DuckTales

(ended 1990)

ScroogeMcD12345

DuckTales Fan Reviews (55)

• What an amazing show! Why did they cancel it?!

I want this show to come back so bad! I loved it! It was original, funny and very cleverly plotted. I loved Scrooge Mc.Duck and all the other characters. I really miss this show more than any other 80's and 90's show and I hope half of the new shows that suck get cancelled, so that cool shows such as this one come back!!
  • DuckTales? WOO HOO!

In the 80s - early 90s, the Disney company produced some absolute gems such as: "Goof Troop", "Darkwing Duck", "TaleSpin" and of course - "DuckTales" (what ever happened to make them stop producing such classics??)

DuckTales begins with Donald Duck joining the navy and sending his three nephews (Huey, Dewey and Louie) to live with their Uncle Scrooge while he is away.
    At first Scrooge is none too happy with the situation - as he would prefer to spend his time "swimming" in money - but he soon shows the boys that he is truly a caring duck and looks after them very well.

Other characters in the show include: Doofus (an overgrown duck kid), Magica DeSpell (an evil sorceress who is always trying to steal Scrooge's "Number One Dime") and of course, Launchpad McQuack (a pilot who is notorious for crashing his plane [and who would also later become Darkwing Duck's sidekick]).

Episodes of the show cover many different genres - comedy / adventure / sci-fi and drama, just to name a few.

There has also been a "Ducktales" movie, which was released theatrically, known as "Treasure Of The Lost Lamp". As well as a comic book series of the same name.

In my opinion, the very best time of all to be a kid was in the 80s - 90s. Especially with shows of this caliber domineering the airwaves.
  • One of the best disney shows.

I Wish they'd bring this back, at least for a 6 day filler. It is a great show, i love the jokes and the plot, i recommened it to Scrooge McDuck and Huewie, Duewie and Louie fans. I really, REALLY like this show. And the theme is pretty catchy. I give it a 10.10. At least it made it past the crappy 65 episode limit, and got a movie.
  • Amazing Tales

This is another one of those shows in my childhood. Some relics from time long gone don't always withstand the test of time very well, shows that I thought were good but then years later I see them and they would fail to meet the expectations I have now. But this show is truely an exception because it has withstood the test and I have as much fun with the show now as I did back when I was a kid.

This show I thought was great. Not just from the great hand drawn animation style that I'll admit still looks really good today in my book. But from it's personality and emotion it holds.

The minor characters are colorful and great, two of my favorates "Launchpad Mcquack" whom is a pea brained Errol Flynn like character. He is a dangeriously unqualified pilot that always crashes each and every aircraft he pilots though with style and miraculously survives each and everyone of them. Gyro Gearloose whom is to Scrooge what the character Q is to James Bond, he always comes up with the most inovative gagets which amazingly work as long as something doesn't go wrong or someone misuses it (which is usually the case).

And of course Uncle Scrooge whom is one of my favorate animated chracters ever, this guy is one of those pulp heroes similar with "Doc Savage", "Buckaroo Banzai", and "Macgyver". On the surface he seems like a typical greedy tycoon with that money bin of his, but as we see deep down inside he really is person with a warm heart for his family and friends; as well as that Scottsman like brashness and charm, and that money bin really symbolizes his achivments in his adventures. His role on the surface is a business man but in reality he's really a determined ambitious adventurer whom is always looking for the next big score or discovery.

And they do go on a varity of adventures which all pay a very huge homage to a lot of the pulp serials and stories on a decade long gone. The naive romantic creative sensability of them is intact. What I also love is other than creative adventures there were some and most that were afraid of creative a real sense of emotion. Like there were a few of my favorates (ones I've reviewed) 1. Duck to the Future 2. Nothing to Fear 3. The Golden Goose that were pritty dark and really made the show take an unfun turn. But that was great because it really brought out the humanity and depth in the characters more.

