DuckTales Forums

(ended 1990)

Did the episodes make you think?

MisterMatthews

[21]Dec 2, 2007
    • level: 5

The Bubba-story 'Time is money' contains major plot holes:

Scrooge goes back in time, meets Bubba, goes to his cave and makes marks with Gyro's laser-pen. Back in the present, lawyers claim Scrooge's marks mean the cave, with the diamonds is now property of Scrooge. This means he no longer has to pay Glomgold, because he already owns the mine. But later, in part 4, Glomgold urges Scrooge to pay him the millions he owns him. Huh?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SharanMcQuack

[22]Dec 3, 2007
    • level: 11

Probably Flinty found lawyers who said that if Scrooge did not pay the rest of the money on time, then Scrooge would only get the 'worthless" part and Flinty would keep the rest.

But they should of said so.

Antiyonder

[23]Dec 3, 2007
    • level: 39
    As far as the aspect of Goldie being a love interest, it seems to be intended. Whether or not they're meant to be with each other is another debate.

MisterMatthews wrote:

Scrooge goes back in time, meets Bubba, goes to his cave and makes marks with Gyro's laser-pen. Back in the present, lawyers claim Scrooge's marks mean the cave, with the diamonds is now property of Scrooge. This means he no longer has to pay Glomgold, because he already owns the mine. But later, in part 4, Glomgold urges Scrooge to pay him the millions he owns him. Huh?

If it worked with Back To The Future part 3, then it isn't that much of a problem for Ducktales.

The bit I'm refering to is that Marty goes back in time to save Doctor Brown from being shot, because he read about his death on a tombstone. He saves Doc, and the tombstone is gone, so why did Marty decide to travel to 1885?

MisterMatthews

[24]Dec 4, 2007
    • level: 5

Antiyonder wrote:
    As far as the aspect of Goldie being a love interest, it seems to be intended.

In the Barks-story, Goldie poisons Scrooge's tea and leaves him outside in the snow, after she has stolen his gold. An angry Scrooge returns to the night club where she works and forces her to give back the gold and sign a debt for the gold she had already spend. After this, he kidnaps her and takes her back to his claim, where he forces her to work for a month. Is that some strange kind of love?

You're analogy with BTTF is not right, because it's in the present, when Scrooge has already returned from the past, that lawyers state Scrooge is the rightful owner of the diamond mine because of the marks. So why then should Glomgold expect Scrooge to pay him for his own mine?

muttley123

[25]Dec 6, 2007
    • level: 6
    interesting I'll have to watch the DVD and come up with my own idea

stretchsnodgras

[26]Dec 6, 2007
    • level: 2
    MisterMatthews wrote:

In earlier episodes ("Time Teasers," "Sir Gyro de Gearloose," sort of in "Duck to the Future")Gyro already invented a "time tub," so I don't really know why he needed a completely different and more complicated machine.

The "Super DuckTales" plot has some plot holes as well. Typically, the GICU 2 is a disaster - but Scrooge demands Gyro build another robot to defeat it. In a later episode, "Metal Attraction," Scrooge is again outraged to find out that Gyro had built another robot.

Someone posted it earlier: But why does Scrooge sit back and allow Fenton to get back the lucky dime? Whenever the dime was in danger before, Scrooge was always front and centre in the search. Speaking of the dime, doesn't it seem to move around a lot? Sometimes it is in the money bin, sometimes in the mansion.

GlideMan3

[27]Dec 8, 2007
    • level: 1
    I watched "The Money Vanishes" and my head scratched about some things.

Why didn't Gyro see the Beagle Boys were the Door-to-Door Doctors? I mean they had the masks and the wanted numbers on them even though they were in disguise. Scrooge too by falling for the ad? He was on Cloud 9 to not see the Beagle Boys on TV or else people fall for disguises easily in a world of anthropomorphic animals.

What is Baggy thinking when he transported all the animals to various places? I mean a gorilla in between a couple kissing, an elephant in a hotel and a lion in a hair salon? He really is an idiot.

Why is Scrooge chasing Gyro even after the nephews told him that the Beagle Boys used Gyro's Invention? And why did he have the fantasy of his money being floated away? Gyro doesn't care about money!

I have an interesting question also, but I think it might cause some controversy and I'm tired.