Dream On

HBO (ended 1996)

Dream On Fan Reviews (4)

• From dealing with his headstrong assistant to finding love in the wrong places, Martin Tupper struggles to keep order in his life and still be a positive role model for his growing teenage son.

Martin Tupper (Brian Benben) is a recently divorced New York book editor whose life is full of wild situations and offbeat characters. From dealing with his headstrong assistant to finding love in the wrong places, Martin struggles to keep order in his life and still be a positive role model for his growing teenage son. "Dream On" premiered on HBO in 1990 and became one of the first original shows that changed cable television to a whole new generation of innovative programming. The landmark adult comedy could be best described as a male version of "Sex in the City". The episodes feature some well written storylines, strong sexual references and short clips of classic films that are clever metaphors of Martin's reactions. Brian Benben delivers a good comedic performance and the supporting cast is wonderful.
  • I Loved This Show!

Although some people haven't heard of this show, it was one of my personal favorites. I only got to see about one season of it when it was on the air, but I got hooked on it immediately. I recently bought the first two seasons on DVD, and I can't wait until the whole series is available. Definitely worth watching if you've never seen it...........
  • Fantastic, an adult/dark comedy, that is absolutely faboulos and unique.

This is a show about the life of Martin Tupper, a book editor and it's about his millions of dates and everything you can possibly imagine, from being considered guilty for the suicied of a national icon, called Uncle Bouncie, by showing a tape on TV of him getting a blowjob, to his constant conflict with his ex wife's husband, which can do more stuff than Superman but never even shows his face on the show. Dream On is about life and about all those little problems that make life so wonderful. Dream On also has a very particular thing which is that all of Martin's thoughts and ideas are represented whith small old movies clips. This may all sound very confusing to the ppl that never watched it, but believe me it's not and I completly recommend it.
  • Dream On in my opinion is, was and will always be one of the most original shows on T.V. I have the box set and waiting for the release of the next set only to enjoy this very unique television experience.

The time it took for the editors to find the footage of what Martin Tupper was thinking in every episode.
    The countless stars that kept popping up in his head and the thoughts he was thinking coinsiding with the movie clips is nothing less than brilliant.
    Thank you HBO for giving the American people a show that you can Dream On.