Well I've said enough, Ducktales are truely legendary tales that are timeless to me.
  • ducktales was a really well made cartoon

ducktales is about rich uncle and his nephews and they go through alot adventures togeather for treasuer and people are always tring to get at his money. like they went on treasure hunts and other things and there would always be people also tring to get it . and his nephews would also get into trouble or help him out in time of need . the show was a hit i thought and i really joyed it . it had alot of classic eps in the show that had alot of good moments i thought. and i rember watching repeats of the show in the 90s .
  • One of the greatest shows featuring the world's richest duck and his nephews, along with many other memorable characters.

This is definitely one of the cartoon series that influenced and marked a generation. When Donald enlists in the Navy, he decides to leave his three nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie with his uncle, the world's richest duck, Scrooge McDuck. What at first seems like a very bad idea (at least for good old Scrooge), turns out to be one of the best things that happened to the old millionaire. With their help, Scrooge goes on adventures around the world, trying to find treasures and other riches, in hopes of becoming even richer than he already is.

Besides these four characters, the show also featured other memorable characters like Launchpad McQuack (Scrooge's personal pilot, who's the world's clumsiest pilot, crashing every plane he pilots), Gyro Gearloose (a great inventor, with a solution and an invention for all problems), Mrs. Beakley (the boys nanny) and her grandaughter Webby (who is seen by Scrooge as the niece that he never had), Duckworth (Scrooge's butler), Doofus Drake (the boys best friend, Launchpad's sidekick and one of the members of the Junior Woodchucks), among many others, who made us laugh with their jokes and their nonsenses. Of course, we cannot forget about the villains, who played a very important part in the series, like the Beagle Boys (who dedicate their lives trying to steal the money of Scrooge's Money Bin), Magica De Spell (a witch who wants Scrooge's Number One Dime), El Capitan (a crazy sailor who loves gold), Merlock (although he only appeared in the movie, he was one of the most powerful villains that Scrooge ever faced) and Flintheart Glomgold (Scrooge's personal archrival, and the world's second richest duck, who only wishes to be the first). The cast is among one fo the best ever in a Disney cartoon series. It is also the only Disney animated series which had 100 episodes and a movie. This and more make it pure solid gold. 10 out of 10!
  • Life is Like a Huricain!

Here in DuckBurg. These few line in the theme song started on of the best TV shows in Disney history. DuckTale Woo woo! Closed it. It stared ScroogeMcDuck a quadzillionare allways looking for ways to make more money. Also, Huey, Dewey, and Louie - Scrooge's nephews were in it.

Together in the presuing money, they emparked on marvelous half-hour adventures and even a movie!

Saddly, this show will not see the light of day. Disney has pulled it from the Toon Disney line-up. And, there are no attemps to make a DVD set of it. The show that was once a huge sucess, will not see 2005.
  • The first Disney Afternoon show was a very good one.

I remember first seeing Scrooge Mcduck in the Disney Christmas Carol special from the 90s. And I've liked him ever since. Ducktales was a show about the life of Scrooge as the world's richest duck, and the adventures that he and his nephews would go on. Ducktales marked the first Disney Afternoon series, and it was a really cool one. It's one of the best Disney cartoons ever created, though not quite as good as a few others.

Scrooge was extremely greedy, yet he was still funny. In fact it was mainly because of him that he, Huey, Louie and Dewey went on their adventures. The three nephews are more developed here than in the cartoon shorts with Donald, and they each have their own personlity like Chip and Dale in Rescue Rangers. Launchpad has always rocked, and he even appears later in Darkwing Duck. Webby... annoyed me then, and she annoys me to this day. The villains are pretty awesome too. The Beagle Boys are especially funny. Also like Rescue Rangers, Ducktales was full of adventure. The episodes had Scrooge travelling all around the world. What's not to like about a premise like that? Not much.

I have to admit, the theme for Ducktales is catchy, and not in a good way. It's too catchy! And while I do like shows like Darkwing Duck and Kim Possible more than this, Ducktales still rocks! It was the first of many incredible animated shows that were put out by Disney in the 90s. It pains me that Disney Channel no longer relies on it's classic franchises that Walt Disney himself was responsible for, and just puts out these stupid-ass tween sitcoms that feature horrible, generic music. Oh well, at least I can look back on cartoons like Ducktales for entertainment.
  • A decent comedy.

