Drawn Together Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2007)

When Drawn Together goes to far.

CellBlocknutter

[1]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 14

I love the show, want another series and think its the better than South PArk Simpsons and the New Family Guy seasons, however DT can go too far sometimes I think.
    Has thier ever been a joke (or series of jokes) or storyline in which you think they were more offensive than sattirical? When it seemed as if they were just attacking someone more than trying to be funny.

The last episode went to far for me. I was a good episode, minus the offensive Hindu jokes. The "terrible tasting food" comment and the all-round degrading comments/jokes on Indian/Hindu culture, were over the top. If I'm honest it felt as if they just wanted to insult this group of people rather then poke fun at thier culture. I'm a seriously anti-PC person, my favorite comedian is ROy Chubby Brown, but this storyline was too offensive for me to stomach. I'm not calling the writiers prejudice, just a bit too tasteless from time to time.

Edited on 04/24/2008 8:17am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jimewbi

[2]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 9
    I'd say that the writers are dareing, unfortunitly that does have it's draw backs too! I don't see them as being "a bit too tasteless" just a bit too dareing for most peoples tastes. After all, the jokes about hindu culture was only there because of the story line/ where toot was. After all the only other thing in Drawn Together relating to hindu's that was in the series was the hindu pizza man

Duofan

[3]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 5

Go too far?

There is a couple of celebrities jokes that they seem to have went too far.

I think the pedophilia jokes are the worse haha...

Shaunbadia

[4]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 4
    Drawn Together has never went to far for me. I'm not one who gets easily offended.

Although I'm not looking forward to seeing Scroto's dirty balls uncensored on the season 3 DVD, just like I wasn't looking forward to seeing Xandir's uncensored wang on the season 2 DVD.

dust2

[5]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 11
    Instead of whining, don't watch the show. Of course it's canceled now, but still quit whining.

Nightsultan

[6]May 2, 2008
    • level: 3
    dust2 wrote:
    Instead of whining, don't watch the show. Of course it's canceled now, but still quit whining.

The topic's title is not "whining". It's simply an argument that you may want to join or not. So, your "stop watching" sentence is way out of topic; if nothing offends you in the show, you can just state so and that's all.

Just a piece of my mind, for the converstation's sake.

Tophat-Charden

[7]Jul 30, 2008
    Think the only thing that was "too far" or "too much" for me was the random occassional wang shots shown .. I ended up laughing but def not something you're used to when watching cartoons. XD

Shaunbadia

[8]Nov 13, 2008
    Tophat-Charden wrote:
    Think the only thing that was "too far" or "too much" for me was the random occassional wang shots shown .. I ended up laughing but def not something you're used to when watching cartoons. XD

I have no problem with the wang shots as long as it's not gross. I got plenty of laughs from Spanky's wang shots in season 1 and Hero's "Freedom of speech" wang shot in season 3.