TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Drive Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

Canceled!

lemon_accw

[41]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 40

Online episodes only work for the US. Rawr.   Cancelled already? wtf...i should never try new shows again until they have more than a season worth of episodes...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

APPHC

[42]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 10

I've expressed how I feel enough on the show and the cancelation but here's a question:  does anyone know how expensive the show actually is to make?  I mean its a large cast, but none of the actors in it are what I would think of as big paycheck actors, thats no dig to them, but all the money can't be going for them.  The show is shot on green screen, so the cars aren't actually burning up gas and the like and it doesn't seem like THAT many outside locations for them.  I would think once you have the vehicles and the rigs set up for the greenscreen once those are in place its not like adding the same amount for every show right?  It's already set up.  I don't watch Prison Break, but from what I've seen of 24 surely its not near as expensive to make? 

BTW, Family Guy is back on the air because of the dvd sales for the first two seasons, period.   

tjaman

[43]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 32
    The featurette they showed on the Fox Movie Channel showed how one scene was shot, with the cameras zipping around with the cars on location, and then coming up on one vehicle, dissolving through the windshield and the shot continuing from there.

Even when they only did three or four shots like that in any given episode (and they had a ton because they were showing off, trying to get viewers) I mean, yeah, a lot of it can be done against greenscreen, but not all of it.

Jeez, the insurance and permits alone for a single episode must've been just eyepopping for a show no one was watching.

It's just incredible to me that with all the cars flying around that they couldn't get lots of money from car companies. Seems like it would've been a good show for deliberate but low-plot-intrusive product placement -- all those cellphone and vehicle shots.

Oh well ...

JohnnyS2

[44]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 8
    They only had 2 episodes left and FOX couldn't just burn 'em this Monday and next? Unbelievable.

tjaman

[45]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 32
    Well, see, it was frightfully important that Dr. House come in and snark at people while diagnosing two medically unheard-of cases ... again.

APPHC

[46]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 10

tjaman wrote:
    Well, see, it was frightfully important that Dr. House come in and snark at people while diagnosing two medically unheard-of cases ... again.
    LMAO And yeah I see what you mean. I totally agree about the product placement though, you'd think companies would jump at the chance to showcase their cars doing things they are legally required to discourage.

Message below was deleted due to unintentional double post.   

Edited on 04/25/2007 10:13pm

SWERJ321

[48]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 19

Dammit, it figures. Yet another great serial show with so much potential crushed too fast. Right there with Kidnapping, Threshold, Day Break and Six Degrees in faves cut too short.

It's been said before but it must be repeated: You could build an entire network on all the great shows Fox has canceled far too early. Tru Calling, Firefly, Reunion, Action, Undeclared and that's the short list. Sadly, add this to it. Too bad.

I_hate_shadows

[49]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 9
    I want drive back!

Trekscaper

[50]Apr 26, 2007

Damn you Fox, I was just liking the show. (and I am from the Netherlands) Well, I must admit, I watched it because of Nathan Fillion being a Firefly fan. But from what I understand, the premiere was put on the wrong night with no lead in. Few people knew even that it was on the air.

Poor Nathan Fillion, he won't do another show for FOX anymore I quess. Firefly and Drive where he starred got cancelled by FOX.

JmahaK

[51]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 7

I dont know if anyone has said this yet but when I was watching American Idol tonight they kept running commercials for 24 and they said following a special airing of House.  Thats monday night.  So no drive this monday.  AHHHHHHHH

I hate fox!  I mean are they even going to finish the episodes that they have already made?

Edited on 04/25/2007 11:42pm

AKAsama

[52]Apr 26, 2007

But why don't you bring us a proof... half a proof.. something!

You just throw this in, but what is your source?

Preboomer

[53]Apr 26, 2007

The Drive site at Fox.com has a link to a petition for fans to leave messages and sign petition to fox.

At least we're trying.

ramartin25

[54]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 16
    That bites. I lik this show. All though I know better than to like a show on FOX, it always gets canned.

welwynrose

[55]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 14
    what I find hard to understand is why companies like Fox don't give programmes a chance to establish a fan base you can't judge a program over a couple of episodes - it needs more than that - word of mouth etc - they are really scared by lowish rating but there are some programs you are just not going to beat in the ratings

athevolunteer

[56]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 20
    Well this sucks. I got the news a bit late. I'm speechless.

xg3org3x

[57]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 3

this is lame.

i heard from fox that they're airing the episodes online that havent been aired.

6 episodes altogether.

daveyofdoom

[58]Apr 26, 2007

Gorram it!

Fox may as well pick up all their axed shows and create a 'Fox Canned' channel. I reckon that would be a ratings winner.

braxilicious

[59]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 5
    Drive was a good show, sucks it got cancelled. It was probably because Nathan Fillion is so annoying, the man looks retarded in every scene he's in.

fruhlemariposa

[60]Apr 26, 2007
    That's it!  I am officially boycotting fox.  I will do that tv thing where you can block the channel.  Why the f**k won't they give things a chance!  Oh, no they couldn't do that, they have to keep shows that wouldn't tax a 5 year old in the thinking department!  God, I HATE fox!!!    And yes, I am blaming fox for bad decision making skills.