I used to like this show when I was a kid. It was quite interesting and also quite funny, most of the time. I liked seeing many of the spin-off characters from other past comedy shows and it was also fun to see the characters interact with one another. The comedy was decent, the action was good, the writing was okay, and the plots and storylines were pretty good. The show was entertaining and was well suited for kids. One thing I didn't like was the fact that it became repetitive in certain areas. Overall, this was a decent show for kids. Thank you.
  • This show is the best because it brings back memories for me.

Since I was in Preschool and Pre-K, I heard about Ducktales and it was my favorite show since it came to my mind. Now since 2001, I watched it every day on Toon Disney and taped every episode I can find. This remains one of the best Disney Animated TV Shows of all time.
  • One of the best Disney TV shows.

I love this show. It's about Scrooge McDuck who had to have his nephews Huewy, Dewey, and Louie stay over at his mansion while Donald Duck is out in the navy. At first Scrooge didn't want his nephews to stay but then he started to like them more. This show is full of action and humor. This is like one of my favorate Disney cartoons and now I have the first volume on DVD, I want to get the second volume soon, not to mention that Volume 3 came out recently. It is a great show for the whole family. I highly recommend you check this show out.
  • Life is like a hurricane, here in Duckburg...

Race cars lasers aeroplanes... Lol! I still remember this shows theme song! I can hear the words and music going through my head! What a great show. I loved coming home from school and watching this when I was little. Webby was kinda annoying though. I loved Fenton Crackshell as GizmoDuck. He also appeared in Darkwing Duck, as did LaunchPad McQuack. I also remember going to the movie thatre to see the DuckTales movie. I think I still have the movie on VHS too! And I don't think Huey Duey and Louie would have survived without their Jr Woodchuck Guide Book. I would love to see some of these episodes again. I reccomend this show. :)
  • This was the show that started a huge bunch of other Disney tv shows like Darkwing Duck, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, and Kim Possible (I could care less about this show).

Ducktales had a few original characters from the Disney universe, like Scrooge and his nephews, of course. But the other characters that were only in the show such as Launchpad, Gyro, Doofas, and the Beagle Boys, were interesting characters as well.
    I'm fascinated with the background of the show. Scrooge is the ultimate tycoon of his hometown, Duckburg. He and his nephews set out on adventures that have to do with treasures or foiling a villain. Some episodes have Scrooge teaming up with characters from classical tales from categories such as Shakespeare and Greek mythology. Very interesting plots indeed.

Characters: 8/10
    Animation: 8/10
    Sound: 9/10
    Overall: 9/10
  • Ducktales is a very good Disney Channel Show. I think thats how all these disney shows started out after this show.

DuckTales, im my opinion, is a very interesting show as I liked the fact now Scrooge McDuck gets the attention with the boys, Huey, Dewey and Luey instead of Donald DUck. The characters in the show are potrayed very well, even if I don't really find Bubba Duck interesting. The character which I find most interesting would have to be Scrooge McDuck. The charcters are nicely potrayed. However,. i am not very pleased with the 5-part episode. They are dragged so long that you get bored.

The music for the show is very nice and I really enjoy the story plots. i believe this show deserced to go over thr 65 episode limit because this show started all the other cartoon shows for Disney Channel!

I really hope people will watch DuckTales as it is very interesting and nice.
  • DuckTales is classic Disney cartoon fun and one of the best animated shows of the 1990s. Great, great show.

DuckTales is a wonderfully fun and energetic cartoon and one of the best Disney TV cartoons ever.

Huey, Dewey, and Louie are fun kids, but the core of the show is Scrooge McDuck. Scrooge's love of money and his thick Scottish brogue are his most prominent surface features, but underneath he has a good heart and genuine love for his great-nephews.

