DuckTales

(ended 1990)

ScroogeMcD12345

DuckTales Fan Reviews (55)

• Good

6.7
  • Hope It Gets Better

1st ep (10)
  • Ducktales On DVD

Show Review:
    DuckTales

Disney has sent over some news that will excite fans of 'DuckTales;' the studio will release a 3-disc set on November 8. The A/V specs include Full Frame (1.33:1) video, and stereo sound. Suggested retail price will be $34.99. Seems Very Good That Disney Will Make A Release For Ducktales.
  • A decent comedy.

I used to like this show when I was a kid. It was quite interesting and also quite funny, most of the time. I liked seeing many of the spin-off characters from other past comedy shows and it was also fun to see the characters interact with one another. The comedy was decent, the action was good, the writing was okay, and the plots and storylines were pretty good. The show was entertaining and was well suited for kids. One thing I didn't like was the fact that it became repetitive in certain areas. Overall, this was a decent show for kids. Thank you.
  • Such a great program.

How do you say "Thanks Mr. McD!" almost 20 years after the show ended? Flipping through the listings at TV.com, I remembered all the fond memories I have of watching Ducktales. I was an age where now days the kids are watching teen shows and practicing how best to wear their slut attire (I mean Bratz), but then I was just 8 and I came home from school every day and the first thing I did was watch Ducktales. (it came on at 4:00) There were plenty of things I did wrong and the first thing my mother did was threaten to take away my TV time @ 4 o'clock, and that usually straightened me right up.
    Even though this is a "spin-off" the story is original and funny, and the plots are grand in scheme and the characters are multidimensional "people" not just poorly scripted automatons.
  • Donald Duck , louie , hewy and dewy are back for the and Sourge McDuck are back for the 1990's

Ducktales follows the adventures of louie , hewy and dewy as they are send to stay with their uncle sourge as Donald is enlisting in the navy. They serech for treasure all over the world with a host of characters such as Lanchpad , Sourge's pilot , Mrs Beakly , the boys governess and her granddauger webby in order to make Sourge richer but there are also others after the treasure as Magic De Spell , Flintstone Glander and the beage shows. This show inspired warners bros to create animanices
  • I love that show,that was a really good show.It reminds me when I was little and those was some good times too.You guys really need to bring this show back to toon disney.It's not the same when it's not on.

I love duck tales great show.It had a lot of action to it.It would be even better if you bring it back to toon disney.When i watch it,it reminds me of my child hood and that's a good feeling.You guys need to bring it back to toon disney PLEASE!!!! This have the show greater and us fan too.
  • ducktales was a really well made cartoon

ducktales is about rich uncle and his nephews and they go through alot adventures togeather for treasuer and people are always tring to get at his money. like they went on treasure hunts and other things and there would always be people also tring to get it . and his nephews would also get into trouble or help him out in time of need . the show was a hit i thought and i really joyed it . it had alot of classic eps in the show that had alot of good moments i thought. and i rember watching repeats of the show in the 90s .
  • DuckTales is classic Disney cartoon fun and one of the best animated shows of the 1990s. Great, great show.

DuckTales is a wonderfully fun and energetic cartoon and one of the best Disney TV cartoons ever.

Huey, Dewey, and Louie are fun kids, but the core of the show is Scrooge McDuck. Scrooge's love of money and his thick Scottish brogue are his most prominent surface features, but underneath he has a good heart and genuine love for his great-nephews.

The globe-trotting adventures of Scrooge and his nephews are the main feature of most episodes, and these characters are all from the long running comic book series. Their pilot, Launchpad McQuack, however, was a new creation just for DuckTales. Launchpad, a heroic but crash-prone airplane pilot, quickly became a fan favorite and an integral part of the show.

DuckTales appeals primarily to boys, with an overwhelmingly male cast, but it also features Webby Vanderquack a young girl the same age as the nephews.

