Driving Force

A&E (ended 2007)

Driving Force Fan Reviews (11)

• Real family drama as the Force family competes on the race track and off.

When I first saw the commercials for this show, I wondered if it was going to be all about John Force screaming at people. Happily, I was wrong. It is about John screaming at people, the day-to-day saga of competition in the drag racing world, and the ups and downs of family life. Watch as John and his estranged wife Laurie try to keep the family together; learn what it takes to drive race cars at 300 mph and above; and see the Force family members act like, well, normal people, who laugh, get angry, struggle, get knocked down and try again. This is one of the most rewarding shows I've seen in a long time. It's quickly become one of my favorites.
  • John Force is my HERO...

What can I say.. I love this show.
    After meeting Mr. Force on several occasions, (when he tours East Tennessee) and wondering what he is like beyond the post race interviews... It really hits upon the behind the scenes life of a Funny Car Driver.
    All the nervous moments, and victory's and not to forget the recent tragedies.
    May Eric never be forgotten.

Keep the faith John your fans are behind you.
  • Being from the south racing is in the blood. I grew up on Nascar and only started watching NHRA due to this show. I LOVE IT! To see the camper trailer John grew up in was humbling for his girls, WHICH THEY NEEDED! Money can't buy love or happiness.

John lost one family (Adria and her mother), almost lost his life with Laurie and the girls. Laurie appears to be meek on the show but she has to be A very strong woman, w/big B_ _ _ _, Its obvious John loves his family. He is tryinng to give his family a better life. Thats his way of showing/giving love. I'm a BIG Ashley racing fan! The girls are back in town! Go Ashley! I hope to get to go to my first drag race in Bristol!
  • This is about the racing family "The Forces" John Force, Ashley Force, Courteny Force, Brittany Force, And Laura Force.

This show is Great for pepole that like racing because John Force is a 14 time champion And for the guys the Daughters Are Incredibly hot.You Can See for your self. They Just lost One Of There Teamates Eric Medlin In A Horrific Crash In March. But They Are going to try to get over it and get back to there old ways.
  • I am a gear head now! Good luck team Force! Especially Ashley.

I had never been into watching drag racing on tv before I watched Driving Force. I watched the show by accident, and now I am hooked on racing. I only wish it was more popular because you cannot find anything about the NHRA or anyone to talk to about it. No one really knows alot about drag racing. I love watching John and his family try to work out their differences at two and three hundred miles per hour. It is hard enough to keep a family in tune without adding a 7000 horsepowered funny car into the mix. I love the family dynamics this show brings to television.
  • Funny, thrilling, passionate, loving, sometimes off the wall, caring, heart felt thoughts and feelings

I rate this show very high. I love the passion and the heart that john shows during these shows. I heard him say that the show made him look like a \"BLEEP BLEEP\", but i\'ll be honest. His heart, passion, and desire, not only for racing but for his family is why i watch the show. John, its good to show emotion and what\'s in your heart. I\'m a 53 yr old man, and you\'ve broght me to tears more times than i\'m willing to admit to. Taking the girls to see the trailer house, was priceless. The gift for your brother, same thing. Your passion for your family, your wife, i love every minute of it. I know it looks at times that the girls don\'t get it, but they will, someday. It\'s like we are on the same wave length with trying to get the family to understand things, life. I hope you don\'t give up on the show. I know you\'ll never give up on your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you restore a loving wife and family. I\'m pulling for you. I think this show is good, for kids to watch, to see, everyone has problems. It\'s how you deal with those problems that sets you apart from others, and how your family will see you in the end. I love the passion. Seeing his heart come through. Even the frustrations. We\'re all there. I don\'t see how anyone could give this show a bad review. It even helps me learn how to handle things at times. Please keep up the good work, and the fight john. I\'m with you all the way. Ron Jarvis
    Oh, congrats on your 14th national title. You\'re the man !
  • Absolutely fabulous show. One of the best if not the best reality show. Showes all side of drag racing, both personal and professional sides of the cast. The Thrill of Victory and the Agony of defeat. Always a lesson to be learned.

This show takes you behind the sceans and into both the personal and professional lifes of the cast. John always tries to teach the girls something. Some time his approach is rough and may seem calous and not understood at the time, but they seem to always get it. John always has time to give advice to other drivers when asked, even if it is a competitor. Having grown up on the wast coast I grew up with drag racing. My wife on the other hand having grown up on the east coast was not intersted in drag racing. I watched the first episode of the show and she got hooked. She tells me when the drags are on tv, and stays up late to watch them with me. The show is bringing drag racing into homes across the nation. Hats off to A&E for the show. Keep up the good work A&E.Very inavating show. Can't wait for Ashley's first FC race.Good luck to Force racing and be safe.
  • I just to want to say that I lovc John. My heart just goes out to him because you can see that he just wants to be a good dad and that he wants his families love.

I love the show. John makes the show. His wife - she didn't even want to spend some time with him after the kids went off to prom? My heart went out to him. Does she ever smile? I love everyone on the show but she just seems cold and heartless.
  • His name says it all. John Force.

What makes this show is john force. What people love about john aside from the fact that he's a winner is that he loves
    what he does and it show's. He passionate. He's driven.
    You have to make the most of life's victories and celebrate them and he does.
    It what also makes his relationship with his family at times almost hysterical. He tries for all the right reasons to get things done in ways that girls or family members just dont respond too. Then he gets mad. Then they cry and then he feels like an ogre then he trys to apologize. You love john because he loves his family and they love him but the calamity of it all. It just makes for good tv. This all takes place with the backdrop of racing dragsters. I remember when rails first went over 300mph, funnies broke 6 seconds and multiplate meant many people were coming to dinner. So it nice to see drag racing culture in prime time. Gotta love it.
  • This is how it\'s done! A perfect Show!

I had never heard of John Force prior to the show, perhaps in brief passings of the Sports Channels, but the name didn\'t mean anything to me. That was until I saw the first few episodes of Driving Force, the best show on TV today bar none. Overnight I have beome a HUGE FAN, I never had a father but if I did I\'d want one just like that, people say he\'s harsh, loud, abussive, HOGWASH, if you can\'t see the real man, the real passion, the real depth in this SIMPLY AMAZING man you need to clean the lenses. This show has made me LAUGH, CRY and left me with a longing for more. No show has done this to me in a very very long time. This show will be HUGE HIT, it has to be. I thought reality TV was dead for me, the whole thing was getting old...then blam, John Force drives in and turns the whole thing on it\'s head! This is a MUST SEE...it will also be the first TV DVD set I will buy when available...I love this show and so will you!
  • There is more to life than just drag racing for John Force. Dealing with 4 daughters is a race all it's own.

What a great show!! I am a huge John Force fan and I totally got to see a new side to him. John openly admits that he wanted boys, but ended up with girls. If they were boys he wouldn't have to worry about them, but the girls he worries about. He is quick witty with a funny sense of humor. This show deals the reality of not having a father around when growing up. Even though John wasn't around, his daughters still want to do the one thing that took him away from them all those years. This show follows the Force's around from race to race and from home to home. Raising teenages prove to be a difficult task.