Drop Dead Diva

The Dress

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Sep 13, 2009 on Lifetime

7.9
  • Ridiculous case but highlights an interesting point

Jane's suing of the dress shop was a bit ridiculous but I see where she's coming from. As an overweight person I always feel I'm being judged when going into expensive dress shops - but that's not the point of this review.
    In court Jane said that she was made to feel worthless because of the way she looks physically.
    I find this episode very ironic. In the pilot episode Fred said that Deb's soul holds all her memories and feelings and as her soul is in Jane's body, she had all Deb's memories and feelings. She has Jane's brain because the brain is part of the physical body which belonged to Jane.
    Memories and feelings are what make a person who they are - not the physical body. Both Deb and Jane died yet only Deb's death was mourned - yet if you consider what really makes a person then it is Jane who really died, yet nobody acknowledges her death. Deb is still "alive", whereas Jane, with all her memories, feelings and emotions are no longer.

In this way thisentire showis just as guilty as the dress shop for putting the physical look above the person inside.