Drive Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

Canceled!

buffyTVSrox

[101]Apr 27, 2007
    • level: 33
    Hey, anyone wanna go kill the FOX executives? BYOTaP (Bring your own torch and pitchfork)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

digger2640

[102]Apr 28, 2007
    • level: 4

It's typical of network execs to act like spoilt little turds.  They want they're big McHit with a super sized serve of McRatings and if they don't get the little fluffy McBonus they'll chuck a tanty.  It's also the same for a lot of TV viewers.  Most would prefer to watch something instantly gratifying (using the term very loosley) like Big Brother rather than invest a little time into a program.

I was enjoying 'Drive'.  It was going somewhere and each episode was a little different and revealing something new about each character. I just hope they release it on DVD.

And why are they going to show 're-runs' of House?  Do re-runs of a program rate better than something new?

alison_974

[103]Apr 28, 2007
    • level: 17
    Uggh! This is why I hate FOX... I'm kicking myself for looking forward to this show for so long... I finally find a show that I want to watch (Fillion!) as it begins... usually i come into watching a show halfway through or after it's already ended (like Firefly). As soon as I start watching teh show from the beginning it get's cancelled after 4 eps... how can tehy do that.
    And I live in Australia, so I made a real effort to watch this show . Of all the shows that air in the US, we probably get about 5%... and it's always Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy and LOST... I hate those shows.... This is why I just stick to DVDs!

djariya

[104]Apr 28, 2007
    • level: 19
    digger2640 wrote:

And why are they going to show 're-runs' of House?  Do re-runs of a program rate better than something new?

House and Bones re-runs usually attract around 6-8 million viewers. There's one simple reason why these air. The episodes have already made their money back and FOX re-airs them to recoup losses from cancelled shows like Drive. Every network does this when they have a flop and need something to fill it's spot.

lemon_accw

[105]Apr 28, 2007
    • level: 40

I just watched the 4th episode of Drive. It was f-ing great. Now it' even more of a piss off that they cancelled the show.

thestyliss

[106]Apr 28, 2007
    • level: 9
    i can't believe they cancelled drive just because of the first four ratings!! it's a good show, just give it some time to developed

buffyTVSrox

[108]Apr 28, 2007
    • level: 33
    maxkkoik wrote:
    This show deserves it it was a cheesy drama based off the crappy comedy movie rat race. you people need to watch some real shows like the wire or the sopranos or entourage.

Did you watch it? It is not based off of Rat Race.
    Also, just wondering: why bother spending time out of your life just to come over here and insult the show and piss off the fans?

Vandelay2K

[109]Apr 28, 2007
    • level: 7

I wanted to like it. I really did.  Although I'm not a fan, Firefly seemed like a quality show, and I really enjoyed Tim Minear's last show "The Inside".

But I was turned off after only about 5 minutes of the Drive pilot.  The style and direction weren't my cuppa tea, (OK, really it made me wanna puke!) so I turned it off and let my machine record the first 4 episodes.  Watched them last week and yeah, I thought it was one of the worst dramas on TV.

But maybe that's just me. Oh well, my opinion. Sorry that it disagrees with most of you

tvismyescape22

[110]Apr 28, 2007
    • level: 13
    No!!!! Why????!!!! So what it's just gonna leave us hanging? I hate when shows like this get cancelled, just as i was getting hooked! I really like this show!!

JJBurns84_basic

[111]Apr 28, 2007
    • level: 8
    Well, that was cancelled fast... I don't blame Fox or the viewers, I blame Nielsen. Seriously, how accurate can that small of a sampling be?

hurricaneez2

[112]Apr 28, 2007
    • level: 7
    Well this sucks. I had really gotten into it.

titiembe

[113]Apr 29, 2007
    • level: 44
    maxkkoik wrote:
    This show deserves it it was a cheesy drama based off the crappy comedy movie rat race. you people need to watch some real shows like the wire or the sopranos or entourage.

*kicks him in the shin*

masterofaeons

[114]Apr 29, 2007
    • level: 15
    Hi!

