DuckTales

Duckman Of Aquatraz

Aired Weekdays 4:00 PM Oct 02, 1987 on

• Scrooge is sent to jail for stealin Pablo Piquacko's "Duck a la Orange" from Flintheart Glomgold's art gallery, but the nephews suspect foul play.

It turns out the Flintheart hired Monsieur LaOink to switch paintings. Scrooge thought he was picking up a portrait of his family, which was to be a surprise. The nephews discover that a surveillance tape submitted as evidence actually features Flintheart disguised as Scrooge stealing the painting.

I think it's a little absurd that Scrooge was sent to a large security prison for stealing a painting. He isn't murderer. Scrooge gains a little respect from the prisoners after he bests them all at armwrestling. He says he got his strong arm from listing moneybags. His cellmate's name is Mad Dog McGurk, who wishes he had a sweet family like him.

A reporter says Flintheart's only crime was stealing his own painting, but he did in fact frame Scrooge for the crime. However, I do like the judge's decision to have Flintheart keep a portrait of Scrooge above his fireplace for 15 years. That's pretty funny. I guess if Flintheart was sent to prison, he wouldn't be seen again, and he could never be touted as the second-richest duck in the world.

In a security prison, it's strange that the warden would allow all of that furniture brought into Scrooge's cell.

It's really sweet that Scrooge arranged for Mad Dog's mother to visit him. This causes Mad Dog to escape and take Scrooge with him. It's a nice story, but I thought it did have a few mistakes. I liked how Scrooge eventually won the respect of the other prisoners and his cellmate.