Driving Force Forums

A&E (ended 2007)

Anyone still here??

Mischievius1too

[1]Oct 16, 2006
    • level: 1
        Not too many people posting on here-that makes me worry the show isn't as popular as I think it should be. I love watching John and the girls, their dynamics, the racing, and John just cracks me up. So what is the deal with John and his wife? On again, off again? I think they need counseling-they've got too much history together to throw it away. However, if John's lookin, I'm available!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Brunete20

[2]Oct 16, 2006
    • level: 63
    I was beginning to think that I was the only one left who every looked at this guide.  John and his wife has been seperated for years.  As John always says "she loves me, she just doesn't like me."  He'd neglected his family over the past twenty years and left her to raise the girls.  He doesn't deny it.  I think they just need time, and privacy away from the cameras and the NHRA to get things together.  Tonight was the season finale, and I really hope they renew it for another season.  I think that tonight was the best episode yet.  John laying in the guy's arms in the pool was so funny.  He is NEVER going to live that down.

Gumbacharlie12

[3]Oct 31, 2006
    • level: 3
    John is really funny because he is the only guy in the family

Real327

[4]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 1
    There are still quite a few of us waiting from the great white north to see this show continue. Up here, as with most other places in the world...John is a Legend, and beyond.

martingirls

[5]May 2, 2007
    • level: 4
    Where is everybody? There is alot to talk about?

Brunete20

[6]May 7, 2007
    I really love this show and all but I am started to get annoyed with the way they jump around so much.  They are showing stuff that happened last season after they show stuff from this season.  For example, last week's episode about John being hurt.  That happened last season and I believe I even wrote about it happening in the editors blog. They were already showing stuff from this season of the NHRA happening.  I guess unless you actually watch drag racing, you wouldn't know all of this stuff is happening out of order.  It is just annoying some times. 

martingirls

[7]May 8, 2007
    Yeah, I get that. I watch the races and the show too, and I am like that happened here or there. I think it is an editing thing. Love the show though. I went to the Atlanta race and it was awesome!

Brunete20

[8]May 8, 2007
    I know John has a lot to do with the editing so who knows.  We are going to the races in the beginning of June in Joliet, IL.  Its a record setting track and always full of excitement.

martingirls

[9]May 9, 2007
    We are going to the Bristol race May 18-20. It will be my second race, and I am so excited. I would attend all the races if I could. Congrats on going to IL. Post pics if you take any.

martingirls

[10]May 9, 2007
    Wait what about your pregnancy? How far along are you, and will it be ok for you to attend a race? My sister-in-law is preg and wants to go to Bristol with us.

Brunete20

[11]May 9, 2007
    I am going to be seven months pregnant this June.  Hubby wants to go to Bristol too, but I vetoed the idea.  I went to the races two years ago when I was 8 months prego with my son.  I stood behind my hubby to shield my belly when the cars passed by because of the vibration.  Just make sure she sits on the side of the track with the least amount of fumes.  Staying away from the pits is also a good idea because of the testing noise and the fumes there.
    Edited on 05/09/2007 1:02pm

martingirls

[12]May 10, 2007
    The Bristol race is next weekend(5-20-07) and shouid be a blast. My sister in law is definitely going. She said she did not want my brother to go without her. LOL! We found out today that they are going to have another boy. They were wanting a girl because they have a son already, but I told her that she has to take what she gets. You can't send it back!