DuckTales Forums

(ended 1990)

Any extensive Uncle Scrooge/Ducktales comparison sites?

Antiyonder

[1]Sep 22, 2007
    • level: 39

Got the TPBs "Carl Bark's Greatest Ducktales" Volume 1 and 2 yesterday. It was nice to see how these stories differed from Ducktales.

That said, there are many Uncle Scrooge comics adapted into the show that haven't been reprinted yet (at least to my knowledge). So are there any sites that compare the Ducktale episodes with the comic stories that they were adapted from? If yes, a link would be appreciated.

And because I know SharonMcQuack will be reading this, the reason I got this trade at all was that I never knew about the comics when Ducktales first aired, so in my case I wasn't spending money on something I already had. And if you make any insults or your comments imply an insult, you'll be reported to the editor of the forum.

Edited on 09/25/2007 9:39am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SharanMcQuack

[2]Sep 25, 2007
    • level: 11

I'm afraid while there USED to be a great website with both Carl Barks stuff and really neat Ducktales stuff, http://blatherskite.freeservers.com/gallery.html, it disappeared a while back. Try a search engine like google or yahoo or dogpile. If you find any good webpages on ducktales the tv show, be sure to tell me.

http://members.aol.com/negaduck9/negapage.htm

P. S.: why do I care what YOU spend YOUR money on?

http://www.cels-galerie.de/html

Edited on 09/25/2007 7:49am
    Edited 3 total times.

Antiyonder

[3]Sep 25, 2007
    Sorry if I did sound rude. But I've read your comments on the older comics and the criticisim for comics being sold that have been out and people buying them.

SharanMcQuack

[4]Sep 26, 2007

My cricitism is mainly that Disney is marketing as DUCKTALES which it AIN'T. If Carl Barks sells, marketing it as Carl Barks. Period.

If DUCKTALES sells, then that's what Disney should be selling. Not ye olde bait and switch,

Edited on 09/26/2007 9:46am

Antiyonder

[5]Sep 27, 2007
    I was refering to this comment you made to those on the forum that read the Carl Barks tales:

:
    If you are a permenant 80's fan, what's with the love of Carl Banks stuff from the '50's?

MisterMatthews

[6]Oct 27, 2007
    • level: 5

Antiyonder wrote:
    Got the TPBs "Carl Bark's Greatest Ducktales" Volume 1 and 2 yesterday. It was nice to see how these stories differed from Ducktales.

I think 'Duck Tales' is a great show, but they shouldn't have changed so many things about the Barks stories. Those stories were so strong, they didn't need improving. I like the 'original' DuckTales episodes much better than those that were adapted from the comics. What is your opinion?

Antiyonder

[7]Oct 27, 2007
    MisterMatthews wrote:

Antiyonder wrote:

I think 'Duck Tales' is a great show, but they shouldn't have changed so many things about the Barks stories. Those stories were so strong, they didn't need improving. I like the 'original' DuckTales episodes much better than those that were adapted from the comics. What is your opinion?

I do agree that some of the original stories are better, but it's nice that they don't copy it 100%. Otherwise I'd just read the original story instead.

SharanMcQuack

[9]Oct 28, 2007

Now, of course we don't have a choice. All they sell is Carl Bark-ish stuff and Carl Barks reprints. No Ducktales the tv show stuff.

Weird how Disney doesn't get that "Hobb's choice"- "take it or leave it" is STILL a choice.

I'm leaving it.

Antiyonder

[11]Oct 28, 2007
    SharanMcQuack wrote:

Now, of course we don't have a choice. All they sell is Carl Bark-ish stuff and Carl Barks reprints. No Ducktales the tv show stuff.

Weird how Disney doesn't get that "Hobb's choice"- "take it or leave it" is STILL a choice.

I'm leaving it.

I please ask that you stay on the topic of this thread. Thank you.