DuckTales

(ended 1990)

ScroogeMcD12345

DuckTales Fan Reviews (55)

• Loved this show. I loved Launchpad, especially. He tryed to gain Mr. McDuck's respect and admiration, Launchpad greatly respected him. It always stuck me as unfair how MEAN both Mr. McDuck and DISNEY were to Launchpad- to -one of the most popular characte

Disney intruducted a few two many new characters. Bubba was a huge blunder. Please forgive the following: "Bam! Bam!" Get the point? Gizmoduck might had been ok if somebody besides Fenton- no, NOT Launchpad, I DON'T want him to be a superhero. Just Launchpad. Fenton was too much of a twerp.

I respected Mr. McDuck, the boys and Webby were ignorable (about the best thing you can say about kids on tv you are supposed to relate to. Kids relate to the grown-ups. Get over it. Mrs. Beakly would of been ok if they didn't try to turn her into a heroine. Tough Grandma would be better.

I liked a certain nutty inventor until they kept ramming him in my face and shoving him down my throat until the mere thought of him so inspires nausea I can't bear to mention his name. But at least HE didn't wear the g-suit and he could of cause he invented it. Thank you for him NOT being Gizmoduck, at least.

How about a stright to DVD movie? Or at least,
    put the old episodes on DVD? Keep the themesong.
  • Good

6.7
  • Hope It Gets Better

1st ep (10)
  • Ducktales On DVD

Show Review:
    DuckTales

Disney has sent over some news that will excite fans of 'DuckTales;' the studio will release a 3-disc set on November 8. The A/V specs include Full Frame (1.33:1) video, and stereo sound. Suggested retail price will be $34.99. Seems Very Good That Disney Will Make A Release For Ducktales.
  • Donald Duck , louie , hewy and dewy are back for the and Sourge McDuck are back for the 1990's

Ducktales follows the adventures of louie , hewy and dewy as they are send to stay with their uncle sourge as Donald is enlisting in the navy. They serech for treasure all over the world with a host of characters such as Lanchpad , Sourge's pilot , Mrs Beakly , the boys governess and her granddauger webby in order to make Sourge richer but there are also others after the treasure as Magic De Spell , Flintstone Glander and the beage shows. This show inspired warners bros to create animanices
  • I remember this from when I was a kid....

I remember this show from when I was a kid. I used to watch it all the time. Donald leaves his nephews with Uncle Scrooge who at first didn't want anything to do with them but eventually his hard heart melts and he decides he enjoys having them around. The group go on various adventures from looking for treasure to protecting Scrooge's fortune. I even have the Ducktales movie. I also remember LaunchPad the pilot, he was also in Darkwing Duck as well. Can't remember if he was in anything else... It was a great cartoon when I was little.
  • It was in my top three favorite shows when Toon disney didn't stink.

Too bad this show was cancelled. It was one of my favorite on Toon Disney My favorite shows on Toon Disney were Chip'n Dale Rescue Rangers, Talespin, Darkwing Duck, 101 Dalmations, Goof Troop and Ducktales. Ducktales ranks number 3 on the list. The first episode aired on Septemder 18, 1987. The show mainly revoles around Huey, Dewey, Louie and Uncle Scrooge but' also around others like Webby Mrs. Beakly, Gyro Gearlosse and Launchpad who also appeared in the series Darkwing Duck. They also faced many villans like the Beagle Boys and Magica de Spell. Too bad it dosen't air anymore.
  • One of Disney's best!

I think I have a tape of a few episodes of this and now that I remember it, I watched it when I had quite some spare time as a kid. Remember, this was back when Disney was good. Unlike today! Revolving around the adventures of Donald Duck's nephews and their uncle Scrooge, this show was still a success even with Donald having only limited roles. This was thanks to creative characters and good writing revolving around a good and non-repetitive plot. With a great theme song, first class non-computer animation, unique and mostly interesting villains (especially Magica de Spell), pretty good humor and writing, nicely developed characters, and that irresistable charm Disney used to have, it's no wonder this one stood out. Sometimes you wonder where did all this go and why is it not put into most animated shows anymore? I mean, this wasn't a show that was just put on the air for money, desperation of viewers, or for networks to justify their inflated budgets! This was a cartoon that just put effort into becoming a good cartoon and it worked. Even though I've grown up and am now past this show, this show still has a place in my heart.
  • A disney series, spin off. Birds of a feather stick together.

