DuckTales Forums

(ended 1990)

Scrooge's Quest

SharanMcQuack

[1]Nov 17, 2006
    • level: 11

look at this:http://www.amazon.com/Disneys-DuckTales-Marv-Wolfman-Scrooges/dp/1888472839/sr=8-20/qid=1163782778/ref=sr_1_20/002-7810345-2114447?ie=UTF8&s=books!

Sorry about that. My temper gets the better of me sometimes. Should of read the ad more carefully. This is a reprint of Disney's Ducktales comic books. Launchpad SHOULD be in it (he should also be mentioned in the ad) if they did not edit him out of it, like they did in "Secret City Under the Sea" . Which was "Aquaducks" sans Launchpad.

Edited on 11/18/2006 8:09am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HipK

[2]Nov 17, 2006
    • level: 8
    Woah. Someone's actually making a NEW DuckTales story? Didn't see that coming. Still, the fact that somebody is up to the challenge is better than nothing.

ScroogeMcNix

[3]Nov 17, 2006
    • level: 6
    It's not a new story but a reprint of a DuckTales comic book multiparter originally from 1990. I have not read any of the DuckTales comics unfortuantely but I would like to own all of them some day. There's still plenty out there on E-Bay! That's where I've gotten a lot of my Scrooge comics in the last few years!

Toybox32

[4]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 2
    I used to read the Carl Barks and Don Rosa comics that Ducktales was based off when I was a kid. There were some GREAT stories... My favorite has to be the one where Scrooge and Donald end up in a strange land where everything is cube-shaped (The birds even lay cube-shaped eggs), and circles are forbidden. I wish they would have made a Ducktales episode based off that story.

ScroogeMcNix

[5]Nov 19, 2006
    • level: 6
    Toybox32 wrote:
    I used to read the Carl Barks and Don Rosa comics that Ducktales was based off when I was a kid. There were some GREAT stories... My favorite has to be the one where Scrooge and Donald end up in a strange land where everything is cube-shaped (The birds even lay cube-shaped eggs), and circles are forbidden. I wish they would have made a Ducktales episode based off that story.
    That comic is called "Lost in the Andes" though I've never read it. Do you know that the sunken city and the fish-frog people in "Aqua Ducks" (part 3 of Catch As Cash Can) are modeled after the Carl Barks comic "The Secret of Atlantis" originally called "The Sunken City" from 1954??? I still think that Don Rosa's "Son of the Sun" is partially where "Treasure of the Golden Suns" came from!!! there's too many similarites between the show and the comic!!!

MisterMatthews

[6]Dec 27, 2006
    • level: 5
    Toybox32 wrote:

'Duck Tales' was based on the stories by Carl Barks, but not on Don Rosa-stories. The story you mention, where *Scrooge* ends up in Plain Awful (the square egg-valley) as well, was done by Rosa and was called 'Return to Plain Awful' and was a sequel to 'Lost in the Andes' by Barks.

I'm 99% positive 'Treasure of the Golden Suns' wasn't based on the Don Rosa-comic 'Son of the Sun'. The only similarity between the comics is a golden temple in a south-American country. Besides, Rosa was only starting working for Disney with that story in 1987, when Duck Tales first came out.