(ended 1990)

DuckTales Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• Duck Tales is #1

When i was a young girl i use to watch Duck tales all the time. that was my all time favorite! I thought when we finally got Boommerang on Bright House, i would get to watch my favorite Cartoon again, but i was wrong.:( i just want to see my show again. i hope boomerang puts Duck Tales on again right along side of smurfs and snorks!! i got to see my bugs and daffy again, but it's not the same with out my most fav Duck Tales!! I'm able to watch Duck Tales all day, so i hope with these great ratings Duck Tales is getting, we can get it on our T.Vs again. :)
  • Ducktales whoo hoo

Another great disney cartoon with scrooge, launchpad, huey, dewey, and louie. This show always made me laugh I always watched it when I was younger and watched it when I had toon Disney, Launchpad was one of my favorite characters he was funny, just like he was on Darkwing Duck witch is another disney Classic. I wish I could still watch this show, I miss it.
  • DuckTales is one of Disney's first animated half hour cartoon shows. It was featured on the old Disney Afternoon block of shows. It starred Scrooge McDuck and his 3 nephews Huey, Dewey, and Louie, LaunchPad McQuack and many more as they have all sorts of

Wow! This show is definitely my favorite Disney Afternoon Show! The longest running of all Disney Afternoon Shows with about 88 episodes and also the 1st of its brand. It even spawned a movie! What more can you ask for with a simple cartoon show. You have great characters such as Mr. Scrooge McDuck. His three nephews Huey (red), Dewey (blue), and Louie (green). You have his pilot LaunchPad McQuack, butler Duckworth. And other characters such as Webby, Mrs. Beakly, Gizomoduck, Gyro, and Bubba Duck. It all takes place in Duckburg where many adventures take place. You got the Beagle boys always trying to steal Scrooge's money, and Magica up to her gan of tricks trying to make life hard for Scrooge. He was always smart in trying to out smart his enemies though. What makes the show great is the adventures they were always going on. And you really didn't see that kind of show or thing in a from Disney until DuckTales premiered. One of the best cartoon shows and Disney shows in Television history. It may not be on TV anymore but it has been released to DVD! Hope everyone gets a chance to pick it up!
  • Ducktales is a very good Disney Channel Show. I think thats how all these disney shows started out after this show.

DuckTales, im my opinion, is a very interesting show as I liked the fact now Scrooge McDuck gets the attention with the boys, Huey, Dewey and Luey instead of Donald DUck. The characters in the show are potrayed very well, even if I don't really find Bubba Duck interesting. The character which I find most interesting would have to be Scrooge McDuck. The charcters are nicely potrayed. However,. i am not very pleased with the 5-part episode. They are dragged so long that you get bored.

The music for the show is very nice and I really enjoy the story plots. i believe this show deserced to go over thr 65 episode limit because this show started all the other cartoon shows for Disney Channel!

I really hope people will watch DuckTales as it is very interesting and nice.
  • It ain't easy to beat the classics.

Ah man, "DuckTales" has always been my favorite show since I was a yeetle baby, when I finally turned a year old I was already going "Whoo-whoo" with the theme song. Aw! One of the several shows I grew up on and still treasure. I have an invisible friend from Duckburg, I mostly have one 'cause I refused to grow up. He started out as just a character for fanfiction, but later he became my invisible friend. Well anyways, "DuckTales" is the best Disney show ever, along with Gargoyles.
  • Curse me kilts! DuckTales is Reagan America!

Okay, so I hope I'm not out of line by saying that DuckTales is like the fundamental principles of a capitalist economy filtered through the prism of 1980s Reagan America.

What's the single goal in every show? To make money. What's the only time they abandon the pursuit of money? Because the laddies are gonna get it or something if Scrooge doesn't surrender the idol. Why then and only then? Because if there's one thing Reagan America liked better than money, it was family values.

Ambitious self-made immigrant turned industrialist Scrooge is our model. Predatory monopolist Flinthart, ethnic matriarchial underclass Beagle Boys, and fanatic Eastern Bloc schemer Magica are our enemies. All three often conspire in loose coalition.

Exactly. Reagan America, my friends.
  • This was one of my favorites as a kid and it still is today.

When I was a little kid I used to watch DuckTales and I still do today, though not on Toon Disney in the US which now shows newer shows for a new generation of kids including the Jetix block which has been successful with many young boys though has upseted many over classic loving teens and adults (sorry, but that is they way I have seen it, it's too provable. And just letting you know, Toon Disney is a kids channel aimed at 6-11 year olds, I've even read about it, so stop fussing over i so much please, the changes were made for kids and they like it.), for me I love Jetix being an action show person, so Jetix is my favorite action block after Toonami, many of the shows and companies on there are now owned by Disney and welcome them into the Disney family especially Digimon.