All in all a interesting non violent series focusing on moral delemas though after a while does get repetitious and commonplace. Fantastical colorful world. The characters have their their own personalities and the story progresses little. The music is classic and the themes are focussed for younger audiences. It is a series focused on teaching lessons and morals. Definitive good and evil themes. Not so much an artfully put together series rather a series with a common theme. Themes such as money isn't everything are ever apperant, not supprising as to the main characters.
    Good for kids, i'm too old for it now.
  • DuckTales is one of Disney's first animated half hour cartoon shows. It was featured on the old Disney Afternoon block of shows. It starred Scrooge McDuck and his 3 nephews Huey, Dewey, and Louie, LaunchPad McQuack and many more as they have all sorts of

Wow! This show is definitely my favorite Disney Afternoon Show! The longest running of all Disney Afternoon Shows with about 88 episodes and also the 1st of its brand. It even spawned a movie! What more can you ask for with a simple cartoon show. You have great characters such as Mr. Scrooge McDuck. His three nephews Huey (red), Dewey (blue), and Louie (green). You have his pilot LaunchPad McQuack, butler Duckworth. And other characters such as Webby, Mrs. Beakly, Gizomoduck, Gyro, and Bubba Duck. It all takes place in Duckburg where many adventures take place. You got the Beagle boys always trying to steal Scrooge's money, and Magica up to her gan of tricks trying to make life hard for Scrooge. He was always smart in trying to out smart his enemies though. What makes the show great is the adventures they were always going on. And you really didn't see that kind of show or thing in a from Disney until DuckTales premiered. One of the best cartoon shows and Disney shows in Television history. It may not be on TV anymore but it has been released to DVD! Hope everyone gets a chance to pick it up!
  • Ducktales, Ducktales, first began watching this favorite of my mine on The Disney Afternoon. Favorite was of course Scrooge Mc Duck and the 3 nephews Huey, Duwey, and Louie. Once the movie Ducktales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp came I saw it as well

Ducktales had its great moments and its cartoons like these that can't be replaced with the so called cartoons of today. I'd hate to say it but the 80's and 90's generation of cartoons are still classic. It's too bad they don't consider to bring back some of these cartoons.
  • The best cartoon from my time...

This show was fantastic, it would be really nice if it got back, the episodes... one better then the other, really original... the kind of show that you wont like to miss any minute...

Im sure that this would be the perfect show this days. The serie is combine with comedy, adventure, action, etc. everything that a serie needs to conquer all the Tv watchers.
  • Ducktales whoo hoo

Another great disney cartoon with scrooge, launchpad, huey, dewey, and louie. This show always made me laugh I always watched it when I was younger and watched it when I had toon Disney, Launchpad was one of my favorite characters he was funny, just like he was on Darkwing Duck witch is another disney Classic. I wish I could still watch this show, I miss it.
  • One of the best!

This is one cool show. I watched it when I was younger, and I still like it today. My little sister also thinks it's funny. I don't know why Disney won't put the movie on DVD, but I'll keep searching. I hope they bring this cartoon back! Disney needs to make more cartoons like the ones they made in the 80's and 90's-who watches Disney's Filmore anyhow? Back to the show- my favorite character is Glittering Goldie-You know, from 'Back To the Klondike'. [She wasn't in very many episodes, but she's still my favorite character.] I hope this show comes back. They just don't make toons like this anymore.
  • DuckTales is about Donald Duck's rich Uncle Scrooge and Donald's brothers Hewey, Dewey, and Louie. Mrs. Beakly is a nanny hired by Scrooge to watch Hewey, Dewey, and Louie. Along with her nice daughter, Webby. Webby is a good character, I think.

This show is one of my favorite shows that used to be on Toon Disney. They took it off and now I'm mad. The show made me know Donald Duck has brothers. Another think I'm mad at is that they ended the show. I thought the show would last forever, like The Simpsons probably will, but they ended it, and I'm really mad at that. The characters were great, especially Scrooge. But at least they still show that other show on Toon Disney, The House Of Mouse so I can see more of Donald Duck. That show comes in 2nd while this show comes in 1st place. That's my opinion about this show.
  • Take a gander at the main page.