DuckTales is just good, classic Disney storytelling and appeals to adults and children.
  • A great show -- but an injustice to its creator

I loved this show when I was a kid and I love it still. I'll be first in line when the DVD is finally released, and I'd LOVE to know why the original five-part miniseries that launched the series won't be included in the set. This cartoon was a lot of fun, starring Scrooge McDuck and his great-nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie, after their Uncle Donald joined the Navy. What I didn't know until sometime later was that a great deal of the best episodes were ripped straight from comic books written by Scrooge's creator, Carl Barks. As much as I love the show even now, I'd like for the DVDs to admit his immeasurable contribution to this now-classic cartoon. The Duck Man deserves his due.
  • I remember this from when I was a kid....

I remember this show from when I was a kid. I used to watch it all the time. Donald leaves his nephews with Uncle Scrooge who at first didn't want anything to do with them but eventually his hard heart melts and he decides he enjoys having them around. The group go on various adventures from looking for treasure to protecting Scrooge's fortune. I even have the Ducktales movie. I also remember LaunchPad the pilot, he was also in Darkwing Duck as well. Can't remember if he was in anything else... It was a great cartoon when I was little.
  • It was in my top three favorite shows when Toon disney didn't stink.

Too bad this show was cancelled. It was one of my favorite on Toon Disney My favorite shows on Toon Disney were Chip'n Dale Rescue Rangers, Talespin, Darkwing Duck, 101 Dalmations, Goof Troop and Ducktales. Ducktales ranks number 3 on the list. The first episode aired on Septemder 18, 1987. The show mainly revoles around Huey, Dewey, Louie and Uncle Scrooge but' also around others like Webby Mrs. Beakly, Gyro Gearlosse and Launchpad who also appeared in the series Darkwing Duck. They also faced many villans like the Beagle Boys and Magica de Spell. Too bad it dosen't air anymore.
  • One of Disney's best!

I think I have a tape of a few episodes of this and now that I remember it, I watched it when I had quite some spare time as a kid. Remember, this was back when Disney was good. Unlike today! Revolving around the adventures of Donald Duck's nephews and their uncle Scrooge, this show was still a success even with Donald having only limited roles. This was thanks to creative characters and good writing revolving around a good and non-repetitive plot. With a great theme song, first class non-computer animation, unique and mostly interesting villains (especially Magica de Spell), pretty good humor and writing, nicely developed characters, and that irresistable charm Disney used to have, it's no wonder this one stood out. Sometimes you wonder where did all this go and why is it not put into most animated shows anymore? I mean, this wasn't a show that was just put on the air for money, desperation of viewers, or for networks to justify their inflated budgets! This was a cartoon that just put effort into becoming a good cartoon and it worked. Even though I've grown up and am now past this show, this show still has a place in my heart.
  • Ducktales is a very good Disney Channel Show. I think thats how all these disney shows started out after this show.

DuckTales, im my opinion, is a very interesting show as I liked the fact now Scrooge McDuck gets the attention with the boys, Huey, Dewey and Luey instead of Donald DUck. The characters in the show are potrayed very well, even if I don't really find Bubba Duck interesting. The character which I find most interesting would have to be Scrooge McDuck. The charcters are nicely potrayed. However,. i am not very pleased with the 5-part episode. They are dragged so long that you get bored.

The music for the show is very nice and I really enjoy the story plots. i believe this show deserced to go over thr 65 episode limit because this show started all the other cartoon shows for Disney Channel!

I really hope people will watch DuckTales as it is very interesting and nice.
  • Loved this show. I loved Launchpad, especially. He tryed to gain Mr. McDuck's respect and admiration, Launchpad greatly respected him. It always stuck me as unfair how MEAN both Mr. McDuck and DISNEY were to Launchpad- to -one of the most popular characte

Disney intruducted a few two many new characters. Bubba was a huge blunder. Please forgive the following: "Bam! Bam!" Get the point? Gizmoduck might had been ok if somebody besides Fenton- no, NOT Launchpad, I DON'T want him to be a superhero. Just Launchpad. Fenton was too much of a twerp.

I respected Mr. McDuck, the boys and Webby were ignorable (about the best thing you can say about kids on tv you are supposed to relate to. Kids relate to the grown-ups. Get over it. Mrs. Beakly would of been ok if they didn't try to turn her into a heroine. Tough Grandma would be better.

