DuckTales Forums

(ended 1990)

Episode Ideas (We Needs them!)

Kowloon5

[1]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 23
    Chiller Thriller: in a Wintery night, Magica De Spell tries to Scare Scrooge out of His First Dime.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SharanMcQuack

[2]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 11

How's about one of my multi-numberous fanfiction stories? Anybody out there read them and have a favorite?

My favorites are "A friend in Need" and "With a little help from my friends- and family"

Edited on 08/01/2007 1:16pm

ScroogeMcNix

[3]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 6
    Re: Your picks for 10 More Episodes of DuckTales | 07/28/2007 12:52am

(Yes already posted but more to come later.) Well it has been a long time and months since I watched any DuckTales! Well since I think there's plent yof other comic book to DuckTales adaptations that can be amde here'sten ideas!

"From Ci to Shining Ci"Part 1-7 (with different titles for each part)As the series returnsScrooge, Donald back from the Navy and the kids go on a quest to find the seven golden keys that unlock the Seven Golden Cities of Cibola! Basedloosely on the Carl Barks Seven Cities of Cibola comic book and the Begale Boys, Glomgoldand El Capitan all team up to stop the good guys!

"Hall of the Mermaid Queen" based on the Carl Barks comic where Scrooge's money washes into the ocean cavernsunder his moneybin and he and the gang must recover it from mermen and mermaids! "Son of the Sun" Based on the Don Rosa Scrooge comic debut where Scrooge and Glomgold race to the Andes to find an incan Temple and the lsot gold first!

"Treasure of the Ten Avatars" This would have made a great two parter in which Scrooge and the gang search for the treasure of Shambala. A Don Rosa comic.

"The Man from Oola Oola" Another comic story featuring Mr. Bunz a weird man from the island of Oola Oola who has a pet anteater who leaps into Scrooge's money bin and starts gobbling up the cash so Scrooge and the gang must dive in and stop it!

"Treasure Under Glass" Another Don Rosa story featuring Scrooge and the gang diving to take pics of an old sea chart in a sunken ship that shows the locations of the wrecks of many sunken ships. The catch is a glass dome is placed over the top of the shipwreck to preserve the map I think. Kinda confusing to explain right now at this late of hour lol. Barry Cuda and his sidekick are the bad guys out to get the map too.

"Guardians of the Lost Library" Another Don Rosa tale that tells the origin of the Woodchuck's Guidebook conencted to the Lost Library of Alexandria!

"Clock Mess in theNess"(my idea)Scrooge is out to prove that the Loch Ness Monster does exist because he witnessed it when he was a kid! So in order to take pics of Nessie he borrows Gyro's Freeze Timer which instea dof allowing him to freeze tiem to take pics of Nessie sends him back into the past where we learn the origins of Nessie! But how will Scrooge get back? Can a friendly Nessie family help he and the boys out?

"Cash in the Trash" (my idea) Glomgold hires the Beagle Boys to dig tunels under Scrooge's money bin with super powerpoerful drills that will send all fo Scrooge's dough to flow into the City Dump!Gyro invents a money detector vacuum but to make matters worse much fo the trash cotnainign hte money is being sent to the incinerator!

"Eggs over Sneezy" (my idea) A magic spell of Magica's causes Scrooge tocome down with the Moola Fluand lose his memory bit by bit with each sneeze! With his memory gone and Scrooge having no idea he is the richest duck in the world Magica steals his numebr one dime! Mrs. Beakley and Webby form a plot to get it back and break the Moola Flu Spell while the nephews and Donald are on vacation in Hawaii! Ty

SharanMcQuack

[4]Aug 1, 2007

Drop the "Launchpad is a moron who crashes planes' routine and I would have no problem with ANY of those.

Heck, I'd even start calling Ugly Twerp by his given name again. (Since I call him that to protest the fact "pushing" UT who DON'T sell while refusing to sell Launchpad - who could sell like hot cakes if you let him- makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.)

Edited on 08/02/2007 12:38pm
    Edited 3 total times.

GlideMan3

[5]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 1
    I had a fan fiction idea some time ago that is similar to the Transformers Movie but it involves evil vs good magicians duking it out in Duckburg. It was also inspired by the Wolfenstein Games in terms of story and magic wise.

It would more likely be a movie. It would involve evil magicians wanting to control the world through wealth and they happen to see Scrooge as one of the wealthiest. But a group of good magicians need Scrooge and the gang's help to stop them. I know I would bring back some of the bad magic users like Circe and Merlock. The good group needs some work. Keep in mind, it's just an idea.

