DuckTales Forums

(ended 1990)

Walt Disney Treasures Uncle Scrooge : A Little Something Special

SharanMcQuack

[1]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 11

Walt Disney Treasures Uncle Scrooge : A Little Something Special has a Ducktales story in it. With Launchpad in it. ( Like I'D mention it if it DIDN"T have LAUNCHPAD in it?)

Windfall on Mt. G'zoontight

Unfortunely, Ugly Twerp is on the cover. Bleck! I may lose my lunch.

Oh, well, I already own a copy of Gladstone's Ducktales # 7 with the same story in it

With my Launchpad on the cover.

MUCH better.

Edited on 04/24/2008 10:02am
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MisterMatthews

[2]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 5
    SharanMcQuack wrote:
    Walt Disney Treasures Uncle Scrooge : A Little Something Special has a Ducktales story in it. With Launchpad in it. ( Like I'D mention it if it DIDN"T have LAUNCHPAD in it?)

Windfall on Mt. G'zoontight

Unfortunely, Ugly Twerp is on the cover. Bleck! I may lose my lunch.

This is exactly what I mean. Is this healthy behavior? Getting mad over a cartoon character?

The DuckTales-story is one of the best I know of, maybe because it's not *really* a 'DuckTales'-story. The way Launchpad is written, he could easily be replaced by Donald Duck. The story is not very 'DuckTales'-like, but feels more like a regular Duck-story. This is because the artist is William van Horn, who does mostly Donald Duck comics.

'A little something special' was made in 1997 by Don Rosa to celebrate Scrooge's 50th birthday. Goldie makes an appearance, and it is full of references to Barks-stories, like the Valley Of Tra-La-La (which was made into a DuckTales-episode with Fenton Crackshell filling in for Donald).

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.