I liked a certain nutty inventor until they kept ramming him in my face and shoving him down my throat until the mere thought of him so inspires nausea I can't bear to mention his name. But at least HE didn't wear the g-suit and he could of cause he invented it. Thank you for him NOT being Gizmoduck, at least.

How about a stright to DVD movie? Or at least,
    put the old episodes on DVD? Keep the themesong.
  • The first Disney Afternoon show was a very good one.

I remember first seeing Scrooge Mcduck in the Disney Christmas Carol special from the 90s. And I've liked him ever since. Ducktales was a show about the life of Scrooge as the world's richest duck, and the adventures that he and his nephews would go on. Ducktales marked the first Disney Afternoon series, and it was a really cool one. It's one of the best Disney cartoons ever created, though not quite as good as a few others.

Scrooge was extremely greedy, yet he was still funny. In fact it was mainly because of him that he, Huey, Louie and Dewey went on their adventures. The three nephews are more developed here than in the cartoon shorts with Donald, and they each have their own personlity like Chip and Dale in Rescue Rangers. Launchpad has always rocked, and he even appears later in Darkwing Duck. Webby... annoyed me then, and she annoys me to this day. The villains are pretty awesome too. The Beagle Boys are especially funny. Also like Rescue Rangers, Ducktales was full of adventure. The episodes had Scrooge travelling all around the world. What's not to like about a premise like that? Not much.

I have to admit, the theme for Ducktales is catchy, and not in a good way. It's too catchy! And while I do like shows like Darkwing Duck and Kim Possible more than this, Ducktales still rocks! It was the first of many incredible animated shows that were put out by Disney in the 90s. It pains me that Disney Channel no longer relies on it's classic franchises that Walt Disney himself was responsible for, and just puts out these stupid-ass tween sitcoms that feature horrible, generic music. Oh well, at least I can look back on cartoons like Ducktales for entertainment.
  • A disney series, spin off. Birds of a feather stick together.

All in all a interesting non violent series focusing on moral delemas though after a while does get repetitious and commonplace. Fantastical colorful world. The characters have their their own personalities and the story progresses little. The music is classic and the themes are focussed for younger audiences. It is a series focused on teaching lessons and morals. Definitive good and evil themes. Not so much an artfully put together series rather a series with a common theme. Themes such as money isn't everything are ever apperant, not supprising as to the main characters.
    Good for kids, i'm too old for it now.
  • DuckTales is one of Disney's first animated half hour cartoon shows. It was featured on the old Disney Afternoon block of shows. It starred Scrooge McDuck and his 3 nephews Huey, Dewey, and Louie, LaunchPad McQuack and many more as they have all sorts of

Wow! This show is definitely my favorite Disney Afternoon Show! The longest running of all Disney Afternoon Shows with about 88 episodes and also the 1st of its brand. It even spawned a movie! What more can you ask for with a simple cartoon show. You have great characters such as Mr. Scrooge McDuck. His three nephews Huey (red), Dewey (blue), and Louie (green). You have his pilot LaunchPad McQuack, butler Duckworth. And other characters such as Webby, Mrs. Beakly, Gizomoduck, Gyro, and Bubba Duck. It all takes place in Duckburg where many adventures take place. You got the Beagle boys always trying to steal Scrooge's money, and Magica up to her gan of tricks trying to make life hard for Scrooge. He was always smart in trying to out smart his enemies though. What makes the show great is the adventures they were always going on. And you really didn't see that kind of show or thing in a from Disney until DuckTales premiered. One of the best cartoon shows and Disney shows in Television history. It may not be on TV anymore but it has been released to DVD! Hope everyone gets a chance to pick it up!
  • This was the show that started a huge bunch of other Disney tv shows like Darkwing Duck, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, and Kim Possible (I could care less about this show).

Ducktales had a few original characters from the Disney universe, like Scrooge and his nephews, of course. But the other characters that were only in the show such as Launchpad, Gyro, Doofas, and the Beagle Boys, were interesting characters as well.
    I'm fascinated with the background of the show. Scrooge is the ultimate tycoon of his hometown, Duckburg. He and his nephews set out on adventures that have to do with treasures or foiling a villain. Some episodes have Scrooge teaming up with characters from classical tales from categories such as Shakespeare and Greek mythology. Very interesting plots indeed.