But though I like the new, I do miss the old too, Toon Disney shows many older shows late at night including Rescue Rangers, but sadly due to bad scheduling, DuckTales is not part of it anymore. DuckTales is very popular among classsic loving teens and adults including me too so it should be on the late night block again, so that is one thing I was a little peeved about. Luckly this is one thing DVDs are for and thankfully they are finally coming out on DVD due to many requests from the fans who grew up with it.

I loved many things about DuckTales, may favorite character was Launchpad, he was the most humorous to me, a great pilot though a bad lander, he crashes everytime and does much more to give many laughs. Scrooge McDuck who is the main character of the show may seem greedy at times and sometimes that's true but he has learned a lot about family since taking in Donald's nephews and bringing in Ms. Beakly with her granddaughter Webbigail for help with taking care of them. This show had a lot of great adventures with a lot of great humor and a little bit of some good drama at times too and mystery. This show contained so much fun.

This show has many things for many people, if you get it on DVD, I would recommend sharing this show with your kids if you have them and any one else who is a fan of stuff from the 80's but may have missed this show.

To end this, I would say that DuckTales is probably my top favorite of the classics from Disney's selection of classics, at least from the 80's anyway,.
  • One of the best!

This is one cool show. I watched it when I was younger, and I still like it today. My little sister also thinks it's funny. I don't know why Disney won't put the movie on DVD, but I'll keep searching. I hope they bring this cartoon back! Disney needs to make more cartoons like the ones they made in the 80's and 90's-who watches Disney's Filmore anyhow? Back to the show- my favorite character is Glittering Goldie-You know, from 'Back To the Klondike'. [She wasn't in very many episodes, but she's still my favorite character.] I hope this show comes back. They just don't make toons like this anymore.
  • A great show -- but an injustice to its creator

I loved this show when I was a kid and I love it still. I'll be first in line when the DVD is finally released, and I'd LOVE to know why the original five-part miniseries that launched the series won't be included in the set. This cartoon was a lot of fun, starring Scrooge McDuck and his great-nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie, after their Uncle Donald joined the Navy. What I didn't know until sometime later was that a great deal of the best episodes were ripped straight from comic books written by Scrooge's creator, Carl Barks. As much as I love the show even now, I'd like for the DVDs to admit his immeasurable contribution to this now-classic cartoon. The Duck Man deserves his due.
  • This was the show that started a huge bunch of other Disney tv shows like Darkwing Duck, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, and Kim Possible (I could care less about this show).

Ducktales had a few original characters from the Disney universe, like Scrooge and his nephews, of course. But the other characters that were only in the show such as Launchpad, Gyro, Doofas, and the Beagle Boys, were interesting characters as well.
    I'm fascinated with the background of the show. Scrooge is the ultimate tycoon of his hometown, Duckburg. He and his nephews set out on adventures that have to do with treasures or foiling a villain. Some episodes have Scrooge teaming up with characters from classical tales from categories such as Shakespeare and Greek mythology. Very interesting plots indeed.

Characters: 8/10
    Animation: 8/10
    Sound: 9/10
    Overall: 9/10
  • Ducktales On DVD

Show Review:

Disney has sent over some news that will excite fans of 'DuckTales;' the studio will release a 3-disc set on November 8. The A/V specs include Full Frame (1.33:1) video, and stereo sound. Suggested retail price will be $34.99. Seems Very Good That Disney Will Make A Release For Ducktales.
  • One of the funnist shows I ever seen. I can't quite remember the humor. It only they reair the show on a daytime I may appreciate it more. I think the caraters were done very well in it.

This was one of the funnist looking show I ever watched. I ever like watching the movie based on this very show, which the movie was pretty good. I wish that they either show the reruns or reair with a remake of the show. How ever they decide I wish to see Duck Tales one more time.
  • I love that show,that was a really good show.It reminds me when I was little and those was some good times too.You guys really need to bring this show back to toon disney.It's not the same when it's not on.

I love duck tales great show.It had a lot of action to it.It would be even better if you bring it back to toon disney.When i watch it,it reminds me of my child hood and that's a good feeling.You guys need to bring it back to toon disney PLEASE!!!! This have the show greater and us fan too.
  • Ducktales, Ducktales, first began watching this favorite of my mine on The Disney Afternoon. Favorite was of course Scrooge Mc Duck and the 3 nephews Huey, Duwey, and Louie. Once the movie Ducktales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp came I saw it as well

Ducktales had its great moments and its cartoons like these that can't be replaced with the so called cartoons of today. I'd hate to say it but the 80's and 90's generation of cartoons are still classic. It's too bad they don't consider to bring back some of these cartoons.
  • Over all summary of Ducktales and other Disney cartoons. Disney Afternoon, etc.