The globe-trotting adventures of Scrooge and his nephews are the main feature of most episodes, and these characters are all from the long running comic book series. Their pilot, Launchpad McQuack, however, was a new creation just for DuckTales. Launchpad, a heroic but crash-prone airplane pilot, quickly became a fan favorite and an integral part of the show.

DuckTales appeals primarily to boys, with an overwhelmingly male cast, but it also features Webby Vanderquack a young girl the same age as the nephews.

DuckTales is just good, classic Disney storytelling and appeals to adults and children.
  • A great show -- but an injustice to its creator

I loved this show when I was a kid and I love it still. I'll be first in line when the DVD is finally released, and I'd LOVE to know why the original five-part miniseries that launched the series won't be included in the set. This cartoon was a lot of fun, starring Scrooge McDuck and his great-nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie, after their Uncle Donald joined the Navy. What I didn't know until sometime later was that a great deal of the best episodes were ripped straight from comic books written by Scrooge's creator, Carl Barks. As much as I love the show even now, I'd like for the DVDs to admit his immeasurable contribution to this now-classic cartoon. The Duck Man deserves his due.
  • I love that show,that was a really good show.It reminds me when I was little and those was some good times too.You guys really need to bring this show back to toon disney.It's not the same when it's not on.

I love duck tales great show.It had a lot of action to it.It would be even better if you bring it back to toon disney.When i watch it,it reminds me of my child hood and that's a good feeling.You guys need to bring it back to toon disney PLEASE!!!! This have the show greater and us fan too.
  • Such a great program.

How do you say "Thanks Mr. McD!" almost 20 years after the show ended? Flipping through the listings at TV.com, I remembered all the fond memories I have of watching Ducktales. I was an age where now days the kids are watching teen shows and practicing how best to wear their slut attire (I mean Bratz), but then I was just 8 and I came home from school every day and the first thing I did was watch Ducktales. (it came on at 4:00) There were plenty of things I did wrong and the first thing my mother did was threaten to take away my TV time @ 4 o'clock, and that usually straightened me right up.
    Even though this is a "spin-off" the story is original and funny, and the plots are grand in scheme and the characters are multidimensional "people" not just poorly scripted automatons.
  • They Don't Make Them Like This Anymore

DuckTales is one my favorite cartoons from my childhood.
  • Scrooge McDuck and nephews on the hunt around the world for treasures before the villains can find it and use it for there own personal gain.

Ducktales the show about Scrooge McDuck the wealthiest duck in all of Duckburg and his nephews Huey, Dewey, and Louie was a great show when I was a child it brings back many memories. The boys and uncle Scrooge would go on treasure hunts or even just try to outsmart villains such as the Beagle Boys and their crazy family, there were lots of Beagles in the family and they were always trying to get Scrooges money. Other villains were Magica and Glomgold who were other villains that also tried to get Scrooges fortune and his lucky dime. Personally I thought the show got better when Bubba and Tootsie arrived they were a handful for Scrooge, the boys and Webbie to take care of. The movie was also great about the golden duck. It would be great to see Disney or one of its other networks bring the show back for the new generation to see since it was a one of kind show.
  • Uncle Scrooge and his nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie circle the globe in a myriad of wild adventures. They get help from Launchpad, Gyro, Webby, Duckworth and Mrs. Beakley and try to fend off the Beagle Boys from trying to get in Scrooge's moneybin.

Start with Scrooge who makes Trump look like a pauper, mix in three irrepressible nephews, add some wild dangerous tales and you have a show that was funny and full of adventure and you have the makings of a Disney classic. Scrooge took some time getting the rough edges off but he was someone you eventually warmed to. The regular characters cycled in and out but Scrooge and his Nephews were the focus. Some of the tales were just funny and some weren't the swashbuckling kind but were good anyway. If Disney ever puts this series out on DVD (which I think that they have) I'm gonna pounce on it.
  • Donald Duck is the cousin of Gladstone Gander,but is his rival too.

the rivals of Scrooge Mcduck are:Flinheart Glomgold,Magica de Spell,the Beagles Boys and Dijon.His friends are:Daisy Duck,Webby Vanderquack,Mrs.Beakley,Duckworth,Launchpad McQuack,Gyro Gearloose,Emily Quackfaster,Gladstone Gander,Fenton Crackshell/Gizmo Duck,Bubba the Caveduck,Mickey Mouse,Goofy,his Relatives:Donald Duck,Huey,Dewey and Louie Duck,Fergus Mcduck(father),Downy O´Drake(sister) etc etc etc . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • Yay!

