DuckTales Forums

(ended 1990)

I just bought Uncle Scrooge # 266 on ebay!

SharanMcQuack

[1]Oct 27, 2007
    • level: 11

Having found out that there was a Ducktales story with Launchpad in it in Uncle Scrooge #266, I bought one on ebay.

I didn't like the story for the usual reason (like I have to TELL you what ticks me off at this point?), I plan to have fun rewriting it.

It was appearly a precurser to "Treasure Of the Lost Lamp."

Just wanted to show I put my money where my mouth is. (And if Disney wrote Ducktales stories I actually LIKE, I'd buy more and pay more!)

Edited on 10/27/2007 2:28pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SharanMcQuack

[2]Nov 14, 2007

By the way, Disney, you SHOULD reread this issue. Not only did you diss Launchpad something awful in "The Lost Pyramid" but in "The Money Ocean" you praise Ugly Twerp (who isn't even IN the story) to the skys!

Not that both isn't "par for the course".

[

Edited on 11/20/2007 7:26am
    Edited 4 total times.

legion7901

[3]Nov 17, 2007
    • level: 2

Disney doesn't have to re-read anything. They can treat Launchpad however they want. The character was conceived as a loveable, foolhardy dunce, and that's how they've always used him.

Your complaints are really getting played out, Sharon.

Antiyonder

[4]Nov 17, 2007
    • level: 39
    legion7901 wrote:

Disney doesn't have to re-read anything. They can treat Launchpad however they want. The character was conceived as a loveable, foolhardy dunce, and that's how they've always used him.

While I tire of them too, I do admit Sharon is entitled to her complaint of Launchpad. What I suggest, is that you make a thread for the sole purpose of complaining about Disney. Then whenever you feel the need to comment on Disney on their treatment of Launchpad, you can post it there rather than posting it in other threads.

Call it "Love Launchpad, Diss Disney".

GlideMan3

[5]Nov 18, 2007
    • level: 1
    Is this complaint of Disney making Launchpad an idiot because Launchpad didn't get his own series? (Wikipedia states that Tale Spin was originally supposed to have Launchpad as the protagonist owning an air cargo service)

legion7901

[6]Nov 18, 2007
    • level: 2

Despite the fact that Launchpad was a major recurring character in one highly popular series, was considered for a lead role in another, and became the sidekick to the title character in yet another...despite all this....Sharon thinks Disney hates Launchpad for some strange reason. Like they have a vendetta against the character. If anything it could be said that Disney likes him a whole lot, since they kept reusing him. Hell, Launchpad was spotted by me at Walt Disney World as late as 2002. Don't remember the last time I've seen any costumed characters from that era aside from those from classic movies and shorts.

Sharon, you have no argument whatsoever. And quit knocking the Barks comics. They're classics.

SharanMcQuack

[7]Nov 19, 2007

[QUOTE="legion7901"]

BECAUSE OF the fact that Launchpad was a major recurring character in one highly popular series, was considered for a lead role in another, and Disney DID NOT DO that but created somebody new to AVOID doing that. Turned Baloo into a pilot to AVOID doing so.

And the fact they considered making him the hero of his own show TWICE doesn't prove others consider him hero material?

BECAUSE OF THE FACT Launchpad became the SIDEKICK to the title character in yet another...despite all this....Sharon thinks Disney hates Launchpad for some strange reason. Like they have a vendetta against the character.

LIKE THEY COULD OF SOLD LAUNCHPAD AND KEPT AVOIDING DOING SO. Like they kept inventing new characters like Bubba and Gizmoduck and DW to AVOID doing so. Like they kept trying to turn old characters into something they ain't to AVOID doing so.

Don't know why. I harbor suspicions.

It's not MY fault people don't 'get" that I LOVE Disney. Too much to humor it and tell it lies. Too much to watch it making the same mistake, over and over, (pushing dorks that don't sell while refusing to sell goodlooking guys who do)...without saying something. I try to tell the TRUTH. Even if that means criziting them. That's what friends do.

The trouble is, when the Good Lord was passing out Tact and Dipomacy, I was on line for a sense of humor. Four times. It comes in handy, but I definetly should of gotten some tact and dipomacy, too.

You saw "Launchpad " back in 2003? No one else from the "80's? Just from EARLIER. Or Later. WHY?

I'm starting to feel like the Gelfling from "The Dark Crystal" . Trying to put back a missing piece, fix something that went wrong.

(does that sound like somebody who hates you, Disney?)

I have no problem with the Carl Barks stories. I don't care for them, so I won't buy them. YOU can, of course. I just think Disney should sell BOTH.
    Edited on 11/24/2007 7:43am
    Edited 9 total times.

SharanMcQuack

[8]Nov 20, 2007
    legion7901 wrote:

Disney doesn't have to re-read anything. They can treat Launchpad however they want.

Of course they CAN. And I don't have to buy it.

The character was conceived as a loveable, foolhardy dunce, and that's how they've always used him.

Too bad he morphed into a True Hero without permisssion and they point blank refused to take advantage of the fact but kept trying to turn him back into the dope they needed him to be so badly.

Tough. So don't read my threads.

Edited on 11/20/2007 7:52am