DuckTales Forums

(ended 1990)

"Robot Robbers" is not a favorite episode...

ScroogeMcNix

[1]Mar 27, 2006
    • level: 6
    This episode doesn't make a lot of sense in the fact that Gyro and Launchpad are working for Glomgold in this episode. Is it that they don't have much of an idea of how bad this guy is (YET)??? That can be the only explanation I think of. Glomgold doesn't quite appear to be as mean as he is in other episodes.
    It doesn't make sense that this episode has a different voice for Burger. He sounds more like Bouncer. The only time he sounds like himself is when he and the giant robot gets shocked by the high voltage: "Oooooh! Woooooo! Oooooh! Wooooooo! Ooooh!"
    This episode seems slower when compared to others too. It is strong in its humor and funny lines but drags with the action. It justseemed to go on too long before getting to the attack on the Money Bin! The ending is nice though but I doubt that this episode will ever be a favorite!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SharanMcQuack

[2]Mar 27, 2006
    • level: 11
    [This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
    Edited on 03/28/2006 2:01am
    Edited 2 total times.

ScroogeMcD12345

[3]Mar 28, 2006
    • level: 26
    Well I suppose everyones gotta make money

Glomgold was certainly a character I thoiught we should have seen more of. I would have loved a flashback show involving both youthfull Scrooge and Flintheart, and they start to their feud
    Edited on 03/28/2006 2:03am

ScroogeMcNix

[4]Mar 28, 2006
    ScroogeMcD12345 wrote:
    Well I suppose everyones gotta make money

Glomgold was certainly a character I thoiught we should have seen more of. I would have loved a flashback show involving both youthfull Scrooge and Flintheart, and they start to their feud

Later on they realize how bad Glomgold is in The Firefly Fruit Contest. He constantly cheats and tries to ruin Scrooge so he can win the glowing fruit from breaking out the Beagle Boys to steal Scrooge's money from his bin, attacking his money carrying ships with a killer whale sub, and using the Beagle Boys again to cut the flying Atlantis island loose and prevent Scrooge's money from reaching the scales. That is the first story that really brings out Glomgold's personality!!!!

If DuckTales: The Movie would have been more successful maybe the series would have lasted a little longer and we would have gotten to see a Glomgold origins story. If you want a modern comic book debut feud try to find "The Second Richest Duck" by Carl Barks!!! The actual Glomgold origins comic is either a part of "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" by Don Rosa or an extra chapter that came after the main twelve!!!!!!

ScroogeMcD12345

[5]Mar 28, 2006
    I think the movie the could have been as successful as possible, but Disney would still have cut the show after 100 epiosdes, unfortunatly

SharanMcQuack

[6]Mar 28, 2006
    WHY was my thread delected? I did not curse or anything.

I liked Ugly Twerp originally. Disney promoted him until I was so sick and tired of him I can no longer bear to mention his name without wanting to puke. Which isn't HIS fault and I'm TRYING not to be mad at him.

He reminds me of this High School science teacher I had once named Mr. Kahn- nice enough guy, but all his students walked all over him with kleats.

If you insists on deleting this again, go right ahead:

I Still think UT took that job with Flinty cause Mr. McD don't pay him enough and Launchpad took job with Flinty to spy on him. Launchpad wanted to find out what Flinty was up to and this way he could circle the area without flinty smelling a rat- and Flinty would PAY Launchpad for it.

What's so objectable about that?
    Edited on 03/28/2006 8:21am
    Edited 2 total times.

ScroogeMcD12345

[7]Mar 29, 2006
    No, but you are continually repeating yourself in too many threads

ScroogeMcNix

[8]Mar 29, 2006
    SharanMcQuack wrote:
    WHY was my thread delected? I did not curse or anything.

I liked Ugly Twerp originally. Disney promoted him until I was so sick and tired of him I can no longer bear to mention his name without wanting to puke. Which isn't HIS fault and I'm TRYING not to be mad at him.

He reminds me of this High School science teacher I had once named Mr. Kahn- nice enough guy, but all his students walked all over him with kleats.

