) Based on Spanky Ham's uncorking of a (precisely) 60-second fart, we could award this episode an A. But we don't want that first F getting lonely, so here's another one. F."

Yeah, I read that review on a Drawn Together fansite and I gotta say EW are a bunch of prudes. They tore South Park and Family guy to shreds once upon a time too. And look at how succsesful those shows became. Sure, Drawn Together never quite got the same recognition as those shows but hey, "Number 1 show among college campuses across America" that's an impressive achievement.

Matt and Dave should be damn proud of the show. 3 years of boundary breaking humor that won't soon be forgoten.