I'm also working on a Darkwing Duck vs Predator story.

Kowloon5

[6]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 23

happy birthday, new guy. but that's a little too extreme...

Karate Ducks: Scrooge and the ang tries to Take down aCorrupt Warlord with the help of a Karate Kid.

Hamburg Hamburgers: after learning Hamburg now has the tastiest burgers in Hamurg, Germany, the nephews with lauchpad try to find out the secret to the Perfect Hamburger.

GlideMan3

[7]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 1
    Yeah, I knew it would be a little extreme. I thought the Darkwing Duck vs Predator was more extreme than that!

Kazaguruma45

[8]May 12, 2008
    • level: 19

Pyramid of Midnight: Scrooge McDuck and Launchpad go to Egypt and tries to find a which only comes at midnight and sinks when the hour is over.

SharanMcQuack

[9]May 13, 2008

Hey, I like the above idea.

Then again, I like any Ducktales story with Launchpad in it.

Especially when they don't make him look too dumb.

THAT I think is mean and stupid.

The guy SELLS.

Or he would if you let him.

Finished last story myself. Here's another I'm playing with:

Missing In Action
    By Sharan McQuack

With a sort of thanks to Q Illespont, author of "OPPOSITE RECIPROCAL", for giving me the idea for this story and may you never need Launchpad's help. Even if he'd give it to you, anyway.

One early spring afternoon, Launchpad and I were puttering around in our vegetable garden in our back yard. We were trying to decide what we should plant and how much of each we should plant.

Then Littleduck, agent of SHUSH appeared out of nowhere. "Excuse me, Agent Double O Duck..." he began.

"YOU again? I keep telling you, I'm NOT an agent!" Launchpad said.

"Perhaps not. But your father is. (1) He went on a mission for us and has not reported back in three days. Frankly, we're getting worried." Littleduck said.

"I just spoke to Dad.....last week." Launchpad replied, realizing Time had gone and slipped by him as it does when your are busy.

"Ripcord never told you that his Air Show is also a 'cover'...that he often helped us uncover nasty going-ons at small airfields?" Littleduck asked.

"I knew he's worked for SHUSH....and I quit working for his airshow because just making people forget their problems for awhile wasn't enough for me! I wanted to do something real! That fiasco with the pig was just an excuse!" (2) Launchpad said.

"Your father knew how important it was to you to get out from under his shadow. I thought he might have told you the whole truth by now." Littleduck said.

Meanwhile, what IS my father-in-law (3) Ripcord up to? It seems that FOWL has captured SHUSH agents and was holding them in a secret prison. Ripcord found the prison by accident and palmed himself off as a new FOWL recruit in order to try and free the prisoners. But there were too many REAL FOWL agents. Ripcord learned the ins-and-outs of the prison well enough to plan an escape plan, but he needed help to make it work. He did not dare report back to SHUSH, not without risking blowing his cover. Ripcord did not dare leave, lest FOWL get suspicious. Ripcord was stuck.

Back to my Launchpad. "Do you know where my father was, when you last heard from him?" Launchpad asked Littleduck.

That's the strange thing. He had finished the mission we sent him out on. He did report seeing a strange group of buildings, some complex that is not supposed to be there. And that's the last we heard from him." Littleduck replied.

"Where exactly was he then? And what this about buildings that aren't supposed to be there?" Launchpad asked.

"I can tell you exactly where he last reported from. But the buildings he he saw are not supposed to be there. There is no record of anybody building anything there and it's off the beaten track, so if something is there, we don't know about it." Littleduck said.

"If Dad said he saw buildings, he must of. Tell me where he was, and I'll go there and look around." Launchpad said.

So Littleduck told Launchpad all he knew about Ripcord's last call in.

"Sharan..." Launchpad began.
    I gave him a hug. "You be careful. I love you. Go rescue your Dad and bring him- and you- back in one piece, OK?" I said. And then he kissed me.
    I knew he's worked for SHUSH....and I quit working for his airshow because just making people forget their problems for awhile wasn't enough for me! I wanted to do something real! That fiasco with the pig was just an excuse!" (2) Launchpad said.

"Your father knew how important it was to you to get out from under his shadow. I thought he might have told you the whole truth by now." Littleduck said.