If you insists on deleting this again, go right ahead:

I Still think UT took that job with Flinty cause Mr. McD don't pay him enough and Launchpad took job with Flinty to spy on him. Launchpad wanted to find out what Flinty was up to and this way he could circle the area without flinty smelling a rat- and Flinty would PAY Launchpad for it.

What's so objectable about that?

****Sorry if I sound rude but Sharan please stick to the subject and quit complaining and taking away from the meaning of this topic. if you have problems just ask the moderator. Please others stay on topic which is "Robot Robbers" and not Sharan McQuack.

ScroogeMcD12345

[9]Mar 29, 2006
    Just so you know, I do have the power to delete or edit threads. I do not like doing this, but as I am the Editor for DT, it is my duty to moderate this forum

Please read this thread in the Mods forum, which explains forum rules

As I'm sure you know, lots of show forums have a few tagged threads pinning out rules, this isn't really releavent for DuckTales as we only have a small amount of people that post here. I'm just trying to keep this a happy and efficient place
    Edited on 03/29/2006 12:26pm

SharanMcQuack

[10]Mar 31, 2006
    SPOILER ALERT!

Re :Trivial question.

Robot Robbers was the sequel to Armstrong. I don't remember the high priest name from "Spinx for the memories".

ScroogeMcNix

[11]Apr 1, 2006
    SharanMcQuack wrote:
    SPOILER ALERT!

Re :Trivial question.

Robot Robbers was the sequel to Armstrong. I don't remember the high priest name from "Spinx for the memories".

Sharan post your answers under the trivia section. Thanks!

SharanMcQuack

[12]Apr 1, 2006
    I didn't know the answer to part two and I wanted to give somebody ELSE a chance to get BOTH parts right.

weezie_Y

[13]Apr 10, 2006
    • level: 19
    I didn't like "Robot Robbers" either. One big reason is that the nephews didn't appear in the episode. Come to think of it, any episode without the nephews wasn't that great.

ScroogeMcD12345

[14]Apr 11, 2006
    Thats true, also the animation was strangely different

ScroogeMcNix

[15]Apr 11, 2006
    ScroogeMcD12345 wrote:
    Thats true, also the animation was strangely different

What was so different about the animation???

I didn't even think about the nephews not being in the episode. You're right though weezie because mostly the best episodes had the nephews!

Edited on 04/11/2006 5:36am
    Edited 2 total times.

ScroogeMcD12345

[16]Apr 11, 2006
    The animation seemed to drawn differently, like they did for the second series, Like for instance we see different camera angles, Hard to point out what, but if you watch 'Armstrong' then 'Robot Robbers' it seems very different

HipK

[17]Apr 17, 2006
    • level: 8
    Technicalities aside, I actually enjoyed Robot Robbers a fair bit. The only things that bugged me was the lack of Huey, Dewey and Louie, and Burger sounding like Bouncer.

As for drawn differently, watch Down and Out in Duckburg, then any other episode, and you'll see an obvious difference in style.

ScroogeMcNix

[18]Apr 21, 2006
    HipK wrote:
    Technicalities aside, I actually enjoyed Robot Robbers a fair bit. The only things that bugged me was the lack of Huey, Dewey and Louie, and Burger sounding like Bouncer.

As for drawn differently, watch Down and Out in Duckburg, then any other episode, and you'll see an obvious difference in style.

I'm glad you mentioned that about Down and Out because I noticed the different animation too. That episode was the only one I know of so far that was created by Burbank Studios. That episode was also when the episodes got much better!!!

MisterMatthews

[19]Aug 19, 2008
    • level: 5
    I liked the original comic far better, because it had a satirical layer the 'Duck Tales'-episode lacked. In the comicbook version (written and drawn by the late Carl Barks) the giant robots are invented at the request of the Major of Duckburg, because they can help guard the city. But then the Beagle Boys take over the robots to crack Scrooge's money bin. The police force of Duckburg repeatedly wants to do everything it can to stop the robots, but they are prevented from this time after time by the Major, who thinks the robots were far too expensive to be damaged by the police. The Major even thinks it's better for the Beagle Boys to steal Scrooge's money, than damaging the robots, because Scrooge 'has enough money already'. The Major is clearly corrupt in this story. Only after one of the robots picks him up and throws him in the mud, he orders the police to do everything they can to destroy the robots.