This show was a total classic. I don't think there's a kid alive who grew up in the 1980s who didn't watch this show! Gizmo duck ruled all! The best part is that the show spawned a totally awesome spin off, Darkwing Duck. Everything about this show rocked, even the movies!!!
  • One of the funnist shows I ever seen. I can't quite remember the humor. It only they reair the show on a daytime I may appreciate it more. I think the caraters were done very well in it.

This was one of the funnist looking show I ever watched. I ever like watching the movie based on this very show, which the movie was pretty good. I wish that they either show the reruns or reair with a remake of the show. How ever they decide I wish to see Duck Tales one more time.
  • This was one of my favorites as a kid and it still is today.

When I was a little kid I used to watch DuckTales and I still do today, though not on Toon Disney in the US which now shows newer shows for a new generation of kids including the Jetix block which has been successful with many young boys though has upseted many over classic loving teens and adults (sorry, but that is they way I have seen it, it's too provable. And just letting you know, Toon Disney is a kids channel aimed at 6-11 year olds, I've even read about it, so stop fussing over i so much please, the changes were made for kids and they like it.), for me I love Jetix being an action show person, so Jetix is my favorite action block after Toonami, many of the shows and companies on there are now owned by Disney and welcome them into the Disney family especially Digimon.

But though I like the new, I do miss the old too, Toon Disney shows many older shows late at night including Rescue Rangers, but sadly due to bad scheduling, DuckTales is not part of it anymore. DuckTales is very popular among classsic loving teens and adults including me too so it should be on the late night block again, so that is one thing I was a little peeved about. Luckly this is one thing DVDs are for and thankfully they are finally coming out on DVD due to many requests from the fans who grew up with it.

I loved many things about DuckTales, may favorite character was Launchpad, he was the most humorous to me, a great pilot though a bad lander, he crashes everytime and does much more to give many laughs. Scrooge McDuck who is the main character of the show may seem greedy at times and sometimes that's true but he has learned a lot about family since taking in Donald's nephews and bringing in Ms. Beakly with her granddaughter Webbigail for help with taking care of them. This show had a lot of great adventures with a lot of great humor and a little bit of some good drama at times too and mystery. This show contained so much fun.

This show has many things for many people, if you get it on DVD, I would recommend sharing this show with your kids if you have them and any one else who is a fan of stuff from the 80's but may have missed this show.

To end this, I would say that DuckTales is probably my top favorite of the classics from Disney's selection of classics, at least from the 80's anyway,.
  • They Don't Make Them Like This Anymore

DuckTales is one my favorite cartoons from my childhood.
  • Scrooge McDuck and nephews on the hunt around the world for treasures before the villains can find it and use it for there own personal gain.

Ducktales the show about Scrooge McDuck the wealthiest duck in all of Duckburg and his nephews Huey, Dewey, and Louie was a great show when I was a child it brings back many memories. The boys and uncle Scrooge would go on treasure hunts or even just try to outsmart villains such as the Beagle Boys and their crazy family, there were lots of Beagles in the family and they were always trying to get Scrooges money. Other villains were Magica and Glomgold who were other villains that also tried to get Scrooges fortune and his lucky dime. Personally I thought the show got better when Bubba and Tootsie arrived they were a handful for Scrooge, the boys and Webbie to take care of. The movie was also great about the golden duck. It would be great to see Disney or one of its other networks bring the show back for the new generation to see since it was a one of kind show.
  • Uncle Scrooge and his nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie circle the globe in a myriad of wild adventures. They get help from Launchpad, Gyro, Webby, Duckworth and Mrs. Beakley and try to fend off the Beagle Boys from trying to get in Scrooge's moneybin.

