DuckTales Forums

(ended 1990)

Armstrong and the Klondike

Toybox32

[1]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 2
    I have a theory that in the timeline of events, "Armstrong" immediately follows "Back to the Klondike"...  At the beginning of "Armstrong" Scrooge and his nephews (The very ones who went to the Klondike) are in the very same train that they rode ot the Klondike.  Another clue is that they are playing Checkers with gold nuggets.  (Though I don't belive the end of BTTK showed Scrooge taking home any gold.)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LoneCynic

[2]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 1

There are a few instances like that of episodes that seem like they ought to directly follow one another.  This seems to hold true for the spinoff series Darkwing Duck as well.  That show ran way out of order when they first aired it.  Negaduck formed the villian team to counter Darkwing Duck and Gizmoduck's team before half the characters in both teams had been introduced in thier own respective episodes yet. 

Another thing I like is the fact that certain characters or notions carry over from one series to the next.  Recall one of the comercial break eye catchers for Ducktales where Huey, Dewey and Louie dress as a mummy?  I cannot recall if they ever actually did that in any episode of Ducktales or not, but they did do that once in the old Donald Duck series of shorts.  They dress as a mummy like that at a carnival to trick thier uncle into giving them dollar coins.  It is quite humerous. 

So yes, I can see Armstrong following Back to the Klondike.  That's a good catch on your part.  Have you noticed any other instances of things that seem out of order?

HipK

[3]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 8
    Yeah, that is pretty strange. Although Armstrong came first, so I'm guessing Back to the Klondike could serve as a prequel of some sort.

In some episodes, Launchpad claims he can't swim, yet in other episodes, he swims just fine.

Also, according to Mrs. Beakley in Scrooge's Last Adventure, Scrooge thinks lunch is for wimps, yet he eats it in other episodes, like Scrooge's pet, or the movie.

BTW, Huey, Dewey and Louie dressed like a mummy in Sphinx for the Memories.

SharanMcQuack

[4]Nov 28, 2006
    • level: 11
    I think somebody at Disney thought a duck who couldn't swim was funny. Besides, it made Launchpad look stupid.

Toybox32

[5]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 2
    I re-watched the ending... Huey, Dewey, Louie, and Scrooge pan for gold, then load it onto the train. The train gets held up, but Goldie saves the day. The last scene takes place after dark, where Scrooge tells Goldie she can keep the claim, and all the gold left in it. It seems like he meant he was keeping everything he had panned, but H, D, and L are sitting on a pile of bags of gold that seems to have been unloaded from the train. But I guess it's safe to assume they ended up with a bunch of gold on the train, which ties in with the beginning of Armstrong perfectly.