DuckTales

The Money Vanishes

Aired Weekdays 4:00 PM Oct 05, 1987 on

• The Beagle Boys steal Gyro Gearloose's Furniture Mover Ray and use it to steal Scrooge's money.

This is a really funny. The Beagle Boys weren't as funny in their last appearance, but they are hilarious in this one. Just as in their last appearance, the Beagle Boys are first seen furious in their cell saying: "We gotta get outta here." Burger Beagle doesn't realize he's pulled a shovel out of Ma Beagle's cake. Officer Parolski doesn't even notice that the shovel is clearly sticking out of the cake when he hands it to the Beagle Boys.

I like the sequence when the Beagles are digging their way out of their cell and they wind up right back in their cell. Hilarious!

The nephews follow the money to the Beagle Boys's hideout. What follows is a pretty funny sequence. The Beagles chase the nephews into the zoo, where several are zapped to various places around Duckburg. It's amazing that, while the Beagles were chasing the nephews all over Duckburg, no one bothered to go into their hideout, which was stuffed with coins, and take some of Scrooge's money.

I think this is the first time that Little Bulb is seen in this series. He was called Little Helper in the comic books.

A funny episode! Fantastic.