DuckTales Forums

(ended 1990)

About disney "Hating" Launchpad (when they don"t)

SharanMcQuack

[1]Dec 26, 2006
    • level: 11

Disney does NOT Launchpad. I never said they did. I said they can't cope with his popularity. He wasn"t supposed to be any thing except the comedy relief. Launchpad becoming so blaim popular surprized and scared them- made them feel out of control. He wasn't supposed to morph into a True Hero. He was meanth to be a clown, a joke, a way to belittle strong, handsome muscular men the dwerbs at Disney somehow resent.

I think they are kind of nerotic about Launchpad: they KNOW he's popular and that the kids repect and admire him, but they just can't stand it.

The fact they refuse to make money off of Launchpad is their problem and not mine.

Edited on 12/28/2006 7:36am
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

InspectorBatman

[2]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 5

I never once thought of Launchpad as anything but a trusty sidekick. Scrooge and DW were always the heros. No one else. Except i rather liked Gyro and Donald when he guest starred. Nothing beats a duck getting furious and screaming obsanities no one can understand.

Before anyone objects, I must point out, Donald's a navy man, a sailor. They don't have the cleanest mouthes. I think that's why Disney made him so impaired in his speech originally. Anyways Launchpad IS nothing more then comedic releif. Darkwing and Scrooge were the heros. Hands down. I tended to hate Launchpad baised episodes.

SharanMcQuack

[3]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 11

That's how it was SUPPOSED to turn out. Launchpad wasn't supposed to be anything but the comedy relief. He just morphed into a True Hero sansĀ  permission and Disney could NOT deal with that. Lord only know why not, Lord only know why they CARED, they could NOT cope. They did EVERYTHING to turn Launchpad BACK into the comedy relief they meanth him to be and escaped making a LOT of MONEY off of him.

CONGRATULATIONS!

I liked Ugly Twerp until they over-promoted him. He don't SELL. Go to the few speciality stores that still sell Disney comics. This month, last months, the month before...all with UT in 'em all rotting on the shelves, unbought.

And Disney seems to think I'm some horrible, terrible person for telling them THE TRUTH instead of what they want to hear.

Edited on 02/08/2007 7:21am
    Edited 2 total times.

MisterMatthews

[4]Feb 15, 2007
    • level: 5
    Oh quit the whining and the conspiracy theories already! You';re spoiling this board with your whining and b*tching.