DuckTales Forums

(ended 1990)

Episode airdates

Shran83

[1]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 1
    Can somebody here help me with this? I have been seeing conflicting reports regarding the original air dates and airing order of the DuckTales episodes. In most cases, it's stated that the pilot debuted on September 11, 1987, with the first regular episode being "Armstrong" and airing on September 14th. Then there are places like TV.com and UltimateDisney which state the series premiered on September 18th, that the first regular episode was "Send in the Clones" and aired on September 21st, and that the airing order followed the DVD releases. So... which one is right and where did the other list come from? Is one the airing order for certain parts of the U.S., while the other is the order for the other parts? I am very confused here...

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ScroogeMcD12345

[2]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 26

Have you read the show summary? That may clear it up. If that dosen't help then....The episode list here is listed by original air date, (which has been confirmed by the recent release on DVD) the other list you mentioned is the production order, which you have noticed is slighly different. The air dates listed here have been taken from The Wonderful World of Disney book, the air dates for season 3 and 4 are however wrong. They were copied from our old home TVToMe.com, and I cannot find and info on the air dates for those seasons.

So neither are wrong or right. I cannot comment on different parts of the U.S as I'm from the U.K, the book I mentioned above detailes the opening of the season on Sept.18. This is an official Disney release.

Edited on 11/25/2006 11:20am

Shran83

[3]Nov 26, 2006
    Okay, so the other list is in production order... so where did the airdates for that list come from? I mean, starting from "Armstrong", it goes daily (sans weekends) from September 21st onward. Is this supposed to mean that those episodes were MADE on those days? I would think it would take longer than a day to make them, so I'm assuming those dates came from elsewhere. I did read the TV.com summary prior to this, but I still needed verification as to what was official and where the other list came from. Anyways, thanks for the reply; if you have any further information regarding the production-order list and their "airdates", I would love to read it. Thanks!

ScroogeMcD12345

[4]Nov 27, 2006
    It's possibly the production list, but I have no idea where the airdates came from. They may have been guessed. The first place I saw the list was at http://www.ducktales.freeservers.com, and then another DuckTales site which has since dissapeared. Although neither site had the listed air dates. The DuckTales page at Wikipedia.com lists the episodes in productions order, but they have the production order and the air dates wrong. Wikipedia is also a user-submitted site, so I have no idea where there information came from but I would love to find out.
    Edited on 11/27/2006 7:51am

ScroogeMcD12345

[5]Nov 27, 2006
    Just to add, you ma have noticed that in the show summary at Wikipedia.com they noted that Treasure of the Golden Suns first aired on 18th Sept. but in the episodes list, they have 14th Sept. listed as first air date.

Shran83

[6]Nov 27, 2006
    Well, I was the one who changed the airdate on the Wikipedia page from September 11th to September 18th (I'm the user ThylekShran on that site), but I also added templates to the episode lists to let people know the accuracy of those lists is being disputed. There's also a discussion about it going on on the talk page for the DuckTales episodes page, under the section "Episode Order and airdates". Thanks for clarifying the thing about the production order list, though.
    Edited on 11/27/2006 4:30am

Shran83

[7]Dec 5, 2006
    Just thought I'd write in to say that I have been given a mail address for The Walt Disney Company, so in the near future here, I'll go ahead and write them and ask them where the second airdate listing came from. I'll also see if I can get correct airdates for the other Disney Afternoon shows, although that may be asking a bit much.

Wish me luck! :-P

ScroogeMcD12345

[8]Dec 6, 2006
    Well its the least they could do to put to rest all the confusion

tone-master21

[9]Dec 7, 2006
    • level: 40

After E-mailing Disney they told me to send any questions concerning show details like airdates to:

500 South Buena Vista Street

Burbank, CA 91506