DuckTales

Nothing To Fear

Aired Weekdays 4:00 PM Dec 03, 1987 on

• I just bought the DVD with this and I'm extrealy happy to be reunited with this episode.

I like this one very much becasue it proves that what Scrooge fears the most isn't losing the nessercy evil of his moneny but it's family. We all deep down fear that we are unloved and sometiems we must bring this feeling out in the open.

I've alwasy liked seeing how they face down their demons and grow stronger becasue of it. But I was wondering why is Duckworth afriad of the limo? Oh well its a very imporant epiosde to me becase we all have fears and seeing theirs makes them very easy to relate too. This is speical and I'm glad to have it back in my life. Becasue I could sure use these crazy ducks once more in my time of need as I did as a child.
  • Nowadays I can look back on this and laugh, but back in the day this was scary stuff.

Ducktales is a Disney show, so that means it's all kid friendly and safe right? When I saw this at only age 3, I must say I really started to have other thoughts about that. Magica decides to up her neverending quest for the no. 1 dime by messing with everyone's heads via a magic storm cloud. We see evil versions of Scrooge and the nephews who are all absoulte scumbags, an evil zombie teacher appears, and the limo turns into a giant man-eating panther. However, hands down, the freakiest scene for me is the giant monster banana! He seems all small and cute at first, but boom, he proceeds to turn into this huge, ugly as sin monster with creepy green bulging eyes, sharp, pointy teeth, and a lashing tounge that would make Venom jealous. You may not want to show that scene to your kids, as it probably will cause quite a few nightmares among some of the ones able to take less freaky stuff.