DuckTales

Duck To The Future

Aired Weekdays 4:00 PM Nov 24, 1987 on

• This epsiosde was pretty good

I must say this esposide was pretty good.Scrooge gose into the future to see if the boys will ok in charge and only finds them to be worse then he is.I must disagree with the other reviewer about Webby.I throught her being married to Doofus was off.I couldn't see them together .I would have much rather saw a strong indepent young women who shows up as Scrooge lawyer rather then married to Doofus she needed her husband to carry the money for her and it looked as through she is was unable to free her uncle from jail without her husband to carry the money for her.I would much rather saw if she was married to Doofus him show up in the court room after the case saying congrataltions to his wife on a fine case instead the writers showed her being weak being married to someone she was clearly not compatible with.

I found it odd to why Magaica would even have the boys in charge if she got hold of the dime and took over Scrooges affairs .If she got a hold of everything she wouldn't need the boys and I find it odd they would even work for her.Webby seem to know right who Scrooge is yet the boys seem to want not believe it which is odd since they were closer to him then Webby was.

The episode was one of the better ones from Ducktales of course most of the first season was.
  • Fast Foward to the Future

This episode is my favorate episode in the series. It's pritty much your usual time travel story but it's one that's done right.

What I liked about the episode was how dark it slightly was, it sort of reminds me a little of "Back to the Future part 2" when Marty sees an alternate present where Biff runs everything. We see what happens when Magica DeSpell runs Duckburg and Scrooge is out of the picture as you guessed it it's a cesspool of corruption.

We see that the three nefews actually have grown up to become coporate sellouts because Scrooge wasn't there to guide them in the right path. Seeing Launchpad and Gyro as old men. But the most amazing revelation for me was actually seeing Doofus and Weeby actually married, the way it was handled I actually beleived them to be a couple so it's likely to happen; both of them have actually grown up well, Doofus looks slim and fit and Weeby I'll just say she grew up well. And that was what really made this episode great for me was actually seeing that these characters can age. This in a way really display how human they can actually seem and despite their age and how much has changed in a way their all still the same. For example the personas of both Doofus and Weeby really contrast from what they were back then. Doofus persona was ironic to his own name so I don't need to explain it but now we see he's actually really smart and confident. Weeby isn't as naive anymore she's because strong and independent (let alone a little more useful) in a way. And despite how much they both changed inside and out they are still the good people they were back then, this I feel is part of the message of the episode.

This episode is an important lesson in showing the future really is in our hands whatever we do in the present will effect who we'll become in the future.