DuckTales

Robot Robbers

Aired Weekdays 4:00 PM Sep 25, 1987 on

• Gyro Gearloose constructs huge robots to help Flintheart Glomgold construct a new bank. Ma Beagle and the Beagle Boys steal the robots and try to rob Scrooge's money bin.

This episode has plenty of action and comedy, but I didn't find the story as interesting as other episodes. This story has been done before. Gyro's robot Armstrong went haywire and tried to take over the world. The only difference in this episode is that the Beagle Boys operate Gyro's robots.

This episode contains the kind of comedy that I have always liked about DuckTales. Duckworth's dry comments are always funny.

There is also plenty of action in this episode. Ma Beagle and the Beagle Boys steal the robots and walk around Duckburg, terrorizing the citizens. They are confronted by the police and they trask their police cars. Launchpad, Scrooge, and Glomgold try to stop the robots by leading them into the dam. Ma Beagle's robot gets stuck in a puddle-full of quick-drying cement.
  • This was one of my favorite episodes. I liked seeing the two guy's work together in an episode. Launch Pad was a hoot he even came up with an idea to save everyone which suprised me. Over all a very good episode. The animation was the same but either way.