I used to watch Ducktales while I was just a kid... It was awesome, I could stay for hours in front of the TV watching this amazing gang. Sadly, now, I grew up and I can't watch it anymore, since I live in Brazil and my TV station doesn't air the show anymore... =(
  • This show is cool.

I really like this show . I started watching it a few years ago and now every oppertunity I have to watch it I watch it . It is very funny and I watch it because it is funny when scrooch always dives into all the money in his money bin . It is a great show.
  • i never seen this show when it was on disneychannel like 10am in the morning and i have not seen because school and i always miss the shows like ducktales and talespin and more i only watch 3 shows like goof and aladdin and timon in 3rd to 5th grade

i did not even now this show was the best tv series. for a month i start to go on google to search every show and read about and search on toon disney shows and ducktales and more and i heard like about 200 people said we went are old toondisney and move jetix and other is ducktales should be back on tv. then i start to go places i like download free shows and search old shows and watch them and i start to watch one espisode of ducktales on youtube and it was cool and 2nd one was on different site and guess what i start to like it
  • DuckTales

I have all ways love this show and all ways will, But thay did just make 100 episode, and thats it :(. But i hope Disney will try to make another show all most like ducktales it will be great becues ducktales was public show. wasent it ?. I will give this show a rate at 10.
  • Best Disney cartoon ever!

I got three words to say best cartoon ever it's about Huey Dewey and Louie going to live with Uncle Scrooge when Donald Duck is away in the navy together they have fun adventures with that girl (forgot what she's called) Man this is one of the best shows ever it's got a good theme song from the 80's ah,those were the days it shows repeats on the channel i thought was crap Disney Cinemagic(channel in the UK) it's pretty good so i give it a 1.0.
  • A very cool show from Disney.

Duck Tales is one awesome show. It's not around anymore, but this show still stands out even today since it's a very fine creation. This show isn't matched by a lot of animation shows out there today. I wish the new CEO of Disney will bring back this show. With the advancements in 3d technology, they can bring this show back to life. They can even make a movie out of it. Disney please bring back the Duck Tales. This show is fun to watch, the Duck characters are so adorable especially Huey Dewey and Louie, the ducks are a perfect ensemble cast.
  • Ducktails - Oo oo !

This is a series based on the people living in an around the city of Duckburg - Uncle Scrooge the miser millionare, his grand nephews (Huey, Dewey, and Louie), Daisy Duck and her nieces (April, May and June), Gyro Gearloose the inventor, Gladstone Gander, Donald\'s lucky cousin and rival, etc. The list goes on and on. Each character was unique, like the thieving Beagle Boys,who are alwasy planning (but never succeeding) to rob Uncle Scrooge. There is Launchpad McQuack who is a pilot and tales the other ducks on strange and bizarre adventures. Although most of Duckburg\'s citizens seem to be duks, dogs, pigs, and other animals, the storylines were always so interesting that one would sometimes forget that these were animations and not live characters.

Ducktales was a classic series, why did it come to an end ?
  • Duck Tales is #1

When i was a young girl i use to watch Duck tales all the time. that was my all time favorite! I thought when we finally got Boommerang on Bright House, i would get to watch my favorite Cartoon again, but i was wrong.:( i just want to see my show again. i hope boomerang puts Duck Tales on again right along side of smurfs and snorks!! i got to see my bugs and daffy again, but it's not the same with out my most fav Duck Tales!! I'm able to watch Duck Tales all day, so i hope with these great ratings Duck Tales is getting, we can get it on our T.Vs again. :)
< 1 2