Drop the Dead Donkey Forums

Channel 4 (ended 1998)

this is a sorry sight

livinginlyoko

[1]Jun 3, 2006
    • level: 11

are you telling me that no one had watched drop the dead donkey it's great

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jeffholt84

[2]Nov 21, 2006
    • level: 2
    Yeah, it was a really good show. I just saw that they are releasing it on DVD in England which has persuaded me into buying a region free player and order the series. I can't wait since I only saw maybe a season or two of the show.
    Edited on 11/21/2006 1:42am

kimmydimmy

[3]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 3

Drop The Dead Donkey is the best topical satire in the world.

If you like DTDD you should check out Old Harry's Game (a radio series written by Andy Hamilton), it is available on BBC CD. It is every bit as funny as Drop The Dead Donkey.

Richiebcfc25

[4]Apr 8, 2007
    • level: 47
    i watched DDTD since the first episode on channal 4 way back in 1990 and i still think i was one of the best shows on tv many jornalists said it was so close to real life it was scary.  A Top rate show

francklloyd

[5]May 20, 2007
    • level: 56
    Watching it a decade after it was first shown, you notice that it was quite a conventional (good) sitcom. The references to current news topics are just details. It's a show about people in a workplace, not that different from anything like The Mary Tyler Moor Show up to The Office.

DanVine

[6]Jun 10, 2007
    • level: 3

Drop the Dead Donkey isa brilliant show, it should be watched by everyone. Its a great satire and if you dont like satire its still a really good character based sitcom. So you cant loose. Unless you just have no sense of humour.

btw whoever mentioned Old Harrys Game, thats good aswell its on BBC7 Monday Nights at 10:30 now. You can listen on www.bbc.co.uk/radio on BBC7s listen again page

fanboy34

[7]Jul 25, 2012
    • level: 11

I finally managed to find the remaining series (except year two) to watch and I'm glad they gave each character some kind of ending eventually. The show is seldom replayed here because it was full of dated UK references so it was never that popular. Some great examples of British wit though. Donkey had no real protagonist hero or even an everyman type to anchor the show like a normal sitcom but it worked in its own quirky way. I look forward to finding series two and seeing the last of Alex. It seemed like that series had an uncanny match-up with episodes of WKRP In Cincinnati as well if I recall.