Drive Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

Canceled!

jake719

[161]May 27, 2007
    • level: 1

i haven't watch fox since the early 90's they haven't had a good show on there since then then i seen drive it was real good starting watching it and the pull the plug thats why i don't watch fox

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SoylentYellow

[162]May 27, 2007
    • level: 21
    You could try sending 12 TONS of NUTS to FOX....
    Edited on 05/27/2007 8:44pm

titiembe

[163]May 28, 2007
    • level: 44
    I still wish they didn't cancel this show It was awesome...

angelandspike

[164]Jun 2, 2007
    • level: 66
    SoylentYellow wrote:
    You could try sending 12 TONS of NUTS to FOX....

They didn't call us nuts, so it probably wouldn't have the same impact.

As I've said before, I really don't think they have any intention of bringing this show back. I suppose if it got 30 million viewers on July 4, they might reconsider, but I don't think anything short of something like that will save it.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic. I'm trying to be realistic. It's not that I don't believe in fighting to bring a cancelled show back, but we don't really have enough to work with here since we only have 6 episodes.

tennisrobe26

[165]Jun 8, 2007
    • level: 22
    Drive was AWESOME!

theevilpope

[166]Jun 10, 2007
    • level: 6
    I am happy it was cancelled this show sucked.

goodgirltv

[168]Jul 6, 2007
    • level: 11

tennisrobe26 wrote:
    Drive was AWESOME!

this is what I hate about mid-season shows - it's such a gamble, you get into the story and there are always many unanswered questions...it makes me not want to watch the first season of a show!!

pjamese3

[169]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 4

In part you have to blame Fox. Rightly or wrongly, they've gained a reputation for not supporting their good shows. Shows that require you to pay attention, shows that just aren't fart jokes, shows that aren't mindless action, etc... There's a vicious cycle where they don't give a very good but low rated show a chance and the viewership knows this and doesn't invest too much time in the show because they expect it to be gone soon. Back in the day, Hill Street Blues had lousy ratings the 1st season and NBC stuck with it. How many Emmys did the show win?

Another problem is that the wrong families have the Neilson boxes. The families that have them are the ones who made Everybody Likes Raymond and House and the Golden Girls hits. The networks need to give some boxes to people who like Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, Family Guy, and Drive. Let people who like the edgier shows drive the train for a while.

DrAcula14

[170]Jul 13, 2007

i just can't understand how shows like 'standoff' don't get the axe but great shows like this get cut. some of you guys may like that show, but i honestly thought it wasn't good at all. maybe for a mini series, but how many different and creative hostage situations can you come up with? at least the format and the plot of drive allowedwriters to throw in twists whenever they came up with something. they had and could have had so many creative opportunities with that show.

this freakin sucks.

nolefan32

[171]Aug 23, 2007
    DrAcula14 wrote:

i just can't understand how shows like 'standoff' don't get the axe but great shows like this get cut. some of you guys may like that show, but i honestly thought it wasn't good at all. maybe for a mini series, but how many different and creative hostage situations can you come up with? at least the format and the plot of drive allowedwriters to throw in twists whenever they came up with something. they had and could have had so many creative opportunities with that show.

this freakin sucks.

It's not about quality, it's all about quanity - of viewers, that is. The networks aren't in business to make quality programming, although sometimes that's a nice by-product. They're in business to make shows that get ratings high enough that they can charge high prices for ads to air during them, and thus make a profit off airing them. As long as people insist on tuning in to total crap reality shows and ignore qualit, thought-provoking programs like this one, the trend will only continue.

theherooftime1

[172]Aug 23, 2007
    • level: 15
    hmm i actually liked this show

Olli3

[173]Sep 3, 2007
    • level: 12
    me to, are there only 6 episodes aired?

nolefan32

[174]Sep 11, 2007

Olli3 wrote:
    me to, are there only 6 episodes aired?
    Depends on what you mean by "aired". Only four episodes were broadcast - the last two (the only other two ever produced) were put on the Internet for view, but never actually broadcast.

Do be aware, the six episodes solve nothing. The intention was that they wouldn't figure out who won this race (or however it would be resolved, since no winner at all was a definite option) until the end of the second season. The six episodes are still good, but if you watch them, just be aware there is zero resolution.

lilsims2fan113

[175]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 6

well having been a really big fan of this show im super mad that fox cancelled it. they ended the season on a cliffhanger, and that really makes me mad. they should at least finish the race, by posting the next season on fox.com

yeah, watching those episodes on fox on demand suck, because they don't even reveal the winner. and that, as i said before sucks.

Edited on 09/11/2007 9:52pm

jimmykudo_1

[176]Sep 23, 2007
    • level: 28
    man this stinks i wish they diden't axe this.

Kdude420

[177]Oct 3, 2007
    How can I find the very last episode of Drive? They aired it on Fox In Demand but I never watched it 'cause thought they might air it on real TV in the Fall. Now I am left hanging by a thread & am kinda heartbroken over it really 'cause I reallyloved this show.Any suggestions?

azraeljbs

[178]Oct 3, 2007

Two of the biggest reasons for the low ratings.

1. For some stupid reason it was blacked out on the east coast.

2. They aired it durring the NBA playoffs.

Not very bright of them. If they re-aired this show it's a very good bet the ratings would jump quite a bit without those two hinderences that were there the first time. If you check the FOX site there are over 2000 posts about bringing this show back and I believe their is a petition too. The show had a great premise and interesting story lines. They should re-air this show right before DAMAGES on the FX network, that way they could pick up more viewers, and garner more interest in the show. But we all know FOX doesn't like to admit it was wrong and will most likely let this sleeper hit die off like they do every other descent show they have.

thewiseman

[179]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 9

I'm from the uk and never heard of this show before, but a week ago I made a USA itunes account and looked in the tv shows and saw drive with Nathan Fillion, as I like Fillion and the tv shows his done I thought I download the 6 episodes (not realizing it had been cancelled and it was aired in 07) straight away I got hooked.

Can't believe it's been cancelled such a great show. If I ever become a billionaire, I'm bringing back Drive

Edited on 09/08/2008 12:50pm
    Edited 2 total times.

moonriser

[180]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 3
    azraeljbs wrote:

Two of the biggest reasons for the low ratings.

1. For some stupid reason it was blacked out on the east coast.

2. They aired it during the NBA playoffs.

Not very bright of them. If they re-aired this show it's a very good bet the ratings would jump quite a bit without those two hindrances that were there the first time. If you check the FOX site there are over 2000 posts about bringing this show back and I believe their is a petition too. The show had a great premise and interesting story lines. They should re-air this show right before DAMAGES on the FX network, that way they could pick up more viewers, and garner more interest in the show. But we all know FOX doesn't like to admit it was wrong and will most likely let this sleeper hit die off like they do every other descent show they have.

Hi, I was a big fan of Drive also, and not just because I'm a big fan of Nathan Fillion, which I am, but because I really liked the show itself. You said it was blocked out on the East coast, and I agree that would be stupid, but I live on the east coast, N.J. to be exact. I just don't understand these T.V. networks, or some of the people who watch. It seems that the only things that get good viewer-ship are garbage shows, that I wouldn't waste my time on. I forget who it was who said it on this thread, but I agree completely. I am almost temped, of afraid to get involved in a show it's first season, or until it has proven itself. If we did that though, it would really mess up the ratings. It's very much a catch twenty two. I want to watch, and support the programs I like, but then I just get so sad and disillusioned when those shows are cancelled without them even getting a fair chance, to gain a true following!