Characters: 8/10
    Animation: 8/10
    Sound: 9/10
    Overall: 9/10
  • Ducktales, Ducktales, first began watching this favorite of my mine on The Disney Afternoon. Favorite was of course Scrooge Mc Duck and the 3 nephews Huey, Duwey, and Louie. Once the movie Ducktales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp came I saw it as well

Ducktales had its great moments and its cartoons like these that can't be replaced with the so called cartoons of today. I'd hate to say it but the 80's and 90's generation of cartoons are still classic. It's too bad they don't consider to bring back some of these cartoons.
  • Life is like a hurricane, here in Duckburg...

Race cars lasers aeroplanes... Lol! I still remember this shows theme song! I can hear the words and music going through my head! What a great show. I loved coming home from school and watching this when I was little. Webby was kinda annoying though. I loved Fenton Crackshell as GizmoDuck. He also appeared in Darkwing Duck, as did LaunchPad McQuack. I also remember going to the movie thatre to see the DuckTales movie. I think I still have the movie on VHS too! And I don't think Huey Duey and Louie would have survived without their Jr Woodchuck Guide Book. I would love to see some of these episodes again. I reccomend this show. :)
  • Amazing Tales

This is another one of those shows in my childhood. Some relics from time long gone don't always withstand the test of time very well, shows that I thought were good but then years later I see them and they would fail to meet the expectations I have now. But this show is truely an exception because it has withstood the test and I have as much fun with the show now as I did back when I was a kid.

This show I thought was great. Not just from the great hand drawn animation style that I'll admit still looks really good today in my book. But from it's personality and emotion it holds.

The minor characters are colorful and great, two of my favorates "Launchpad Mcquack" whom is a pea brained Errol Flynn like character. He is a dangeriously unqualified pilot that always crashes each and every aircraft he pilots though with style and miraculously survives each and everyone of them. Gyro Gearloose whom is to Scrooge what the character Q is to James Bond, he always comes up with the most inovative gagets which amazingly work as long as something doesn't go wrong or someone misuses it (which is usually the case).

And of course Uncle Scrooge whom is one of my favorate animated chracters ever, this guy is one of those pulp heroes similar with "Doc Savage", "Buckaroo Banzai", and "Macgyver". On the surface he seems like a typical greedy tycoon with that money bin of his, but as we see deep down inside he really is person with a warm heart for his family and friends; as well as that Scottsman like brashness and charm, and that money bin really symbolizes his achivments in his adventures. His role on the surface is a business man but in reality he's really a determined ambitious adventurer whom is always looking for the next big score or discovery.

And they do go on a varity of adventures which all pay a very huge homage to a lot of the pulp serials and stories on a decade long gone. The naive romantic creative sensability of them is intact. What I also love is other than creative adventures there were some and most that were afraid of creative a real sense of emotion. Like there were a few of my favorates (ones I've reviewed) 1. Duck to the Future 2. Nothing to Fear 3. The Golden Goose that were pritty dark and really made the show take an unfun turn. But that was great because it really brought out the humanity and depth in the characters more.

Well I've said enough, Ducktales are truely legendary tales that are timeless to me.
  • The best cartoon from my time...

This show was fantastic, it would be really nice if it got back, the episodes... one better then the other, really original... the kind of show that you wont like to miss any minute...

Im sure that this would be the perfect show this days. The serie is combine with comedy, adventure, action, etc. everything that a serie needs to conquer all the Tv watchers.
  • Ducktales whoo hoo

Another great disney cartoon with scrooge, launchpad, huey, dewey, and louie. This show always made me laugh I always watched it when I was younger and watched it when I had toon Disney, Launchpad was one of my favorite characters he was funny, just like he was on Darkwing Duck witch is another disney Classic. I wish I could still watch this show, I miss it.
  • One of the best!

