DuckTales

The Golden Goose

Aired Weekdays 4:00 PM Mar 11, 1990 on

• review

A same old epsiode Glomgold tries to get richer than Scrooge and doesn't only lose-he turns to gold! Of course he comes back to life as usual. He makes a cameo as a guest villian on Darkwing duck "In Like blunt"
  • Good episode but

I found the final episode very good althrought the scene with Scrooge using reverse socially on Webby turned me off .This poor little girl never got his attention and I found it sad that the writers couldn't allow the two characters to show some type of way to try and bond in the last esposide by allowing the child to come with him instead of a scene that seemed off as Webby never demanded that Scrooge take her along before.It was scenes like this that turned me off from Ducktales and was happy to see Disney finally show a true father/daughter bond between Drake and Gosalyn in Darkwing Duck.As most of the female children were side characters who were shown little attention.

The fact that Webby was also not turned to gold made her seem like she was less important then The boys and to see Scrooge spending all his time with the boys through out most of the 2 part esposide it would been a nice to see him give Webby some special attention Espically since this the first time he really had some time to spare for one on one time with her which she never got and was badly in need of .
  • Theres this long explanation and I don't care to explain. There is a golden goose.

I thought this was really good. It was well done but I hoped that the whole earth would be gold. It would be a nice season finale. The only thing I didn't like was when the gold was travelling at different speeds. Well, the animation was well done and it was pretty well written. However, I wouldn't have liked it as a series finale. i mean maybe like a season finale but there was no closing point at the end. All they did was bring back a whoe bunch of people like Dejon and Glomgold and the beagle boys. Anyway I really thought this was good but there was no closure with the characters. All in all it was a great episode with many great happenings. Great job cancelling it, ABC! (that was sarcasm)