DuckTales Forums

(ended 1990)

I will remove this if too many people squack

SharanMcQuack

[1]Dec 11, 2007
    • level: 11

Earth- Launchpad

or The Disney Universe- my way.

Launchpad and I are married, natch. I'm a female duck two years younger than Launchpad, there.

Mr. McD struck in rich in the Klondyke "about 50 years ago", which is when gold was first discovered there. Think about it. The Klondyke isn't exactly crowded with people, the weather stinks...how much would it of taken for it's gold to go undiscovered for another 50 to 100 years? One river not existing or running a different course? ( I think gold was first found in a river, there.)

After that, he got into selling mining equiptment to miners, since the only sure way to get rich in a gold rush is be the one selling picks and shovels. But you need some money to buy them with.

Mr. McD married Goldie about52 years ago and Donald is their son.( 30 ish) Goldie is somewhat younger than Mr. McD. (Guess who isn't good at math?) Mr. McD is in his 70's.

Donald married Daisy about 12 years ago, HDL are their sons. (You have to admit, this would be neater and easier.)

Edited on 12/13/2007 7:12am
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GlideMan3

[2]Dec 11, 2007
    • level: 1
    It would be interesting as a "What If?" scenario or alternate realities like the Marvel "What If" stories or DC Elseworlds. Although when would Goldie have Donald? 60 is a little old to be having a kid.

Would you be an anthropomorphic duck in this one? I'd be a dog.

They did do Donald marrying Daisy in some Italian comic if I remember correctly. HDL were always like sons to Donald.

stretchsnodgras

[3]Dec 12, 2007
    • level: 2
    That would be interesting as an alternate reality.

How about making Gladstone Donald's brother (and Scrooge and Goldie's son).

That would be a riot - the conflict between hardworking Scrooge, and his lazy lucky son. It would also keep the ol' comic rivalry between Gladstone and Donald over Scrooge's fortune.

SharanMcQuack

[4]Dec 12, 2007

That could be fun. Gladstone could always be causing trouble for Donald and Daisy. He could be Donald's younger brother and was spoiled rotten....

disney could make it an ongoing alternate reality, like Earth-one, Earth-two and Earth -s used to be.

(places I would like to seen 'rebooted".)
    Edited on 12/12/2007 10:38am
    Edited 2 total times.

GlideMan3

[5]Dec 12, 2007
    Earth-One sort of like the various universes Marvel and DC has. I actually had some fan-fic ideas once.

Antiyonder

[6]Dec 13, 2007
    • level: 39
    Could explain Ducktales as occuring on Earth-D. Of course, you can't forget about the Earth in which the events of the Uncle Scrooge stories are fiction (Earth-Prime).

GlideMan3

[7]Dec 16, 2007
    You know, some fan fiction writer did a fan fiction TMNT with all of the Turtle universes met each other. It was interesting in one part seeing the Mirage Leonardo (the TMNT stories where they killed Shredder off right away and all of the Turtles had tails and wore red bandanas) cutting off Rocksteady's hand in that story.

This could be an interesting story, seeing the Scrooge of Barks's, Rosa's and Ducktales all meeting and then fighting with each other.

It could be like Crisis on Infinite Earths but in Disney style.

SharanMcQuack

[8]Dec 17, 2007

That strikes me as remarkably pointless, why should one dimension Mr. McD fight another or be stronger than another?

(I would like to see a Crisis that ends with Earth -2 and Earth-s begin rebooted, maybe as endless loop universe that go thur different versions of the same years (WWII for Earth 2, 1948-1953 for Earth-s) but that'sDC not disney.)

GlideMan3

[9]Dec 18, 2007
    It was just a dumb idea Sharan. I just thought it would be interesting.

Maybe if any Disney writer decides to do something like that, have the various Scrooges meet.

SharanMcQuack

[10]Dec 19, 2007
    How about all the 'bad guys" from the various dimensionsTRY to work together,(after a lot of pointless fighting)but can't because they don't trust even "themselves" and they keep trying to double-cross themselves, and the good guys lick 'em because they CAN work together and trust each other?
    Edited on 12/19/2007 11:52am

GlideMan3

[11]Dec 22, 2007
    Good point Sharan. It would be interesting the Flintheart from South Africa trying to work with the Scottish Flintheart. It would be a treat to see the individualized Beagle Boys working with the Beagle Boys that look the same.

Antiyonder

[12]Dec 26, 2007
    • level: 39
    As a friendly competition, I could see the different versions of Scrooge trying to determine which of them is richest.

SharanMcQuack

[13]Dec 26, 2007

Hopefully NOT by weighting their money as Mr. McD and Flinty did .

That made NO sense whatsoever as nickels weight more than dimes and dollar bills weigh the same as hundred dollar bills.