This is one cool show. I watched it when I was younger, and I still like it today. My little sister also thinks it's funny. I don't know why Disney won't put the movie on DVD, but I'll keep searching. I hope they bring this cartoon back! Disney needs to make more cartoons like the ones they made in the 80's and 90's-who watches Disney's Filmore anyhow? Back to the show- my favorite character is Glittering Goldie-You know, from 'Back To the Klondike'. [She wasn't in very many episodes, but she's still my favorite character.] I hope this show comes back. They just don't make toons like this anymore.
  • DuckTales is about Donald Duck's rich Uncle Scrooge and Donald's brothers Hewey, Dewey, and Louie. Mrs. Beakly is a nanny hired by Scrooge to watch Hewey, Dewey, and Louie. Along with her nice daughter, Webby. Webby is a good character, I think.

This show is one of my favorite shows that used to be on Toon Disney. They took it off and now I'm mad. The show made me know Donald Duck has brothers. Another think I'm mad at is that they ended the show. I thought the show would last forever, like The Simpsons probably will, but they ended it, and I'm really mad at that. The characters were great, especially Scrooge. But at least they still show that other show on Toon Disney, The House Of Mouse so I can see more of Donald Duck. That show comes in 2nd while this show comes in 1st place. That's my opinion about this show.
  • Take a gander at the main page.

This show was a total classic. I don't think there's a kid alive who grew up in the 1980s who didn't watch this show! Gizmo duck ruled all! The best part is that the show spawned a totally awesome spin off, Darkwing Duck. Everything about this show rocked, even the movies!!!
  • One of the funnist shows I ever seen. I can't quite remember the humor. It only they reair the show on a daytime I may appreciate it more. I think the caraters were done very well in it.

This was one of the funnist looking show I ever watched. I ever like watching the movie based on this very show, which the movie was pretty good. I wish that they either show the reruns or reair with a remake of the show. How ever they decide I wish to see Duck Tales one more time.
  • One of the best Disney TV shows.

I love this show. It's about Scrooge McDuck who had to have his nephews Huewy, Dewey, and Louie stay over at his mansion while Donald Duck is out in the navy. At first Scrooge didn't want his nephews to stay but then he started to like them more. This show is full of action and humor. This is like one of my favorate Disney cartoons and now I have the first volume on DVD, I want to get the second volume soon, not to mention that Volume 3 came out recently. It is a great show for the whole family. I highly recommend you check this show out.
  • This was one of my favorites as a kid and it still is today.

When I was a little kid I used to watch DuckTales and I still do today, though not on Toon Disney in the US which now shows newer shows for a new generation of kids including the Jetix block which has been successful with many young boys though has upseted many over classic loving teens and adults (sorry, but that is they way I have seen it, it's too provable. And just letting you know, Toon Disney is a kids channel aimed at 6-11 year olds, I've even read about it, so stop fussing over i so much please, the changes were made for kids and they like it.), for me I love Jetix being an action show person, so Jetix is my favorite action block after Toonami, many of the shows and companies on there are now owned by Disney and welcome them into the Disney family especially Digimon.

But though I like the new, I do miss the old too, Toon Disney shows many older shows late at night including Rescue Rangers, but sadly due to bad scheduling, DuckTales is not part of it anymore. DuckTales is very popular among classsic loving teens and adults including me too so it should be on the late night block again, so that is one thing I was a little peeved about. Luckly this is one thing DVDs are for and thankfully they are finally coming out on DVD due to many requests from the fans who grew up with it.

I loved many things about DuckTales, may favorite character was Launchpad, he was the most humorous to me, a great pilot though a bad lander, he crashes everytime and does much more to give many laughs. Scrooge McDuck who is the main character of the show may seem greedy at times and sometimes that's true but he has learned a lot about family since taking in Donald's nephews and bringing in Ms. Beakly with her granddaughter Webbigail for help with taking care of them. This show had a lot of great adventures with a lot of great humor and a little bit of some good drama at times too and mystery. This show contained so much fun.

This show has many things for many people, if you get it on DVD, I would recommend sharing this show with your kids if you have them and any one else who is a fan of stuff from the 80's but may have missed this show.

To end this, I would say that DuckTales is probably my top favorite of the classics from Disney's selection of classics, at least from the 80's anyway,.
< 1 2