DuckTales Forums

(ended 1990)

to stretchsnodgras who requested a story with Gladstone Gander in it...

SharanMcQuack

[1]Jul 21, 2007
    • level: 11
    I just wrote one on fanfiction called "Where is the LUCK?". Tell me what you think, It probably has too much Launchpad and too little Gladstone for YOUR tastes, if you can think of how I could "flesh out" Gladstone's part, I'll try to obilige you.
    Edited on 07/26/2007 1:29pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MisterMatthews

[2]Jul 25, 2007
    • level: 5
    The key to writing Gladstone is not only that he's lucky *most* of the time, but he's also a bum. He's always trying to get something good for himself out of a situation in which others are unlucky. He is hated by virtually everybody in Duckburg because of his luck. Only his family tolerates him. Sometimes, he competes with Donald over the affection of Daisy, but he is not *really* interested in her, he only wants to disgrace Donald. He is really an opportunist.

stretchsnodgras

[4]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 2
    I liked the story, as well as most of your stories - although I don't comment on every one.

I like Launchpad, one of my favourite episodes include "Double O' Duck" - just because the weird crossover I wrote (if you call that writing) had him crash a lot doesn't mean I have some sort of weird vendetta against him.

SharanMcQuack

[5]Sep 12, 2007
    Then how's about writting a Ducktales story in which Launchpad flys the plane right and isn't a moron?

MisterMatthews

[6]Sep 12, 2007

SharanMcQuack wrote:
    Then how's about writting a Ducktales story in which Launchpad flys the plane right and isn't a moron?

But Launchpad IS a moron!

SharanMcQuack

[7]Sep 13, 2007

Why is that so important to you? I honestly believe Disney could make mucha lira if they brought back Ducktales and dropped the "Launchpad is a morn" routine. Couldn't hurt to try it, just to shut me up.

Other Disney characters have been changed to make money, have evoled thur time.

PLEASE don't tell a Ducktales stright to DVD movie would NOT make enough money to justify it's existance.

Edited on 09/13/2007 7:55am

MisterMatthews

[8]Sep 13, 2007

SharanMcQuack wrote:
    Why is that so important to you? I honestly believe Disney could make mucha lira if they brought back Ducktales and dropped the "Launchpad is a morn" routine. Couldn't hurt to try it, just to shut me up.

Because Launchpad was popular BECAUSE he was a moron! Nobody is waiting to see Launchpad as a hero! Why don't you understand that??

SharanMcQuack wrote:

Re-styling has been unsuccesful most of the time. Look at Donald in 'Quack Pack'. Audience didn't like that, so it got cancelled after only one season.

SharanMcQuack wrote:
    PLEASE don't tell a Ducktales stright to DVD movie would NOT make enough money to justify it's existance.

It wouldn't.

SharanMcQuack

[9]Sep 14, 2007
    MisterMatthews wrote:

SharanMcQuack wrote:

Because Launchpad was popular BECAUSE he was a moron! Nobody is waiting to see Launchpad as a hero! Why don't you understand that??

Because I don't feel that way. Because I don't think Launchpad was the slightest bit stupid. And I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way, neither. Why not just ignore me if I'm the only one who feels this way?

I think Disney, having created Launchpad McQuack to use as comedy relief, was bound and determined to use him as such NO MATTER WHAT. It was bad enough that they audience liked Launchpad.

It was worse, as far as Disney was concered, that they ADMIRED and RESPECTED him.

Disney went "HUH? You're supposed to be spliting a gut laughing at how stupid he is! How dare you notice he

just keeps picking himself up, dusting himself off and starting all over again!

How dare you notice if things don't work out quite like he planned, they usually work out pretty good. How dare you notice he always tries, he always cares, he always THERE, giving 110%, busting his gut for his friends.

I'm not saying that SOME Ducktales fans did not agree with Disney on the Launchpad-is-a-moron belief, just...a LOT fewer than Disney cares to admit.