Start with Scrooge who makes Trump look like a pauper, mix in three irrepressible nephews, add some wild dangerous tales and you have a show that was funny and full of adventure and you have the makings of a Disney classic. Scrooge took some time getting the rough edges off but he was someone you eventually warmed to. The regular characters cycled in and out but Scrooge and his Nephews were the focus. Some of the tales were just funny and some weren't the swashbuckling kind but were good anyway. If Disney ever puts this series out on DVD (which I think that they have) I'm gonna pounce on it.
  • Donald Duck is the cousin of Gladstone Gander,but is his rival too.

the rivals of Scrooge Mcduck are:Flinheart Glomgold,Magica de Spell,the Beagles Boys and Dijon.His friends are:Daisy Duck,Webby Vanderquack,Mrs.Beakley,Duckworth,Launchpad McQuack,Gyro Gearloose,Emily Quackfaster,Gladstone Gander,Fenton Crackshell/Gizmo Duck,Bubba the Caveduck,Mickey Mouse,Goofy,his Relatives:Donald Duck,Huey,Dewey and Louie Duck,Fergus Mcduck(father),Downy O´Drake(sister) etc etc etc . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • Yay!

I used to watch Ducktales while I was just a kid... It was awesome, I could stay for hours in front of the TV watching this amazing gang. Sadly, now, I grew up and I can't watch it anymore, since I live in Brazil and my TV station doesn't air the show anymore... =(
  • This show is cool.

I really like this show . I started watching it a few years ago and now every oppertunity I have to watch it I watch it . It is very funny and I watch it because it is funny when scrooch always dives into all the money in his money bin . It is a great show.
  • i never seen this show when it was on disneychannel like 10am in the morning and i have not seen because school and i always miss the shows like ducktales and talespin and more i only watch 3 shows like goof and aladdin and timon in 3rd to 5th grade

i did not even now this show was the best tv series. for a month i start to go on google to search every show and read about and search on toon disney shows and ducktales and more and i heard like about 200 people said we went are old toondisney and move jetix and other is ducktales should be back on tv. then i start to go places i like download free shows and search old shows and watch them and i start to watch one espisode of ducktales on youtube and it was cool and 2nd one was on different site and guess what i start to like it
  • DuckTales

I have all ways love this show and all ways will, But thay did just make 100 episode, and thats it :(. But i hope Disney will try to make another show all most like ducktales it will be great becues ducktales was public show. wasent it ?. I will give this show a rate at 10.
  • Best Disney cartoon ever!

I got three words to say best cartoon ever it's about Huey Dewey and Louie going to live with Uncle Scrooge when Donald Duck is away in the navy together they have fun adventures with that girl (forgot what she's called) Man this is one of the best shows ever it's got a good theme song from the 80's ah,those were the days it shows repeats on the channel i thought was crap Disney Cinemagic(channel in the UK) it's pretty good so i give it a 1.0.
  • A very cool show from Disney.

Duck Tales is one awesome show. It's not around anymore, but this show still stands out even today since it's a very fine creation. This show isn't matched by a lot of animation shows out there today. I wish the new CEO of Disney will bring back this show. With the advancements in 3d technology, they can bring this show back to life. They can even make a movie out of it. Disney please bring back the Duck Tales. This show is fun to watch, the Duck characters are so adorable especially Huey Dewey and Louie, the ducks are a perfect ensemble cast.
  • Ducktails - Oo oo !

This is a series based on the people living in an around the city of Duckburg - Uncle Scrooge the miser millionare, his grand nephews (Huey, Dewey, and Louie), Daisy Duck and her nieces (April, May and June), Gyro Gearloose the inventor, Gladstone Gander, Donald\'s lucky cousin and rival, etc. The list goes on and on. Each character was unique, like the thieving Beagle Boys,who are alwasy planning (but never succeeding) to rob Uncle Scrooge. There is Launchpad McQuack who is a pilot and tales the other ducks on strange and bizarre adventures. Although most of Duckburg\'s citizens seem to be duks, dogs, pigs, and other animals, the storylines were always so interesting that one would sometimes forget that these were animations and not live characters.

Ducktales was a classic series, why did it come to an end ?
  • Duck Tales is #1

When i was a young girl i use to watch Duck tales all the time. that was my all time favorite! I thought when we finally got Boommerang on Bright House, i would get to watch my favorite Cartoon again, but i was wrong.:( i just want to see my show again. i hope boomerang puts Duck Tales on again right along side of smurfs and snorks!! i got to see my bugs and daffy again, but it's not the same with out my most fav Duck Tales!! I'm able to watch Duck Tales all day, so i hope with these great ratings Duck Tales is getting, we can get it on our T.Vs again. :)
< 1 2