DuckTales

Treasure of the Golden Suns

Aired Weekdays 4:00 PM Sep 18, 1987 on

• The all-time greatest episode of any cartoon I've ever seen... Perfect in every way...

I originally saw this episode in it's complete form when it aired for the first time. I was flipping through the channels at my grandfather's house and stopped when I came to a colorful cartoon featuring Scrooge McDuck and his nephews: Huey, Dewey, and Louie. Fortunately I tuned in during the first few minutes (right as Donald was leaving for the navy.) I sat through the entire show and was absolutely blown away. I was only seven years old at the time, but I will never forget that experience, or the feeling I had by the time it had finished.

The funny thing is that I re-watched the pilot on the DVD collection and was surprised at how well I remembered the last segment, "Too Much of a Gold Thing" (Which remains my all-time favorite episode of Ducktales. I must have watched it close to 100 times when I was a kid.) I could practically quote it in my head before the lines were said, and I even remember which music played during which scenes. It's nice that as an adult, I can still watch it and feel the same way I did almost 20 years ago.