DuckTales

The Golden Goose

Aired Weekdays 4:00 PM Mar 11, 1990 on

• Armegennion

There have been a lot of finales for TV shows and not a lot of them deliver but this one does it is not just one of my favorate TV finales but it's my favorate episode of the show and one of my favorate TV episodes in general.

This episode is one of the darkest I've seen in any cartoon, the whole two parter was a horror story. It's not just a fable about the danger of greed but it's really about the danger of addiction.

As we see with the new discovery, Scrooge's acts like a drug addict when he keeps inflating his greed by abusing the power of the golden goose more and more. That Golden Goose truely is a great treasure because the power it holds provides limitless possiblities on turning something into great wealth, you will never be poor you can be as rich as you want. But as we see from what happens in the arc it goes with another old saying, "Too much of a good thing isn't healthy".

And that's exactly what happens to Scrooge he begins to learn the hard way addiction can destroy your soul within but also what is most truely valuable. As we see one of the darkest and chilling scenes ever when Scrooge accidently turns Huey, Dewey and Louie along with Weeby into gold. And of course the curse the goose caries comes to life and turns a lot of other characters to gold from the good guys down to the bad guys, it really sent a cold feeling inside knowing these character could die or at least come close to the equivialant of death.

I'll admit I never really though that gold could be the most chilling thing ever. Gold in the episode truely is the main villan in the whole episode, the way it is hands from how it slowly but surely turn everything from people to the enviorment into gold. It behaved like a plague/force that was unstopable. One of the most unnerving moments what the cinamatography shot of seeing the whole world turn to gold.

This is one of the only time I've every seen a near end of the world scenario in an animated series. The only other time would have to of been the anime series "Pritty Soilder Sailor Moon" episodes arc 196-200.

It all came down to one of the most suspenseful final minutes ever where Launchpad and Scrooge had to take the goose back to it's resting place were everything will return to normal. I was litterally at the edge of my seat in those final minutes after everything that happened I wasn't sure of anything. I hated to see the show go after this two parter I couldn't help but want more I really could've seen more adventures for Scrooge and his family, Ducktales is just one of those shows you didn't want to end.