Drop Dead Diva Forums

Lifetime (ended 2014)

Thoughts on the new 'angel' Luke

  • Avatar of nhubi

    nhubi

    [1]Jun 12, 2012
    • member since: 10/18/06
    • level: 48
    • rank: Conehead
    • posts: 3,058

    Hope this doesn't double post but tv.com timed out halfway through this the first time



    Personally I can't stand the new 'angel', he's just a bully. Fred had his faults, he may have been naive but he was understanding and helpful, and a true guardian. This guy is cruel and smug and pushy. Hardly 'angel' material. Jane doesn't have Jane's soul, that's moved on, she'd got Deb's which means she's always going to have to be an amalgam of the two, but this guy wont let her carry anything of Deb's onwards. It's just narrow minded and quite honestly off-putting. He's not human and has no concept of human emotions, and therefore has no right whatsoever to dictate how any human can feel, Fred may have let himself bend (ok, possibly break) some rules with Jane/Deb and Stacey but that allowed him at least some 'human' perspective. Luke is shallow and self-righteous and comes across as bigoted and threatening. Honestly imitating that Grayson will be hit by another car or face some other calamity just because he's got an inkling as to who Jane may actually be? That's vicious and manipulative. Not to mention he's a sodding thief!

    If he's an angel, he's a fallen one.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of eaudra1

    eaudra1

    [2]Jun 13, 2012
    • member since: 06/24/11
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 349

    Personally I need a little bit more time to decide whether I like Luke as Jane's guardian angel or want to say 'next please'. Anyway, in a way he is already a better matched angel for our girl as he is (from what we were shown) not as easy put down as Fred was. I liked that he takes a more pushy stance towards his and Jane's interactions. Don't get me wrong, I love Fred, but Jane simply commanded and twisted him to her liking almost all the time and in some cases that was getting on my nerve. It's time for Jane/Deb to move on on Greyson, so if that takes a pushy angel Luke to do that, I might already like the guy.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of loey12886

    loey12886

    [3]Jun 14, 2012
    • member since: 07/30/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,187
    I want Fred back. After watching the previous episode I officially don't like Luke, yeah maybe Grayson can't know Jane is Deb, but I want these two together and Luke getting in the way might have actually made Grayson stop trying or something like that. When he brought Owen to Jane, Luke got that look in his eyes like he maybe a bad guy or something.

    Also telling Jane that maybe it's time to move on, I hope that never happens because Jane/Deb loves Grayson and I hope that never changes
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KasenStuff

    KasenStuff

    [4]Jun 22, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 207
    What HAPPENED to Fred? The actor I mean.... Why'd he leave? Why the change?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of loey12886

    loey12886

    [5]Jun 22, 2012
    • member since: 07/30/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,187

    KasenStuff wrote:
    What HAPPENED to Fred? The actor I mean.... Why'd he leave? Why the change?
    Not sure why the actor left the show, but Fred left because he told Stacy who he really was and because of him telling her the truth he had to go back

    Edited on 06/22/2012 7:03pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KasenStuff

    KasenStuff

    [6]Jun 26, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 207
    loey12886 wrote:

    KasenStuff wrote:
    What HAPPENED to Fred? The actor I mean.... Why'd he leave? Why the change?
    Not sure why the actor left the show, but Fred left because he told Stacy who he really was and because of him telling her the truth he had to go back



    I got THAT part (I have been watching)...... But if they wanted to keep the actor, he either wouldn't have told Stacy, OR they would have found a way for him to stay. So obviously they didn't want that actor anymore so I ask... Why?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KasenStuff

    KasenStuff

    [7]Jun 26, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 207
    I mean, she did get away with telling Stacy and Stacy didn't die... so.......
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of loey12886

    loey12886

    [8]Jun 26, 2012
    • member since: 07/30/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,187
    KasenStuff wrote:
    loey12886 wrote:

    KasenStuff wrote:
    What HAPPENED to Fred? The actor I mean.... Why'd he leave? Why the change?
    Not sure why the actor left the show, but Fred left because he told Stacy who he really was and because of him telling her the truth he had to go back



