DuckTales Forums

(ended 1990)

New Cartoon DVDS

SharanMcQuack

[1]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 11

Ok, now I'm MAD. I was in barnes and noble the other day, and I saw some NEW cartoon Disney DVDS of HDL, of Donald and of Goofy.

WHY does Disney think these will sell ( a fact I am NOT disputing *) but new Ducktales DVD would NOT Sell?

(*Why should I care? They could sell BOTH.)

Edited on 01/02/2008 10:04am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tone-master21

[2]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 40

The cartoon shorts on the DVDs are not new they are older shorts.

Are these the DVDs you saw?

ScroogeMcD12345

[3]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 26
    SharanMcQuack wrote:

Ok, now I'm MAD. I was in barnes and noble the other day, and I saw some NEW cartoon Disney DVDS of HDL, of Donald and of Goofy.

WHY does Disney think these will sell ( a fact I am NOT disputing *) but new Ducktales DVD would NOT Sell?

(*Why should I care? They could sell BOTH.)

There are selling both!

SharanMcQuack

[4]Jan 3, 2008

Yup, that's them. You're right, in THIS case they ARE selling both!

Sorry for jumping to conclusions like that.

Edited on 01/03/2008 7:51am

GlideMan3

[5]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 1
    I've watched some of the shorts with Donald and HDL. Man, are they funny them giving Donald hell. My favorite is "Donald's Golf Game" and "Mr. Duck Steps Out".

Donald Duck is my all-time favorite character.

SharanMcQuack

[6]Jan 4, 2008

Are these "reruns" of Quack Pak and Goof Troup, which Disney could hardly get people to watch for free on tv that they expect people to pay good money for?

I hope that works out for them.

tone-master21

[7]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 40
    SharanMcQuack wrote:

Are these "reruns" of Quack Pak and Goof Troup, which Disney could hardly get people to watch for free on tv that they expect people to pay good money for?

I hope that works out for them.

No, they are not episodes of Quack Pack or Goof Troop.

GlideMan3

[8]Jan 15, 2008
    These are the shorts Disney made back during the period of the 1930's I think.

They're fun to watch, Huey, Dewey and Louie made their first appearances here. The first short they were on is "Donald's Nephews". I love watching the old ones where they'd spar with Donald, it was quite funny to watch.

SharanMcQuack

[9]Jan 17, 2008
    GlideMan3 wrote:
    These are the shorts Disney made back during the period of the 1930's I think.

But it is FAR too late to create back ducktales two. After all, Ducktales was WAY back in the 1980's.

Sigh. ILLOGICAL ILLOGICAL. PLEASE EXPLAIN.

They're fun to watch, Huey, Dewey and Louie made their first appearances here. The first short they were on is "Donald's Nephews". I love watching the old ones where they'd spar with Donald, it was quite funny to watch.

legion7901

[10]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 2

My god, Sharon. Your ignorance knows no bounds. I refuse to believe your this stupid.

The original Disney cartoons of the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s are classics and that have absolutely stood the test of time. These have Walt's own personal stamp on them and they were made by the best artists and animators of Hollywood's golden age. These cartoons helped to make the Disney company what they are today and gave the world such cartoon superstars as Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto, Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck, Pete, the nephews, Chip and Dale...I could go on. These cartoons were the first, and are still the best. Disney has always been pround of these cartoons, it's their heritage.

Ducktales was popular in it's day, and there's no denying it was an important television show. But it's nowhere near the level of Disney's classic theatrical shorts. Disney has no intention of bringing back Ducktales, just like they have no intention of bringing back Rescue Rangers, Gummi Bears, Talespin or Darkwing Duck. But they have released all that stuff on DVD, so at least they're not ignoring these series completely, or trying to make like they don't exist - which is what you seem to be insinuating.

Seriously Sharon, you haven't a bloody clue as to what your talking about.