Disney\'s Adventures of Ducktales was the first Disney animated series to air daily. A few years previous to Ducktales was another Disney saturday morning series entitled Gummi Bears. However, Gummi Bears and Ducktales were two very different things! *chuckle* The theme song of Ducktales really summed up the whole show:
    Life is like a hurricane
    Here in Duck - burg

What to do?
    Just grab on to some...

Every day they\'re out there making
    Tales of daring do bad and good

Not pony tales or cotton tales, no
    (a - whooh ooh)

Ducktales had cost much more to make then it did for Gummi Bears since Gummi Bears was really a way for Disney to \"test\" the animated series market. Ducktales, Gummi Bears and many more aired in syndication on The Disney Afternoon was a created-for-syndication two-hour television series which aired from September 10, 1990 until 1998. It was produced by The Walt Disney Company.

The two hour show was broken up into four half-hour segments, each of which contained an animated cartoon. As each season ended, the first cartoon shown in the lineup would typically be dropped, and a new one added to the end. The Disney Afternoon itself featured unique animated segments consisting of its own opening and \"wrappers\" around the cartoon shows shown.

Some of the early cartoon series in The Disney Afternoon came from already in-circulation cartoons, such as Disney\'s Adventures of the Gummi Bears (created years earlier). DuckTales and Chip \'n Dale Rescue Rangers had been a one hour long cartoon block in 1989-1990, until both were incorporated into The Disney Afternoon. TaleSpin was the first series presumably created expressly for The Disney Afternoon.

Some of the later additions were inspired by shorter cartoons in the short lived series Raw Toonage [1], which appeared on the ABC network in Fall, 1992 -- see Marsupilami; also He\'s Bonkers!, which, with storyboard revision, eventually became Bonkers.

The other main source for Disney Afternoon cartoons were series inspired by movies created previously; for a time, a \'two year rule\' of sorts became almost reliable, whereby about two years after a Disney summer movie came out, a Disney Afternoon series by the same name was released (example: Aladdin, and Timon and Pumbaa, from The Lion King.)
    (Bits and pieces taken from wikipedia)
    In 1992 Ducktales was removed from The Disney Afternoon, but re-joined the schedule for the last 1998 season. After the end of The Disney Afternoon (D.A.F.T) Disney created a new line-up to air on UPN affiliates entitled Disney\'s One Too. A few Disney Afternoon shows were shown on this new line-up, but featured new faces such as Disney\'s Recess, Sabrina: The Animated Series, Disney\'s Doug, Disney\'s Hercules, Disney\'s Pepper Ann, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, Disney\'s The Weekenders, Disney\'s The Legend of Tarzan, and Digimon. After a five season run the line-up was removed and those shows as well moved to Toon Disney. Today no One Too shows are currently brodcasted except a few such as Digimon. That year Ducktales “executed” removed from Disney, but was placed on a daily channel entitled Toon Disney that featured all Disney Afternoon shows plus movies, current programs, etc. In 2004 Ducktales was removed from Toon Disney never to be seen again. Thankfully on November, 8, 2005 Disney released Disney\'s Ducktales and Chip \'N Dale Rescue Rangers to DVD boxset. Although Ducktales no longer airs on any channels it can now be seen on DVD with many bonus features. In the future we hope to see more Disney programs on DVD such as Gummi Bears, Talespin, Darkwing Duck, The Wuzzles, Doug, Pepper Ann, etc. So now you have a little bit of everything concerning Ducktales, The Disney Afternoon, and the spin-off of The Disney Afternoon Disney\'s One Too.

Prior knowledge
    Old T.V Guide Magazines
    Official Disney Episode Guide

Below I am enclosing a complete list of all Disney Afternoon, One Too, and One Saturday Morning shows.
    \"The Gummi Bears\"
    \"The Wuzzles\"
    \"The New Adventures
    of Winnie the Pooh\"
    \"Chip \'n Dale Rescue Rangers\"
    \"Tale Spin\"
    \"Darkwing Duck\"
    \"The Little Mermaid\"
    \"Goof Troop\"
    \"Timon & Pumbaa\"
    \"Brand Spanking New! Doug\"
    \"Jungle Cubs\"
    \"Mighty Ducks\"
    \"Quack Pack\"
    \"Pepper Ann\"
    \"101 Dalmatians: The Series\"
    \"Teacher\'s Pet\"
    \"Buzz Lightyear of Star Command\"
    \"The Weekenders\"
    \"Lloyd in Space\"
    \"House of Mouse\"
    \"The Legend of Tarzan\"
    \"Teamo Supremo\"
    Disney 1985 - 2003

• A great Classic.