Meanwhile, what IS my father-in-law (3) Ripcord up to? It seems that FOWL has captured SHUSH agents and was holding them in a secret prison. Ripcord found the prison by accident and palmed himself off as a new FOWL recruit in order to try and free the prisoners. But there were too many REAL FOWL agents. Ripcord learned the ins-and-outs of the prison well enough to plan an escape plan, but he needed help to make it work. He did not dare report back to SHUSH, not without risking blowing his cover. Ripcord did not dare leave, lest FOWL get suspicious. Ripcord was stuck.

Back to my Launchpad. "Do you know where my father was, when you last heard from him?" Launchpad asked Littleduck.

"That's the strange thing. He had finished the mission we sent him out on. He did report seeing a strange group of buildings, some complex that is not supposed to be there. And that's the last we heard from him." Littleduck replied.

"Where exactly was he then? And what this about buildings that aren't supposed to be there?" Launchpad asked.

"I can tell you exactly where he last reported from. But the buildings he he saw are not supposed to be there. There is no record of anybody building anything there and it's off the beaten track, so if something is there, we don't know about it." Littleduck said.

"If Dad said he saw buildings, he must of. Tell me where he was, and I'll go there and look around." Launchpad said.

So Littleduck told Launchpad all he knew about Ripcord's last call in.

"Sharan..." Launchpad began.
    I gave him a hug. "You be careful. I love you. Go rescue your Dad and bring him- and you- back in one piece, OK?" I said. And then he kissed me.

So Launchpad went to his hanger and took out his most ordinary looking plane, there must be a zillion other planes visually identical to it. And he flew the plane to Ripcord's last recorded location.

He landed the plane as close to the cooridiates as posible and went to snoop around.

Launchpad soon found the buildings, but he knows that being sneaking is not exactly his strong suit. It's hard to be inconspiculous when you're as big as Launchpad is. So he decided to bleep with the shilly-shaying (also definetely NOT his strong suit) and try to bluff his way in.

He grabbed a hard hat and a clip board with a check list on it. Launchpad went right up to the gate of the building and starting writing importantly. He took out a cell phone and started talking to nobody.

"I'm telling you, there a whole bunch of buildings here! Yeah, I KNOW there isn't supposed to be anything here...How do I know how they got here?" Launchpad asked no one. "How am I supposed to survey this area for the new highway we're putting thru here if you're giving me inaccurate information?"(4)

Naturally, the FOWL agents overheard him and thought somebody was building a highway right thru there secret complex. They went to their superiors to report this.

They started arguing about what to do. "Why don't we just kill him? Plenty of no place to dump the body!" one bad guy asked.

"Nah! Wouldn't do any good! Whoever sent him would send somebody else!"another said.

"Why don't we convince him we're the good guys? That this is a top-secret prison for bad guys run by the government?" RIPCORD suggested.

"OK, YOU do that. You're the new guy around here, so prove yourself. If youse can convince him that this is a secret jail for very bad people so he goes away and keeps his yap shut, THEN maybe we'll trust you." head bad guy said.

Praying that Launchpad would not automatically greet him with "Dad" or "Father", Ripcord approached Launchpad, with a finger on his "lip". And grabbed Launchpad by his lip, like he did back in "Top Duck" (5)when he saw that Launchpad was about to do so anyway.

To be continued...

(1) At this, my Launchpad's ample chin hit the floor.

(2)"Top Duck"

OK, what happened was this: some pigs escaped from their pen. While the animal handler was chasing them, the cow Launchpad was supposed to "rustle" ate thru her rope and wandered off. One of the preforementioned pigs saw the food left to keep the cow on it's "mark" (the cow had tried this trick before)and went to eat it.

Enter Launchpad in his plane, flying fairly fast. He sees a large brown animal standing right where the cow should of been and "rustles" it...only it's a pig. Boy, did he look SILLY!
    One of those days, I guess.

(3) Or "Da", as I call him.

(4) Launchpad's learned a thing or two hanging around Mr. McDee all these years.
    Launchpad got this idea from Mr. McD "snowing" the Beagle Boy by pretending to be a tax assessor in "Super Ducktales"

(5) Towards the end of the story, where it was the only way Ripcord could get Launchpad to quit putting himself down long enough to tell Launchpad how proud he, Ripcord, was of my Launchpad. Thanks, Da.

Any suggestions because I'm stuck?

Edited on 06/07/2008 12:36pm
    Edited 16 total times.

Simbaholic

[10]Jul 4, 2012
    • level: 2

I like ScroogeMcNix's idea of making an episode based on Guardians of the Lost Library. I also think it would be a good idea to make an episode of Don Rosa'sThe Universal Solvent.