SharanMcQuack wrote:

Re-styling has been unsuccesful most of the time. Look at Donald in 'Quack Pack'. Audience didn't like that, so it got cancelled

Donald being a hero and a pilot INSTEAD of Launchpad was unpopular.

SharanMcQuack wrote:

It wouldn't.

If you believe THAT, what are you doing writing on this webpage?

Edited on 09/14/2007 11:49am
    Edited 3 total times.

MisterMatthews

[10]Sep 14, 2007

SharanMcQuack wrote:
    Because I don't feel that way. Because I don't think Launchpad was the slightest bit stupid.

Then you haven't been paying attention.

SharanMcQuack wrote:
    And I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way, neither.

I'm pretty sure you are.

SharanMcQuack wrote:
    Why not just ignore me if I'm the only one who feels this way?

You keep bringing it up every time, not me.

SharanMcQuack wrote:
    I think Disney, having created Launchpad McQuack to use as comedy relief, was bound and determined to use him as such NO MATTER WHAT.

And that's bad... why? What's wrong with a comedy relief?

SharanMcQuack wrote:
    It was bad enough that they audience liked Launchpad.

Why would Disney think that's bad? Disney *wants* their audience to love the characters they create. So they would be *glad* the audience liked Launchpad.

SharanMcQuack wrote:
    It was worse, as far as Disney was concered, that they ADMIRED and RESPECTED him.

Disney went "HUH? You're supposed to be spliting a gut laughing at how stupid he is! How dare you notice he

just keeps picking himself up, dusting himself off and starting all over again!

How dare you notice if things don't work out quite like he planned, they usually work out pretty good. How dare you notice he always tries, he always cares, he always THERE, giving 110%, busting his gut for his friends.

Have you any proof for your far-fetched conspiracy theories?

SharanMcQuack wrote:
    I'm not saying that SOME Ducktales fans did not agree with Disney on the Launchpad-is-a-moron belief, just...a LOT fewer than Disney cares to admit.

Why would Disney have this dislike for Launchpad? You have nothing to base this on. It makes no sense.

SharanMcQuack wrote:
    Donald being a hero and a pilot INSTEAD of Launchpad was unpopular.

Donald was neither a hero nor a pilot in 'Quack Pack'.

SharanMcQuack wrote:
    If you believe THAT, what are you doing writing on this webpage?

I'm a fan of DuckTales and I like to discuss it. How does my belief a new movie wouldn't sell question that?

SharanMcQuack

[11]Sep 14, 2007

I NEVER said ONE word about any conspiracy! YOU keep using that word, not me! As for proof, how's about the evidence of my senses? What I saw on Ducktales, in the comic books, on the internet....Am I supposed to believe what I am TOLD, like a good little girl and ignore what I see and hear?

Donald wasn't a hero nor a pilot in Quack Pak? That's weird, I watched like 12 minutes of one episode and thought he was both. From the theme song alone.

Edited on 09/14/2007 1:12pm

MisterMatthews

[12]Sep 14, 2007

SharanMcQuack wrote:
    I NEVER said ONE word about any conspiracy! YOU keep using that word, not me! As for proof, how's about the evidence of my senses? What I saw on Ducktales, in the comic books, on the internet....Am I supposed to believe what I am TOLD, like a good little girl and ignore what I see and hear?

You act like Launchpad was secretly a hero, but Disney did everything in its power to brainwatch the audience into thinking he's a moron. Sounds like a conspiracy to me. But you're right if you say you see him as a moron when you watch the actual episodes and read the comics. But I don't see why that's an evil plan from Disney, or why that's a bad thing?

SharanMcQuack wrote:
    Donald wasn't a hero nor a pilot in Quack Pak? That's weird, I watched like 12 minutes of one episode and thought he was both. From the theme song alone.

Sounds like we've been watching different episodes. Donald has never been a hero. He may save the day ocasionally (lots of comics about that), but almost always only by accident, nit concious of the fact he's doing something right. In fact, only in Italy there have been hundreds of futuristic comics with Donald as a true hero, 'Paperinik'.