DuckTales

Master Of Djinni

Aired Weekdays 4:00 PM Sep 29, 1987 on

• Scrooge and Glomgold must race back to Duckburg to determine the rightful master of the lamp, but the Djinni hinders their race by sending back in time.

Tension in the story derives from the fact that the desert sultan thinks Glomgold and Scrooge are spies sent by the emir to streal Schewebezade away from him. Scrooge and Glomgold meet Scheherezade, or Schewebezade, as she is called in this story. Schewebezade, unlike her historical namesake, causes the listeners of her stories to fall asleep.

I love the bickering between Scrooge and Glomgold. They fight over the lamp like two children. Scrooge says Glomgold can't win because he is younger.

Scrooge also sought a lamp in the DuckTales Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp. Webby tricks the Djinni back into the lamp by saying she doesn't think he can fit inside. The same thing happened between Sabu and the djinni in "Thief of Bagdad."

The voice of the Djinni is provided by that guy that was floating up in the air in Mary Poppins. I love the story. Great episode from start to finish! It's a sad ending. I feel bad for the djinni. He is once againtrapped in the vault of Aladdin, and it is sealed shut.