DuckTales Forums

(ended 1990)

Another weird idea that came in my mind about Ducktales...

GlideMan3

[1]May 1, 2008
    • level: 1

I've watched various episodes of Ducktales in the past and something has always disturbed me about it. Here I go, I'm going to sound weird

I know it's a world of human-like animals that the show is set in. Over various episodes, I've found human skeletons in various scenes. One example is when Magica buys the house in "Magica's Shadow War", I saw a human skeleton in the dungeon. Another episode where Scrooge was on trial and sent to jail Scrooge and the prisoner went to a beach. There was another human skeleton. In the episode where the gang discovers the Lost World, the Cave people were animals.

My question is what happened to the humans? Are there any? Did they not evolve and eventually become extinct? Does Scrooge and Glomgold keep humans as pets? Is there racism against humans?

Please note I did not smoke weed or get incredibly drunk. But it's something I noticed and I was wondering what you guys thought of this? Am I looking too much into this?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SharanMcQuack

[2]May 2, 2008
    • level: 11

Probably. But the only way to talk about TV shows like this is "as if it was real".

Let's see: I know a Carl Barks popped up in a "Disney's Ducktales"# 3, page 15, as a human....but then again in Darkwing Duck,

DW described Comet Guy (human) as a 'weird looking alien thing'...

Maybe human are just one intelligent species there and a not terribly common one, amoung many, all of whom call themeselves "human"?

Maybe DW just didn't reconize a human when he saw one, like I might not reconize a wombat if I saw one?

Edited on 05/03/2008 7:39am

GlideMan3

[3]May 3, 2008
    • level: 1
    You know Sharan, I vaguely remember Comet Guy from Darkwing Duck. Maybe humans are aliens in a world of human-like animals.

That whole "humans as pets" was just a joke, something coming from the strange parts of my mind.

MisterMatthews

[4]May 4, 2008
    • level: 5
    Well, there *are* humans in the Duck-world. In the animated series 'Quack Pack', set in Duckburg and starring Donald, Daisy and Huey, Duey and Louie, all the other characters are humans. No anthropomorphic animals (like in 'DuckTales' ) are to be seen. In the old newspaper comics (written by Bob Karp and drawn by Al Taliaferro), from time to time the dog-faced characters would be replaced with real humans --but only when it were pretty women. Carl Barks (creator of Scrooge and Duckburg) has used very realistic human characters in some of his stories. He wanted to start his own non-Disney comics with human characters, but he never dared to take the risk and remained working on Disney-comics. The last one to feature them was 'Dangerous disguise' in 1950. The editors told him to drop the humans, because they felt they disrupted the Duck-universe.
    Edited on 05/04/2008 5:42pm