The Masked Mallard

Aired Weekdays 4:00 PM Sep 26, 1989 on

• Ducktales VS Batman a quit new side og Scrooge, and a funny episode

Every Disney cartoon has to have a "Cartoon Hero" episode. And Ducktales is of cause no different. Thought this episode can't exactly be described as being very original, it sure has its moments. The hole idear of Scrooge wanting to make himself look better, and therefore makes himself a masked hero, is fun. Scrooge always fights the Beagle boys, but this time he can really fight them. I love the first scene where we see Scrooge in his costume for the first time; Preventing the Beagle Boys from one of there break-ins. I also love the idear, what it's Gyro Gearloose who makes his custom, and that cool laser-walking stick. After all, it's Gyro who later on makes the stuff for Donald Ducks alter ego Super duck(Paperinik in Italian)(A character used in European Donald Duck cartoons. The character was created by Italian Guido Martina). Well, no good things last forever, and someone makes an attempt to make Scrooge's hero alter ego look really bad; Ones again a classic disney moment, where people can't tell the real one from the fake one, even though they look very different.
    This of cause leads to the final confrontation, between Scrooge, the Fake hero(the news-guy AND Gizmo Duck. The scene where Gismo finds out, that Scrooge is the hero(villain, he thinks), who's gonna pay him?
    Weel the final figth is great. Every thing goes back to normal, I just think Scrooge became a lot cooler.