    I got THAT part (I have been watching)...... But if they wanted to keep the actor, he either wouldn't have told Stacy, OR they would have found a way for him to stay. So obviously they didn't want that actor anymore so I ask... Why?


    sorry I guess I got thrown off when I heard you say Fred.....I don't know what happened to the actor
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gigaslayerx

    gigaslayerx

    [9]Jul 1, 2012
    • member since: 03/16/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 40
    loey12886 wrote:
    KasenStuff wrote:
    loey12886 wrote:

    KasenStuff wrote:
    What HAPPENED to Fred? The actor I mean.... Why'd he leave? Why the change?
    Not sure why the actor left the show, but Fred left because he told Stacy who he really was and because of him telling her the truth he had to go back



    I got THAT part (I have been watching)...... But if they wanted to keep the actor, he either wouldn't have told Stacy, OR they would have found a way for him to stay. So obviously they didn't want that actor anymore so I ask... Why?


    sorry I guess I got thrown off when I heard you say Fred.....I don't know what happened to the actor


    The actor for fred got a new gig with i think MAD MEN. again I THINK
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Veronikamdov

    Veronikamdov

    [10]Jul 2, 2012
    • member since: 12/21/11
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1

    I have to say I´m quite dissapointed with that show. I mean - I really liked first three seasons but this one...ugh... 1) I really don´t like the fact that Fred had to leave.. at least he had some kind of his own story with Stacey..this new one..well..he isn´t very likeable and I don´t buy his story at all..hey, wait! He actually doesn´t have any story! 2)It starts to be really annoying that Jane can´t tell anything to Grayson..why not? Plus I don´t like Grayson.. he was in love with shallow silly model, he like Jane only because she reminds him of that model and..I don´t know..he just seems quite simple too. 3) This season I really started hate Stacey - she´s so terrible person and I can hardly stand her.. so...childish, spoiled, stupid, naive and idiotic.. grr

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KasenStuff

    KasenStuff

    [11]Jul 3, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 207
    gigaslayerx wrote:
    loey12886 wrote:
    KasenStuff wrote:
    loey12886 wrote:

    KasenStuff wrote:
    What HAPPENED to Fred? The actor I mean.... Why'd he leave? Why the change?
    Not sure why the actor left the show, but Fred left because he told Stacy who he really was and because of him telling her the truth he had to go back



    I got THAT part (I have been watching)...... But if they wanted to keep the actor, he either wouldn't have told Stacy, OR they would have found a way for him to stay. So obviously they didn't want that actor anymore so I ask... Why?


    sorry I guess I got thrown off when I heard you say Fred.....I don't know what happened to the actor


    The actor for fred got a new gig with i think MAD MEN. again I THINK


    Ahhh... Too bad. I like Fred
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kathiheck

    kathiheck

    [12]Aug 5, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 74

    Ben Feldman, the actor who played Fred, accepted a role on Mad Men during DDD's hiatus, and probably didn't think he could do both shows at the same time, so he chose to stay with Mad Men. He must be doing something right, because he was just nominated for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama for his work, while Diva was completely shut out (Margaret was nominated, but not for her role as Teri; she was a guest star on another show.)

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ltcomstella

    ltcomstella

    [13]Mar 14, 2013
    • member since: 11/30/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 781

    the writers failed..


    as someone else said stacey knows but ain't dead.. but thats cos she's the bff to the main she's an exception... but really stupid to then say oh yeah your old bf can't know cos thats wrong..


    why is it wrong ? people believe in heaven/hell and angels but oh no we can't have them actually finding proof...


    and i dunno if this show is trying to be retarded by having heaven / god / angels cause people to die/ get hurt.... pretty risky

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of waterlady03

    waterlady03

    [14]Mar 15, 2013
    • member since: 08/04/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 178

    I don't like him. He's seems so selfish and inconsiderate. At least Fred was trying to do the right thing and I like him better than Luke.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.