DuckTales Forums

(ended 1990)

Who's the duck with the Q on his sweater???

ScroogeMcNix

[1]Aug 23, 2006
    • level: 6
        He is the duck pictured among the birthday guests in "Sweet Duck of Youth".  I know Vacation Van Honk is the guy in the Hawaiian shirt and sunglasse sbut who is this other character???  The name Quacker McFink came to mind but he was a bad guy and I think he was only in a book???   
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HipK

[2]Aug 23, 2006
    • level: 8
    I think it's Quacky McSlant, though I can't verify this.

ScroogeMcNix

[3]Aug 23, 2006

Man you really know your DT!!! I remember that name and the character now but can't recall an episode where he has a speaking role. Isn't Quacky a very goofy or clumsy acting duck??? Yeah I think he did speak in an episode or two. Thanks for providing the name!!!

http://nafsk.se/pipermail/dcml/2005-March/022968.html Check out that link for more info on the character.  The answers lie on the bottom of the page... 

Edited on 08/23/2006 5:05pm

HipK

[4]Aug 23, 2006
    Yeah, it's definately Quacky then. In addition to Sweet Duck of Youth, he's also one of the performers in the opera at the start of Maid of the Myth, along with Vacation Van Honk. I haven't seen any episodes not on the first DVD in a long time, so I can't recall any other appearances he made.

SharanMcQuack

[5]Aug 25, 2006
    • level: 11

ScroogeMcNix wrote:
        He is the duck pictured among the birthday guests in "Sweet Duck of Youth".  I know Vacation Van Honk is the guy in the Hawaiian shirt and sunglasse sbut who is this other character???  The name Quacker McFink came to mind but he was a bad guy and I think he was only in a book???   
    I am 46 years old and I have no idea whatsoever who Vacation Van Honk nor Quacker McFink are, nor do I care. That Disney expects people to know or care about such obsure nobodies astonishes me.

That they turn around and say "it's too late to bring back Ducktales, the kids don't remember that" astonishes me more. Double standards, anybody?

Edited on 08/25/2006 11:57am

HipK

[6]Aug 25, 2006
    Uhh, could you clarify yourself a bit?

ScroogeMcNix

[7]Aug 25, 2006
    Quacky McSlan must also be the loony leaning mailman at the beginning of "Home Sweet Homer"!

HipK

[8]Aug 25, 2006
    I think that the mailguy was leaning because his mailbag was supposed to be really heavy.

ScroogeMcD12345

[9]Aug 26, 2006
    • level: 26
    No, he was definitely looney! Didn't you not see that he couldn't work out how to put the letter through the letter box
    Edited on 08/26/2006 1:38am

SharanMcQuack

[10]Aug 26, 2006
    HipK wrote:
    Uhh, could you clarify yourself a bit?
    OK, it's not that 'Ducktales" is too long ago for Disney to bring back, Disney is forever reintroducing young kids to stuff they are too young to remember. Disney does not WANT to bring back Ducktales. Disney would rather bring back DW, dispite the fact it was less popular than Ducktales. Disney promotes what IT likes, not necessarly what the public likes. Other companies do this too. Usually I don't care if they feel like being stupid. But I love Ducktales and Launchpad and have a certain fondness for disney. The fact that they are cutting back on the movies they make indicts to me they are still in trouble.  The fact that they were swearing up and down that "Chicken Little" and "Pirates of the Caribean" were making money hads over fist dispite lousy reviews indicts that somebody is fibbing and is in denial. I LIKE you guys. I'm sorry I have no tact. (sometimes I feel like Paul Revere if people had gotten mad at him for waking them up!)
    Edited on 08/26/2006 8:00am
    Edited 2 total times.

HipK

[11]Aug 26, 2006
    Okay, but this topic was originally about Quacky McSlant. It had nothing to do with Disney's marketing. We just don't want to go off topic.

ScroogeMcNix

[12]Aug 26, 2006
    ScroogeMcD12345 wrote:
    No, he was definitely looney! Didn't you not see that he couldn't work out how to put the letter through the letter box
    Yeah I remember that LOL. That must be Quacky! Who would hire him anyway but then again the police were pretty stupid too in Duckburg LOL. They didn't notice a shovel in one of Ma Beagle's cakes LOL. Quacky is definitely loony enough to be one of Doofus' friends! Not that Doofus was loony just nerdy, whiny, and weak LOL. Fortunately people can identify themselves with him! Doofus was sort of like me when i was a kid LOL...

ScroogeMcD12345

[13]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 26
    I actually watched 'Home Sweet Homer' yesterday! as a ran through Volume One, Disc Three. Although I certainly won't deny that he was leaning to the left because his mail bag was heavy!, but he was defiantly looney! LOL
    Edited on 08/27/2006 3:38am

ScroogeMcNix

[14]Aug 27, 2006
    ScroogeMcD12345 wrote:
    I actually watched 'Home Sweet Homer' yesterday! as a ran through Volume One, Disc Three. Although I certainly won't deny that he was leaning to the left because his mail bag was heavy!, but he was defiantly looney! LOL
    "Home Sweet Homer" is a pretty creative episode but not one of my all time favs like "Aqua Ducks" LOL. Yeah I'll have to watch that one again to see the mailbag thing. ScroogeMcD I sent you a message on yahoo and ahdn't heard back sicne. I added you to Yahooa nd iot still says "Add Request Pending"??? Weird!!!

SharanMcQuack

[15]Aug 28, 2006

Was he the mailman who had trouble delivering a letter to the "Creature in the Black Lagoon" in that Monstermash episode of "Ducktales"?

I rather fond of Dufus, too. Since he's sorta Launchpad little brother, he's practically my brother-in-law. (Don't I wish! If it meant being marryied to Launchpad for real. Prove he ISN"T real in another dimension.)

Edited on 08/28/2006 8:43am