Edited on 01/17/2008 3:24pm

SharanMcQuack

[11]Jan 18, 2008

Friend, I must of watched some of those cartoons on "The Wonderful World of Color' on our old black and white TV. I understand why people would want to share them with their kids and grandkids. They are wonderful cartoons.

But there IS an 80's craze currently going on (Care Bears, My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake) and I don't get why Disney is allowing the grass to grow under their feet. disney seemed to be consiontrating too much on the Old and the New and forgetting the Middle.

legion7901 wrote:

My god, Sharon.

It's SharAn Mr. I-don't- know- how- to -read. My sainted mother couldn't spell worth beans, neither.

Your ignorance knows no bounds. I refuse to believe your this stupid.

And I can't believe you are so angry at nothing. I am NOT disputing those OLD cartoons worth. I'm just pointing out a flaw in Disney's "logic".

The origi

nal Disney cartoons of the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s are classics and that have absolutely stood the test of time. These have Walt's own personal stamp on them and they were made by the best artists and animators of Hollywood's golden age. These cartoons helped to make the Disney company what they are today and gave the world such cartoon superstars as Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto, Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck, Pete, the nephews, Chip and Dale...I could go on. These cartoons were the first, and are still the best. Disney has always been pround of these cartoons, it's their heritage.

Who said it WASN'T? I never said any such thing. I just said I don't understand why they can't do BOTH.

Ducktales was popular in it's day, and there's no denying it was an important television show. But it's nowhere near the level of Disney's classic theatrical shorts.

It's NOT a contest, stupid. They're put out by the SAME PEOPLE. Why is Disney acting as if WB put out Ducktales?

Disney has no intention of bringing back Ducktales,

Why the bleep not?

just like they have no intention of bringing back Rescue Rangers, Gummi Bears, Talespin or Darkwing Duck.

Why should they? They were no place as popular as Ducktales. Not even in the same ballpark, althought Disney wanted it otherwise.

But they have released all that stuff on DVD, so at least they're not ignoring these series completely, or trying to make like they don't exist - which is what you seem to be insinuating.

Seriously Sharon, you haven't a bloody clue as to what your talking about.

You are very rude and I wish I understood why this makes you so mad.

Edited on 01/19/2008 7:31am
    Edited 6 total times.

GlideMan3

[12]Jan 22, 2008
    [QUOTE="SharanMcQuack"][QUOTE="GlideMan3"]These are the shorts Disney made back during the period of the 1930's I think.

But it is FAR too late to create back ducktales two. After all, Ducktales was WAY back in the 1980's.

I didn't say anything about Ducktales 2 being created. I was just mentioning these were the shorts Disney made during the 1930's.

Sigh. ILLOGICAL ILLOGICAL. PLEASE EXPLAIN.

I was just saying they're fun to watch. Don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say.

SharanMcQuack

[13]Jan 23, 2008

I put words YOU didn't say it YOUR mouth? Ha, ha ha! What did YOU do to ME, bud? All I said is those cartoon were old- and that just to point out the flaw in Disney logic. I never dissed them.

Look you're right about this much: Disney is NOT going to bring back Ducktales. And if they DID, they'd just make Launchpad look dumb again. I'd rather they not bring it back at all then have to put up with THAT again. So just forget I ever said anything.

Edited on 01/24/2008 7:49am

SharanMcQuack

[14]Feb 9, 2008

STRAYING OFF TOPIC ALERT!

I OWE DISNEY AN APOLOGY!

When I said 3D movies did not sell too well, even in the '50's, I assumed erronously that new 3D disney movies were done "old school". You know, goofy paper glasses, still looks lame?

Turns out movies like "Hannah Montana" are done modern 'IMAX" style, only somebody ELSE must hold the "patent" on the term "IMAX".

You might want to make it clearer in ads for these movies that you're NOT talking "goofy glasses, still looks lame" 3D, Disney. I can't be the ONLY one who jumped to that conclusion.

And I'm sorry.

END OF STRAYING OFF TOPIC ALERT!

Edited on 02/11/2008 9:40am