DuckTales Forums

(ended 1990)

About Dijon being an Arab....

SharanMcQuack

[1]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 11

A lot of people have objected to Dijon being an Arab because he is a villian. A lot of talk of Racism has been banded about. My thoughts on this subject:

A: Dijon is also stupid. I don't think Disney intended to insinuate all Arabs are stupid, either.

B. His brother, Pupon is an OK kind of dude. So's the Grand Kishe of Macarroon, for that matter. (Not to mention Aladdin, the Sultan, Jasmine or the Palace Guard who calls Aladdin "street rat.".)

C. the Bad Guys in "Ducktales" are often native of Where ever the Ducktales Gang happen to be. The Evil Twin Brother of the Count (so I forgot which one was the Good One, Ray or Roy) in "Duck in the Iron Mask" was hatched in Monteduma. They've been imprisoned by Merpeople under the Ocean. You get the point.

D. And Flintheart Glomgold's Scottish. So' s Mr. McD. The Beagle Boys are mostly America. Magica Despell is ...Hungarian? Romanian? From the same "next of woods" as MY ancestors...about where Austria-Hungaria USED to be.

Edited on 01/29/2007 7:31am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MisterMatthews

[2]Feb 3, 2007
    • level: 5
    Flintheart Glomgold is from South-Africa and Magica deSpell is from Italy (according to the comic books done by their creator, Carl Barks).

SharanMcQuack

[3]Feb 5, 2007
    • level: 11
    Glomgold wears a kilt! And a tam o'shanter!
    Edited on 02/06/2007 7:24am

MisterMatthews

[4]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 5
    SharanMcQuack wrote:
    Glomgold wears a kilt! And a tam o'shanter!

Only in DuckTales, not in the original comic books. Originally, he's from South-Africa. Disney changed that when DuckTales was produced because of the apartheid regime in S-A.