Soulse

[115]Apr 29, 2007

Thats it, I've never said this about a channel, but i'm going to now.  I've stayed with watching shows from Fox because 24 was still airing, though now it's getting repetative to me.  I..am.. DONE with Fox, maybe tv all together.  2 weeks, how the hell can you judge a show with only 4 episodes.  Thats like looking at the cover of a book and deciding the book is repulsive.  This corporate crap is destroying ANY creative stance on an entire area that is ABOUT being creative.  I understand that a television needs to make money, but using only a very small group to base the ratings on is just plain asinine.  Unfortunatly places like Fox seem to take the idea that we need to have equality in televsion where everything is mediocre so as to not make people think.  I have never understood how shows like Amercan Idol or CSI (which have high ratings) become so popular.  Its the same episode over and over, its creating a culture of mediocracy where nothing is either too bizare or too crappy, where people are too affraid that they might say the wrong thing.  It has seemed to me that this sort of mentality is the driving force behind these corporate suits, to create a culture that would rather re-hash old ideas then to let you think, to drive you to a sort of zombie state so as to have the advertisments have an effect on you more then the creative storytelling.  Shows like Angel, Firefly, and The Inside were great shows that got kicked the can either FARRR to early or were rushed to end.  I believe that there is very little creative freedom in the television market anymore unless its on a channel you have to actually pay more for (funny how that is).  This is creativity driven by money, Drive was driven away by the greed of 'not enough money' and I'll be damned if I watch ANYTHING on Fox agian.

ps: sorry for the rant.

Edited on 04/29/2007 6:52pm

masterofaeons

[116]Apr 29, 2007
    • level: 15
    Apparantly, the only future for great programs with any sort of potential is in comic book form. Hopefully I can find Tim Minear and Joss at their bar. Maybe they'll tell me about Season 2 of Firefly after the depression turns to drunken bliss.

Soulse

[117]Apr 29, 2007
    masterofaeons wrote:
    Apparantly, the only future for great programs with any sort of potential is in comic book form. Hopefully I can find Tim Minear and Joss at their bar. Maybe they'll tell me about Season 2 of Firefly after the depression turns to drunken bliss.

haha, thats great! I just hope creative and talented people like Whedon and Minear don't stop creating wonderful stories.

Alucadoz

[118]Apr 30, 2007
    • level: 3

The way people will see the remaining 9 episodes is if they download them off iTunes or most likely off the fox website both will carry a fee for downloading which is all that fox execs care about.  Advertising dollars are what killed Drive the same thing would have happened to 24 if it didnt have a loyal following of fans oh wait 24 has been running for 6 years now thats probably the reason it does so well in the ratings.  Suprising Drive didnt get a loyal following of fans after just 4 episodes what were we thinking hey 4 episodes should have been more than enough to 1. Gain a following 2. To compete with well established shows it was running against. 

FOX SUCKS MONKEY TESTICLES.  Cancelling a show that had great potential after just 4 episodes what a bunch or retards.  I was gutted when they cancelled Firefly one of the most original sci series around and now they go an cancel a show after just 4 episodes that would have been great if it was just given the chance.

tjaman

[119]Apr 30, 2007
    • level: 32
    Vandelay2K wrote:

I wanted to like it. I really did.  Although I'm not a fan, Firefly seemed like a quality show, and I really enjoyed Tim Minear's last show "The Inside".

But I was turned off after only about 5 minutes of the Drive pilot.  The style and direction weren't my cuppa tea, (OK, really it made me wanna puke!) so I turned it off and let my machine record the first 4 episodes.  Watched them last week and yeah, I thought it was one of the worst dramas on TV.

But maybe that's just me. Oh well, my opinion. Sorry that it disagrees with most of you

Thanks for giving it more of a chance than FOX did.

smallville_girl

[120]Apr 30, 2007
    • level: 6

I'm seriously hating FOX right now.  Seriously.  I've been pissed at them before but this is just...ugh!  They didn't even give this show a freakin chance.  Don't they realize how ticked off fans are by this.  I mean almost everyone I've talked to is annoyed about this show getting cancelled.