Since I loved to read Disney Comics, and really enjoy this series. I liked to see the characters travelling and searching for treasures, and also seing a lot of characters from the comics in this cartoon such as the Beagle Brothers, Magica, Gyro, Uncle Scrooge, Donald Duck, and Huey, Dewey and Louie as well as the new characters like Launchpad and Webby. I am really thinking in get the DVD when it comes.
  • The best cartoon from my time...

This show was fantastic, it would be really nice if it got back, the episodes... one better then the other, really original... the kind of show that you wont like to miss any minute...

Im sure that this would be the perfect show this days. The serie is combine with comedy, adventure, action, etc. everything that a serie needs to conquer all the Tv watchers.
  • This show is the best because it brings back memories for me.

Since I was in Preschool and Pre-K, I heard about Ducktales and it was my favorite show since it came to my mind. Now since 2001, I watched it every day on Toon Disney and taped every episode I can find. This remains one of the best Disney Animated TV Shows of all time.
  • An excellent show.

DuckTales was a very funny show. It had loads of funny plots and hilarious dialogue! One of my favorite characters was Scrooge McDuck because the way he was so money-crazy was just too funny. His nephews Hewey, Dewey, and Louie were also great characters. Launchpad the pilot was also an outstanding character. I recomend to anyone who can get there hands on an episode or a hundred.

One of Disney's best and most loved shows todate!
    (curse that 65 episode rule) DuckdTales did well to make it too 100 episodes, im hopeing we will be seeing a DVD sometime soon but i think disney will never go ahead with it (Dam money hungry CEO - Disney needs a competant CEO) Anyhow in short DuckTales rocked and it was Disney's first animated afternoon tv show!!

Ducktales! AWHOOH OOH!
    Every day they're out there making
    Ducktales! AWHOOH OOH!
    Tales of daring do bad and goodluck tales!

• DuckTales is by far the best cartoon ever!!!

DuckTales is by far the best cartoon ever!!! Carl Bark's creations of Scrooge McDuck and the rest of the clang are among the most loved characters Disney have produced. The stories in each episode are of both drama and adventure as Scrooge McDuck, Huey, Louie, Dewey, Launchpad McQuack and webby hunt for richies to add to Mr McDuck's growing wealth. In the pilot special, we see Scrooge McDuck hunting the lost Treasure of the Golden Suns, which introduces the series perfectly as Scrooge solves the myth of the lost city of Atlantis and myth of the Bermuda Trinagle, among others. But there our other laughs including Ma Beagle claiming she is Scrooge's husband so she can claim his wealth and Scrooge being framed by Glomgold and sent to jail. All in all this is a great series and one that Disney can be very proud of. The only thing left for Disnet to do is to release the entire series of DuckTales (well we can at least keep our fingers crossed)
  • Loved this show. I loved Launchpad, especially. He tryed to gain Mr. McDuck's respect and admiration, Launchpad greatly respected him. It always stuck me as unfair how MEAN both Mr. McDuck and DISNEY were to Launchpad- to -one of the most popular characte

Disney intruducted a few two many new characters. Bubba was a huge blunder. Please forgive the following: "Bam! Bam!" Get the point? Gizmoduck might had been ok if somebody besides Fenton- no, NOT Launchpad, I DON'T want him to be a superhero. Just Launchpad. Fenton was too much of a twerp.

I respected Mr. McDuck, the boys and Webby were ignorable (about the best thing you can say about kids on tv you are supposed to relate to. Kids relate to the grown-ups. Get over it. Mrs. Beakly would of been ok if they didn't try to turn her into a heroine. Tough Grandma would be better.

I liked a certain nutty inventor until they kept ramming him in my face and shoving him down my throat until the mere thought of him so inspires nausea I can't bear to mention his name. But at least HE didn't wear the g-suit and he could of cause he invented it. Thank you for him NOT being Gizmoduck, at least.

How about a stright to DVD movie? Or at least,
    put the old episodes on DVD? Keep the themesong.
  • Good

• Life is Like a Huricain!

Here in DuckBurg. These few line in the theme song started on of the best TV shows in Disney history. DuckTale Woo woo! Closed it. It stared ScroogeMcDuck a quadzillionare allways looking for ways to make more money. Also, Huey, Dewey, and Louie - Scrooge's nephews were in it.

Together in the presuing money, they emparked on marvelous half-hour adventures and even a movie!

Saddly, this show will not see the light of day. Disney has pulled it from the Toon Disney line-up. And, there are no attemps to make a DVD set of it. The show that was once a huge sucess, will not see 2005.
1 2 >